Canada For events in Canada.

Good Lexus Mechanic Montreal Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-22, 06:00 PM
Krakrak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good Lexus Mechanic Montreal Area

I know this site is mainly US centric but I was wondering if anyone here could recommend me a good garage/mechanic that knows Lexus cars in the Montreal (Quebec) area?

I'm trying to find someone competent to do the timing belt and water pump on my LS400.

I was quoted 1200$ CAD (parts+labor) at a local garage, but they don't seem to know a lot about the LS400 so I'm a little hesitant.

Thanks.
Old 01-01-22, 08:05 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 410 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Krakrak
I know this site is mainly US centric but I was wondering if anyone here could recommend me a good garage/mechanic that knows Lexus cars in the Montreal (Quebec) area?

I'm trying to find someone competent to do the timing belt and water pump on my LS400.

I was quoted 1200$ CAD (parts+labor) at a local garage, but they don't seem to know a lot about the LS400 so I'm a little hesitant.

Thanks.
Whether a dealer or independent mechanic, verify (ask to see) they have the correct tools (harmonic balancer holding tool , torque wrench) and a shop manual.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ct-wrench.html

If not a dealer, agree in writing indy is using OEM Toyota parts...(or provide your own)
An indy shop does not want to (and dealer certainly won't) install your random aftermarket parts...they make no money and complicates warranty...but they can't balk at original parts.
Use Toyota brand FIPG and coolant.

Aftermarket parts just do not hold up.

The following users liked this post:
Krakrak (01-02-22)
Old 07-24-22, 04:37 AM
RSLEX
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krakrak

Thanks.
Hi, I hope your problem was resolved. I am in Montreal to, were you able to find an independent mechanic? If yes, couldvyou share? Thanks Roberto