GTA Wheel & Tire in Toronto/Mississauga

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-10, 06:27 AM
IK828
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTA Wheel & Tire in Toronto/Mississauga

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you have had experience with perhaps buying and/or installing rims and tires here? I am planning on buying a custom set of rims and I just was wondering if anyone had any previous experience with them (good or bad)

Thanks
Old 02-18-10, 09:42 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Try Tires23
http://www.tires23.com/

They are one of the best in the GTA.
Old 02-20-10, 12:59 AM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

Only thing I didn't like about Tires23 is that if something is not in stock... you could be in for a long wait for your items to come in. And while I have no problem with people consolidating orders... it's the fact that they won't openly disclose the waiting time that annoys me. But once your item is in... I'm sure you'll have a positive experience.
Old 02-26-10, 02:04 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've dealt with Tires23 and Simply Tire (http://www.simplytire.com).

I now deal with Simply Tire because they are closer to me, the prices are comparable and the service is better (in my eyes). I won't go into my rant re: Tires23 but let's just say that I no longer employ their services.

The only potential issue with Simply Tire is that they're so busy it's sometimes hard to get a hold of Allen via email or phone. Going in person will guarantee that you get to talk to him.
Old 02-26-10, 11:27 PM
Crester
Driver School Candidate

An Audi friend recommended Simply Tires to me and I like them a lot. They are a smaller operation... but their prices are really good. And Allen is BRUTALLY honest.

About Tires23... I wish you'd tell your story. It always helps to know people's experiences.
Old 02-28-10, 10:43 AM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crester
About Tires23... I wish you'd tell your story. It always helps to know people's experiences.
Ask and ye shall receive...

I had bought a set of tires for my old car (2002 Nissan Maxima) from them previously without incident so I was happy with them.

Later on the same year, I needed to get 4 steel wheels (17x7) and 2 winter tires (Hankook Icebear W300 in 225/50R17). I was emailing/calling various tire shops to see what they could do.

At the time I was living in Barrie and working quite a bit (my work days were 12+ hours/day) so the amount of free time I had to do errands was at a premium.

Anyway, after emailing Tires23 for what I was looking for, they emailed me a quote that was very reasonable. In fact, it was a good deal. After confirming with them via email that the price was correct, I made an appointment on one of my days off to go down and get the tires done.

When I got there, after telling them what I wanted, they raised the price of the quote by $200. They told me that the person who had quoted me the price via email was incorrect in giving me the quoted price. I told them that I had in writing (email) the agreed upon price. They insisted that that was not the price and that I could either pay $200 more or not get them at all.

Since they had me over a barrel (spent an hour driving from Barrie on one of my few days off, with winter fast approaching), I paid the extra $200 and vowed to myself that I would never do business with them again.

I understand that people can make mistakes. However, when running a business, sometimes it is worth making less, or taking a loss, to keep a customer happy (to prevent him from sharing his story to other people). I also know I probably had a legal case in the sense that I had the price in writing, but I really needed the tires at the time and didn't have more time to waste arguing.

Anyway, that's my story. I know it's an insolated incident but it's my reason for dealing with Allen at Simply Tire.
Old 03-04-10, 11:17 AM
jkular
Driver School Candidate

I had the same experence with "wheels for less" (woordbrige), The salesperson was just not consistent with what he was telling me about the wheels. I had money in my pocket for him, but choose not to do business with such a person. He also wanted me to pay an extra $200 from what we had agreed upon my previous visit. After some research and with the help of guys from Vossen i found TireMag... Talked to a guy named steve and got a Fair deal on a nice set of 19" vossens. There located in North York ( about a 5 min drive from York university on Keele) IF anyone needs more info on them feel free to PM me.
Old 04-24-16, 01:04 PM
ShotEddy
Driver School Candidate

GreenCarTires.com is where I go
Old 05-13-16, 05:50 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 150 Likes on 92 Posts

I've always liked Johnston Magwood in Mississauga or Wheels Direct out in Scarborough.