Canada For events in Canada.

Car Wash Equip - Where & What to Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-10, 08:16 AM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure that you have more than one water bucket, at least 2 (i use 3). One for soap water and one for plain water to rince out the soapy sponge, NEVER mix them. Every time you resoap, you need to rince out on the plain water bucket.

I use a lot of brushes for the small crevasses and between the panels. Excellent for the low dirty spots that i don't want my mittain to get dirty, a few passes with the brushes then i go with the mittain.

For the soap and microfibers cloths, i use plain Canadian Tire or Walmart one.
For the wax, i use a rare brand, 24Karat and it works pretty well, i got it from a luxury cars shop for a very decent price.

Claying is very good IMO, i do it once a year.
Old 01-24-10, 12:39 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Originally Posted by Blueshark
Make sure that you have more than one water bucket, at least 2 (i use 3). One for soap water and one for plain water to rince out the soapy sponge, NEVER mix them. Every time you resoap, you need to rince out on the plain water bucket.

I use a lot of brushes for the small crevasses and between the panels. Excellent for the low dirty spots that i don't want my mittain to get dirty, a few passes with the brushes then i go with the mittain.

For the soap and microfibers cloths, i use plain Canadian Tire or Walmart one.
For the wax, i use a rare brand, 24Karat and it works pretty well, i got it from a luxury cars shop for a very decent price.

Claying is very good IMO, i do it once a year.
2 buckets with grit guards in both i wanna get a third bucket for wheels.

i don't trust those canadian tire microfibers, i only use them for wiping wheels.
Old 01-24-10, 07:28 PM
sulfur
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I finally washed my now 3 week old 2IS for the first time yesterday.

Here's what I got for those who've been following the thread & thanks for your help everyone:
- 2 buckets (still need to get grit guard, anyone know where to buy in GVRD easily at a store?)
- Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner (Walmart)
- Simoniz Genuine Sheepskin Mitt (Cdn Tire)
- 1/2 microfiber 1/2 scrubpad mitt for rims (Lordco)
- Armor All waffle microfiber towel for drying (Walmart)

I thought my 1st wash went ok. Couple of thoughts:

1) Wash/dry the drying towel first! I forgot & I end up with a few loose bright orange microfiber bits all over my car (its ok I didn't rub the surface, just padded the towel down & then lifted straight up). And buy 2 drying towels like others suggest. The supersize one I got wasn't big enough to dry the whole car properly

2) What's with the front brake dust??? I know there's a TSIB but I have a 2010 and I would think the issue is dealt with. After 3 weeks of light driving the 2 front rims are totally covered in dust!!! Is the TSIB optional & I have to request that even for 2010???
Old 01-24-10, 08:12 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Originally Posted by sulfur
Ok so I finally washed my now 3 week old 2IS for the first time yesterday.

Here's what I got for those who've been following the thread & thanks for your help everyone:
- 2 buckets (still need to get grit guard, anyone know where to buy in GVRD easily at a store?)
- Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner (Walmart)
- Simoniz Genuine Sheepskin Mitt (Cdn Tire)
- 1/2 microfiber 1/2 scrubpad mitt for rims (Lordco)
- Armor All waffle microfiber towel for drying (Walmart)

I thought my 1st wash went ok. Couple of thoughts:

1) Wash/dry the drying towel first! I forgot & I end up with a few loose bright orange microfiber bits all over my car (its ok I didn't rub the surface, just padded the towel down & then lifted straight up). And buy 2 drying towels like others suggest. The supersize one I got wasn't big enough to dry the whole car properly

2) What's with the front brake dust??? I know there's a TSIB but I have a 2010 and I would think the issue is dealt with. After 3 weeks of light driving the 2 front rims are totally covered in dust!!! Is the TSIB optional & I have to request that even for 2010???
you can pick up grit guards from autowerkes. he has local pickup but in maple ridge.

megs gold is significantly cheaper in the US. 14 bucks here, 7 bucks in US.

i got my waffle weave towel from glimmer glass and it works pretty well. after a rain and i pull into the garage, i can dry the entire car without wringing out at all.

there is brake dust, but for the '10 there should be the new pads on from the factory. i still get brake dust on my '09, but i applied sealant on entire rim, doesn't stick as much/way easier to clean.

http://www.autowerkesexclusive.com/p...rds/index.html
Old 01-25-10, 06:38 PM
vicky86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always clean my vehicle with a car cleaning kit including car shampoo, sponge, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, Water Bucket, Long Rubber Gloves, interior cleaner, a chamois leather, and car wax. Most of the cleaning tools were got from online store. I like shopping such things from internet, as I don't like to go out for such little kit.

Last edited by vicky86; 01-29-10 at 06:24 PM.