JDM parts - Vancouver?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-10, 05:57 PM
Measured
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 58 Posts
Default JDM parts - Vancouver?

Hey guys,

I am looking to get some JDM parts, mainly for starters is the window visors for my GS300 '01. I found a place in the states that can ship them to a US address, but I'd rather not deal with that. Luxury Mods

What is local for us?

Thanks
Old 08-14-10, 08:55 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no one, i ordered mine from the states, ltuned parts aka carson toyota/lexus
Old 08-15-10, 12:17 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
no one, i ordered mine from the states, ltuned parts aka carson toyota/lexus
yup, carson toyota is also a CL approved vendor, so you know you won't get scammed. but having said that, ordering parts in the states will always be cheaper than buying from a local jdm import store in vancouver (hey, the store has to mark up and make a profit too!).

a&j racing, sr auto group...these are the few local retail stores (there are a couple more) that can order jdm parts for you if you don't want to the hassle to order them yourself from the states.
Old 08-15-10, 01:35 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there are almost non locally that cater to toyota/lexus, unless its a mainstream brand which happens to carry parts for that specific vehicle.

so actual jdm parts, u gotta buy from the states from the already scarce number of shops that carry or persue getting them

A&J caters to hondas, mitsus and nissans (mainly the GTR)

SR caters to higher end mainstream brands. so if u want oem or jdm, u might as well look south
Old 08-15-10, 09:54 PM
Measured
Advanced

Cool thanks guys.. I ordered my JDM window visor from Nigel and pick up my car hopefully on Wednesday unless the dealership screws me over upon our agreement.
Old 08-16-10, 12:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
there are almost non locally that cater to toyota/lexus, unless its a mainstream brand which happens to carry parts for that specific vehicle.

so actual jdm parts, u gotta buy from the states from the already scarce number of shops that carry or persue getting them

A&J caters to hondas, mitsus and nissans (mainly the GTR)

SR caters to higher end mainstream brands. so if u want oem or jdm, u might as well look south
well A&J and SR could order lexus jdm parts in, it's a question of whether the OP is willing to pay the premium of doing so. i bought my prussian blue kit from SR, and it was shipped in from japan.
Old 08-16-10, 10:19 PM
Measured
Advanced

I appreciate everyone's input here as I spent 10 yrs knowing where I could do up my other car and found some deals on a lot of parts. Now it is all new again and I don't mind paying a premium if the parts are worth it and unique enough that nobody else has it or at the very least not many.

I've always modded my cars to be clean, sleek and as close to a OEM look while still be modified.
Old 08-18-10, 05:47 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Measured
I appreciate everyone's input here as I spent 10 yrs knowing where I could do up my other car and found some deals on a lot of parts. Now it is all new again and I don't mind paying a premium if the parts are worth it and unique enough that nobody else has it or at the very least not many.

I've always modded my cars to be clean, sleek and as close to a OEM look while still be modified.
if money is not a factor, talk to SR. they can get almost anything jdm. like you, i wanted my mods to be unique. and SR know how to make your ride unique, provided you have pockets deep enough to make it happen. good luck!