beatdown crew meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-11, 11:15 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beatdown crew meet

<vent>
ok wtf, so i'm driving home today around 6 in vancouver. southbound on main, see a tonne of traffic and for some reason i decide to turn onto 10th and figure some way around it. i don't know the area well… as i go to turn, i see a pedestrian so i stop, i was barely rolling originally. let the guy pass and looking back to the near corner, start to roll, then (no joke or exaggeration here) i see a guy flying out of the sky and stop on my passenger front fender. he drop kicked my car!!!

O_O i was kind of shell-shocked to be honest. i looked at the guy and he was just standing stone-faced on the corner like nothing happened. i completed my turn and was about to get out and lay the beatdown but i'm not a big guy and he didn't look right in the head. i pulled ahead a bit then got out and checked the damage. front right fender is totally dented in, paint cracked and peeling off.

i turned around and went back for the guy. on the way a pedestrian who witnessed it all came up to me and we talked about what to do. he wasn't hot about going to confront the guy either so i called the cops. luckily the guy was nuts enough to stay in the area and we found him a block away. cops were nearby too so took him for questioning.

called it in to icbc and the kicker is that this guy will likely walk away with nothing and i get to pay $300 to return my car to normal. where's the f'g justice.

when the cops grabbed him, they were crossing main st and this guy just walked off and a car almost nailed him… almost… is it wrong to have hoped for a few extra feet from the car that stopped?
</vent>

Last edited by legomaniac; 01-19-11 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-20-11, 12:33 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i always thought if they caught the guy who did the vandalism, you wouldn't have to pay the deductible.

i think you should do some research on your icbc policy.
Old 01-20-11, 12:34 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

it wasn't totally clear what i'll be paying but it was a possibility. i see the adjuster on monday to sort it out.
Old 01-20-11, 01:22 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the policy is that as long as SOMEONE pays (in this case that crazy dude) your good. You shoulda gotten the police case#, they would have taken his info. You can then get the police to give icbc buddy's info so they can charge him the $300.
Old 01-20-11, 07:24 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

i did get the police # and gave it to he police

where the problem lies is this guy seemed like he had issues. surprised if he has a home and even more surprised if he actually owns a car with a policy.

what i recall icbc saying was that if he gets charged then they'll just put it on his 'tab' for collections and i may not pay in that case, if no charges then i'm on the hook for the deductible. i guess thinking back then, if no charges are laid but there is a police case, i can then push to lay charges, then i should b good?
Old 01-21-11, 10:34 PM
edwa
Rookie

Sorry to hear that but you're basically gonna get f--ked by ICBC.

Years ago I a woman scraped the side of my fender with her baby stroller when I was sitting in my car. She thought she can squeeze between my car and the wall, she couldn't Since it was a woman I really couldn't do anything to her.
The brutal part was that when I was asking her if she knew what she had done, she thought nothing of it. She gave me all her info. and I reported it to the police and ICBC. After a couple of months and constant phone calls to ICBC they finally got back to me and informed me that because the woman didn't have a car insurance, there was nothing they could do. I had to wait till she tries to insure a vehicle before they can obtain my deductable and return it to me.
The police was no help either, they informed me that I had to sue her in small claims court if I wanted to get my deductable back. They also said it will probabably cost way more in the long run as I will have to pay to file a claim in court, pay to serve her and then when I get the ruling in my favor I will have to pay again to try to collect. All this, with no guarantee that the money can be collected from her.
The short of it is that you are out your deductable.
Old 01-25-11, 01:05 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

yup, saw icbc last night, basically i'm on the hook for the deduct unless they get money out of the perp. whether police charge him or not is kinda irrelevant if he can't afford to pay. there's a slim chance he actually has assets or something but we'll see.

at least i can be comfortable with the bodyshop i'm going to... saw 2 IS-Fs, a LS600hL and a QX there
Old 01-26-11, 12:40 AM
Imperium11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rough man, im kinda glad i dont live in van :P
Old 01-28-11, 09:45 PM
edwa
Rookie

Sounds like you already found a good bodyshop,but if not, Vieta is an excellent bodyshop as they specialize in Lexus. I brought my car there and they did an excellent job.
Old 01-30-11, 10:27 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

thanks edwa! i've been there before and am going there this time as well
Old 02-07-11, 10:58 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

somewhat similar story happened to me last friday. A F*ing homeless guy pushed a shopping cart and hit right against my rear bumper! Than i freaking screamed out loud and he started to chuck things at me and booked away. Called the cops, didnt show up for at least 1 hour and by than the bum was long gone! Cops gave me a claim number and only i can do now is pay $300deductible..
Old 02-08-11, 12:19 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Canadian government and police (some) are F-ked up. seriously.

[Vent]

Tenant decides to burn garbage in my property saying they don't have a truck or money to get garbage removal, I receive a bill from City of Richmond and Fire Department for 350 and 500 respectively, each time, currently on 2nd time.

I can't kick them out legally, have property manager to do eviction, that have yet to worked as they revoked it just by tenants saying they (somehow) didn't receive a eviction notice and they can't find a place to live. They are also piling tonnes of garbage on the property, not paying anywhere enough rent, none utilities, the the past MANY months I have been receiving about only >20% of the rent and utils iirc, and last month I have to bring rent from another house over to cover their rent and I am still a few hundred dollars short, that's not even counting the 1700 city and fire dept. is charging me.

And when one of the tenants leave, they destroyed the interior of the house and all windows, materials and windows are all on us, another tenant leaves, he's trying to sue me for broken window that he broke and saying no heat or hot water that he messed up and turned off and also wired so it'll back fire. ALL is on ME. What have this world become of?

[/Vent]

Last edited by Solo_D33A; 02-08-11 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-08-11, 06:51 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^ which is why if you buy property, you buy commercial property. if you have a proper commercial lease in place and the tenant doesn't pay, you have the right to boot the tenant AND take his chattels as compensation. you also have the right to charge interest on rents not paid and sue his @ss in court for non-payment of rent. with NNN rents, you don't have to worry about utilities, common area expenses and property taxes - tenants pay for it all. it's win-win scenario for the landlord.
Old 02-08-11, 09:27 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

yeah, lesson being learned.... That's why the property is for sale now...
Old 02-08-11, 10:27 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
yeah, lesson being learned.... That's why the property is for sale now...
good luck with sale...and go buy a nice commercial property!