Canada For events in Canada.

Any 2011 Lexus IS250/350 owner out there? I need your opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-11, 09:31 AM
Mica2011
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 2011 Lexus IS250/350 owner out there? I need your opinions...

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new car, 2011 Lexus IS250 is number one on my list right now if I decide to pull the trigger. Before I'm ready to sign the contract, I would like to see some opinions from you guys that have own the car and your experience driving this car. What are the good and bad about it so far? I'm also open for other make/model if you know any that fits my needs.

Here are my criteria:

- Reliability

I'd like to keep this car for a long time, I want to avoid headaches in going to repair shops constantly, so this is important

- Safety

The recent Toyota/Lexus recalls did cause some negative effects on my decision, but I'm hoping they have addressed these issues already on the 2011 models

- Aesthetic

Love the LED head lights and the rear design, I'm still thinking if I should go for the F-Sport package or not. BTW, is the "shark fin" antenna available on the 2011 IS250?

- Fuel Consumption

I know it uses Premium gas only, sucks to have to pay extra but overall this car is not so bad on the gas, as I drive mostly highway

- Comfort

I drive almost 110 KM everyday so I'm looking for a comfort/quiet ride, my back needs a good support!

- Driving Performance

I don't really care about horsepower/torque (like I'll ever go more than 150km/h, and I'm not interested in how quickly I can get from 0-100 either lol), as long as the car handles reasonably well in GTA weather, I'm good. Now the real question is, how is this car control like in the snow/cold weather? is RWD good enough? I have always been driving FWD cars.

- Maintenance/Parts/Repair Cost

(e.g. how much for an oil change at the dealership? Is it really $200+ !?)

- Dealership

Last but not least, I have already gotten a Carcost report, I know the invoice price, dealer rebate and such. Is it still possible to get a good deal right now? Or should I wait till Aug/Sept when they want to clear out their inventory? (Do they even have anything left? lol) Are the Lexus dealers not budging at the MSRP because of they are still using the earthquake excuse? Now speaking of the dealerships, how is Ken Shaw? read some good reviews about them here, if you know another one please let me know.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your time and input!

Last edited by Mica2011; 06-26-11 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-26-11, 06:26 PM
ddhleigh
Pole Position

Hi! Might want to post in the 2is section. You'll get more replies:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eneration-163/
Old 07-18-11, 07:29 AM
tfelsky
Driver

I've had 2 2IS and they are some of the most satisfying cars to own. All of your points above will be satisfied.
Old 08-11-11, 11:49 AM
FMJ IS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my 2 cents

Originally Posted by Mica2011

- Reliability

I'd like to keep this car for a long time, I want to avoid headaches in going to repair shops constantly, so this is important

Well, i have a 2008, and mine has been trouble free, dealer install new paddle, but i don't believe in that, probably US gov wants to help out domestic.

- Safety

The recent Toyota/Lexus recalls did cause some negative effects on my decision, but I'm hoping they have addressed these issues already on the 2011 models

i once did a mostly highway on my 250, the on board fuel consumption computer told me more than 750 km, i end up getting low 70 with 10% city driving, gotta love direct injection

- Fuel Consumption

- Comfort

I drive almost 110 KM everyday so I'm looking for a comfort/quiet ride, my back needs a good support!

the IS is really comfy and quiet, but the rear seat is not as comfy as the front, if you care.

- Driving Performance

I don't really care about horsepower/torque (like I'll ever go more than 150km/h, and I'm not interested in how quickly I can get from 0-100 either lol), as long as the car handles reasonably well in GTA weather, I'm good. Now the real question is, how is this car control like in the snow/cold weather? is RWD good enough? I have always been driving FWD cars.

my RWD + Gislaved Nordfrost 5 has hardly give me any trouble during these 3 years.

- Maintenance/Parts/Repair Cost

(e.g. how much for an oil change at the dealership? Is it really $200+ !?)

see other thread for 3rd party shop, dealer will steal from you for service

- Dealership

Last but not least, I have already gotten a Carcost report, I know the invoice price, dealer rebate and such. Is it still possible to get a good deal right now? Or should I wait till Aug/Sept when they want to clear out their inventory? (Do they even have anything left? lol) Are the Lexus dealers not budging at the MSRP because of they are still using the earthquake excuse? Now speaking of the dealerships, how is Ken Shaw? read some good reviews about them here, if you know another one please let me know.

Just stay away from Don Valley North and Richmond Hill then you will be fine

Thanks guys, really appreciate your time and input!
see a thread in Red flag deal automotive forum, similar question there
Old 08-11-11, 06:36 PM
furryjet
Pole Position

I don't drive my car in snow, but a lot of CL members said their 250/350 handles fine with a proper set of snow tires, so i think you should be good.