Canada For events in Canada.

GTA: Good tinting place for upcoming '10 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 09:04 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTA: Good tinting place for upcoming '10 RX350

I planning to tint the front side windows to match the rear windows on my upcoming 2010 RX.

Does anyone know of any good tinting place in the GTA? Preferably in the Aurora/Newmarket area. I haven't asked the dealerships yet, but does anyone know if they would and how much it would normally cost?

Does anyone also know any cons to doing this, aside from a slight visibility issue?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-20-09, 12:12 PM
omgswifty
Pole Position

if you could make it to markham, theres a place called FX Auto and they have superb service, and their tints are of topnotch (i've tried several other places that use ghetto tints) but this place uses the best quality F1 tints, and they do several other things (clear bras). they also use a machine cutter so the tints r perfect match(no visible funny looking cut lines from hand cutting that most places do)

i've been with FXAuto for several of my cars and my buddies, they offer a lifetime unlimited warranty (so if it ever messes up, they'll do it over and over again.)

the only con i could think of is you'll notice its kinda hard to rear end park at night, but once u get use to the tints its 2nd nature. and if you plan on removing the tints from the rear window it'll remove your heat strips, but thats if you ever plan on removing the tint.
Old 04-20-09, 02:40 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Thats not too far from me. thanks for the info. I'll be sure to call them. Should I mention your name to them as I'm sure they'll appreciate the reco.
Old 04-20-09, 09:14 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thornhill tints is where i have done mine , ask for richard , he may not always be the cheapest but he is **** to the point of removing door panels to make sure the tint is positioned properly and the glass is clean so it does not come off.
Old 04-21-09, 09:47 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skperformance
Thornhill tints is where i have done mine , ask for richard , he may not always be the cheapest but he is **** to the point of removing door panels to make sure the tint is positioned properly and the glass is clean so it does not come off.
How much do they normally go for? I just want the 2 front door windows done.
Old 04-21-09, 10:17 AM
SwooshICE
Rookie

+1 for thornhill tints, took my doors panels off to do tints,
audioheaven is good alternative too and cheaper
Old 04-21-09, 09:49 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Usually $50-80 a door.
Old 04-28-09, 03:24 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Richard at Thornhill Tints. He does a great job and he is a stand-up guy.

Here is my story (in case anyone cares...):

After getting quotes from FX Auto (FormulaOne Pinnacle) and Thornhill Tints (Llumar ATX), I decided to go to Thornhill Tints.

There appeared to be a problem with the film in that once everything dried, everything looked distorted (kind of like what a glass looks like when it's wet). I brought it back to Richard who said he noticed it and then called the Llumar rep to take a look at it. The rep assured me that he had never heard of this happening and that head office was interested in this development. (At this point I'm not sure if he was just doing his bit to preserve whatever image was left of Llumar.)

Either way, Richard redid the tints and wouldn't let me leave until I was completely satisfied with the job.

I have since recommended friends to Richard just because he truly does stand behind his work and it doesn't hurt that he's a really friendly guy too.

P.S. I recommend non-metallic based tints for your RX as the metal inside the metallic tints could cause interference for the keyless entry, navigation and/or FM radio.
Old 07-29-09, 08:20 AM
anaq110
Driver

Anybody know of a place around Mississauga that they would recommend? I heard of Tint Kings but they have very bad reviews.
Old 07-30-09, 09:42 PM
SkylineR34
Driver School Candidate

Go to Auto-Links

Refer to Redflagdeals Group Buy

I just got a quote from them... $60 + tax for lifetime warranty.
Old 07-30-09, 10:01 PM
charmz
Lead Lap

+1 thornhill tint

did a flawless job on my car and im very particular about small details
Old 08-13-09, 10:29 PM
w1ck3d64
Lead Lap

i can vouch for auto-links...did mine there...perfect and great guys..their a/c sucks tho in their lounge hahaha
Old 08-16-09, 08:21 PM
anaq110
Driver

Default Auto-Links

Man these guys are great and did an amazing job on my GS350 on Thursday. Being from Jersey and not knowing much around here I relied heavily on their reviews off CL and other sites, I'm very happy with their work and will take my car in for more work to be done. Highly recommend, worth the drive for me and very reasonable prices Thanks fellas
Old 08-22-09, 02:33 PM
spider_55
Driver

tintmaster in mississauga. The best.
Old 08-25-09, 08:48 PM
DSM2GS400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I managed the Nissan dealer in Markham we used FX, always happy with the work they did, even tinted my car for free Over a year later no bubbles, peeling or issues at all. Good place for tints no question.
I now manage the Jaguar dealership in Thornhill and to company we use is second to none. Pricey but worth it. They tint $100-$150K cars daily so a RX should be no problem.
Find out what placed your dealer uses first and go from there. Will cost you a little more to use the dealership BUT if there is ever an issue, dealing with a dealer is a lot easier than an independent....
Let me know I can hook you up with our place. Buy me a 24 and we are good

BTW (i'll probably get flamed for this but...hope we can all be adults and take opinion for what it is) have you thought about the '10 Range Rover Sport?
The HSE 385hp starts in the mid $70's, the Supercharged is 510HP!!! mid $80's to start. 0-60 in 5.7sec! Sweeeeet ride.... Drove a pre-production model, amazing to say the least... Oh and BTW Jag/LandRover is now #1 in long term reliability...Yes better than Lexus. The RX is sweet for sure, just a thought.