Canada For events in Canada.

WARNING: Do not go to Erin park Lexus for service

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 03:55 PM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: Do not go to Erin park Lexus for service

Normally I go to Rick's or DVP lexus for regular maintenance and service. But last month I got a Recall letter from Lexus for the trunks handle and windshield wiper. Since I live in mississauga and the letter said I can take my car to any dealership for service, so I took it to Erin park lexus. Bad choice. They broke my windshield during service. Now there is a small crack on it. I have contacted the service center, and waiting for their respond. I will never go back there for service again.
Old 02-17-14, 07:58 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Are they doing anything about it?

I had a small crack on my windshield. When it is cold and when I am scrapping the ice off the windshield, the pressure I applied enlarged the crack into a bigger crack.
Old 02-17-14, 02:28 PM
jchong
Driver

Are you sure they cracked your windshield? Why wouldn't you speak to the service manager when you were there?
Old 02-18-14, 06:14 AM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BDSL
Are they doing anything about it?

I had a small crack on my windshield. When it is cold and when I am scrapping the ice off the windshield, the pressure I applied enlarged the crack into a bigger crack.
Their shop was close the last 2 days. They are suppose to contact me today.

The crack is already getting bigger due to the cold weather.

Last edited by ray1202; 02-18-14 at 06:22 AM.
Old 02-18-14, 06:16 AM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jchong
Are you sure they cracked your windshield? Why wouldn't you speak to the service manager when you were there?
The crack is right under the windsheld wiper, their service center have already confirmed the crack is form by the the windshield wiper hitting the windshield, and no one touched the windshield wiper after the service appointment.

The crack was small and you won't notice it from the driver side. I found it the next day when my girlfriend sitting at the passenger and saw the crack.

Last edited by ray1202; 02-18-14 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-18-14, 08:31 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

damn...when I go do the recalls I'll make sure to inspect the windshield with them beforehand to prove to them it's fine, then inspect again again after to make sure no cracks

such amateur mistake to let the windshield wiper arm just "fall" back into place
Old 02-19-14, 08:01 AM
Piece350
Rookie

Did you hear anything back from their service manager? Curious to see how they will handle this...
Old 02-19-14, 02:48 PM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Just got a call from erin park lexus. They are going to replace the windshield. But it gonna take a few days before the part arrived, probably early next week.
Old 02-19-14, 03:29 PM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

So they replaced your windshield.
It is good they own up to a problem they caused.
All it takes is a little communication....
Old 02-19-14, 03:36 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ray1202
Just got a call from erin park lexus. They are going to replace the windshield. But it gonna take a few days before the part arrived, probably early next week.
I think you should edit your post and give the dealership some positive feedback. Sure, they damaged the windshield (which sometime just happened) but what more important is how they deal with the situation afterward.
Old 02-20-14, 05:50 AM
Piece350
Rookie

I have gone to Rick at Aussie Auto when I lived closer to his shop...he provides great service and is a pleasure to deal with...

I assume that "pheonix72" is connected to the dealership or the service manager...
Old 02-20-14, 05:58 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Piece350
I assume that "pheonix72" is connected to the dealership or the service manager...
Hahaha... Very nice ASSumption but i live on the other side of the continent and have NO connection to anyone there. Sometime, ****s happened when you bring your car in for service! What more important is how they handle it afterward.
Old 02-20-14, 06:13 AM
Piece350
Rookie

Originally Posted by pheonix72
Hahaha... Very nice ASSumption but i live on the other side of the continent and have NO connection to anyone there. Sometime, ****s happened when you bring your car in for service! What more important is how they handle it afterward.
We have a smart one on our hands here don't we...then you must own Toyota/Lexus...cheers all the way to California...not sure why you are trolling in the Canadian section if you are making ASSumptions on a dealership that you have no idea about...just my two cents...
Old 02-20-14, 06:26 AM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Piece350
We have a smart one on our hands here don't we...then you must own Toyota/Lexus...cheers all the way to California...not sure why you are trolling in the Canadian section if you are making ASSumptions on a dealership that you have no idea about...just my two cents...
Cheer up guy! No trolling here, i was attracted to the post with "WARNING..." I did not know that one not supposed to "troll" other sub-forum. I was not making any ASSumption; just made a statement!
Old 02-20-14, 07:37 AM
ray1202
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pheonix72
I think you should edit your post and give the dealership some positive feedback. Sure, they damaged the windshield (which sometime just happened) but what more important is how they deal with the situation afterward.
Completely agree. But I will update AFTER the windshield is replaced and confirmed everything is good.

Also, need to check with them if is it a human error or the whindsheld wiper part they replace causing this.

Quick Reply: WARNING: Do not go to Erin park Lexus for service