Canada For events in Canada.

2014 IS Track Test Event at Buttonville Airport

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 12:24 PM
Sfrt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 IS Track Test Event at Buttonville Airport

Anyone else out there experience the fantastic event put on by Richmond Hill/Don Valley North Lexus this past weekend?
Kudos to them for putting on an event with no sales pressure, purely for people to experience the new 2014 IS models ... and extra kudos to them for putting the event on at Buttonville Airport on a closed track with a helpful racing instructor in the passenger seat of every car.
I drove the 2014 IS350 AWD F-Sport and was incredibly impressed with the improvements made from the previous generation, particularly in handling.
If anyone has photos or even video to post of the event, I'd love to see it.
I'd also love to see more events put on like this - goes a long way to building a community of enthusiast drivers passionate about, and loyal to, the Lexus brand.
Old 07-25-13, 11:39 AM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I was there too. Event was well organized and a great opportunity to get a feel for the new IS.
Also got a free white F-sport hat and coffee cup.

However, these test drive events are great for the average person that never goes to the track. It gives those people the chance to push the car more than he/she would in a safe enclosed track.

But for me, after test driving the new IS at this enclosed track, I can't really tell if the new IS is better or worst than the previous generation. Need to test it out at a real race track like Shannonville to be able to make a proper judgement.

Overall, it's still a enjoyable event. Next is to prepare myself for the DVNL's marketing calls about this new IS.
In the end, it's all about hosting an event so they can sell more of the new IS.
Old 07-25-13, 04:46 PM
Sfrt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. Apparently some Lexus sales reps tracked their demo ISs at Cayuga with some race instructors, along with comparator cars (BMW 328, Audi A4, Merc C-?) and supposedly the IS outperformed all. Have to take that with a grain of salt of course ...
Just drove the 250 F-sport on the road and have to say it feels extremely nimble - the weight reduction I think is more perceptible on the 250 drive than the 350 IMHO.