Broken side mirror NX200t

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-16, 12:07 AM
X3wilson
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken side mirror NX200t

Broken side mirror?

**** happens.. I broke my left side mirror while backing and scratching the left side of the car into a wall.. the mirror is now "hanging" in its place. Not clearly visible that it is broken. But it does move abnormally freely when any force is applied. However the electronics are still working. Eg. Switching to R does make the mirror adjust down. Pressing a preset seat position and the mirror was also electronically adjusting quite well.

Driving through the speed bumps will also cause the mirror to shake up and down a little. Is it still safe to drive? Don't want the mirror to drop on the road. Am I supposed to go back to the dealer to fix this or are other auto repair shops just fine? Not sure if I'm gonna get ripped by the dealer or something..

I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks W
Old 02-23-16, 09:58 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your handy, just take it apart yourself and see if anything is broken or cracked. If not get a local shop to do it for you.
Cheapest way would be to just glue the broken/loose part together.
Old 02-24-16, 07:01 AM
jkwiseeyes
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Funny thing I did the exact same thing to my IS250 MY14 last year - I had cracked the shell of the mirror (it came off completely and I put it back on with some twist ties temporarily) I went to the dealership, they wanted to replace the whole mirror (electronics too) and quoted me roughly $450-500 ... I knew the electronics were still working so after talking to the sales representative who sold me the car at Lexus, he help me identify the part numbers i needed to only replace the casing and ordered that for me. it was about $100 - $150. I spent maybe 2 hours removing the old broken pieces and putting on the new one. Unfortunately, the way you describe yours sounds like the hinge piece that connects the mirror to the car might be broken, that may be more costly.
Not sure is this is helpful information or not... good luck!
Old 06-30-21, 11:14 PM
Adrianww
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

I probably didn't describe the issue correctly.

The mirror isn't broken - it just distorts the view in a way that makes me think I'm in 2 different places on the road when I compare the view with the other mirrors in the car. Imagine you're looking at a zoom lens on the left-side mirror and a normal mirror on the right-side +interrior mirrors - everything looks way closer on the left than it is actually.

This means that when I'm overtaking on the highway or just making a sharp turn, I'm not able to see correctly cars coming from the left side of the car - they appear way closer than they are in reality and compared to the other mirrors, which is confusing and could lead to a road accident.

Yesterday when I was at the dealer, they took it apart and we compared the unit numbers and saw that nothing is damaged on the inside. It's just that the mirror itself (despite being OEM) is making the view unrealistic.
Old 03-03-22, 07:59 AM
bman2723
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 30 Posts

Any of you guys in Toronto ? I may have a Passenger side mirror. Mine broke off but the housing and internals are still good

I can look for it later today and if it works for you, make me an offer ?

what's app me - 647 446 9274