Canada For events in Canada.

looking for reliable mechanics in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 07:10 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ive had no problems with my hps, but then my car is completel street seeing no track time.

my previous car was a weekend autoX'er, with hps pads, didnt have any issues either (used with power slotted rotors)

next set im gonna give the EBC redstuff pads a try, and see how those go.

and yes, hps squeek. but its nothing compared to the endless pads =P haha, those are just annoyingly squeeking!

Originally Posted by narfy
no offence to stormforge, but i avoid hawk HPS like plague... the first 2 months i had HPS in my car, they were fine, then they started squealing like madd... high speed, low speed, hard stops, gentle stops, hot, cold... didn't matter... i've also completely faded HPS in 3 laps in my AE86 at mission raceway's SHORT course in the rain... having done this, i chucked them and replaced my pads and rotors again with porterfield R4S and i've been super happy since... oh, and when the HPS faded, they also cracked, and the friction material just about fell off of the backing plate...

the porterfield R4S is my performance street pad of choice, and i've tracked many different types of brake pads and this is by far, the friendliest streetable brake pad... that means you don't have to swap pads out before and after track days... they will still fade if heavily abused, but they take a lot more abuse to fade, and come back feeling normal after half a lap of cooling down...

you can get them from drivers edge on boundary under highway 1, next to audi and bmw...