Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Relax Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-23, 05:27 AM
Tahary
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lexus Relax Warranty

Hi

This is my first contribution since joined the club.

Just wanted to share my experience with all of you regarding Lexus Relax (10 years warranty). I can easily say it’s a marketing stunt. Unless, the Lexus dealer & the Lexus UK taking the matters into their own hands by not honouring the spirit of the Lexus Relax.

I have Lexus RX450h Sport and it was registered in mid 2019, over 3 years old now. 2 weeks back I was cleaning the vehicle and noted accumulation of condensation in Rear Left hand indicator housing. There is no physically apparent damage/crack in the housing (plastic) or sealing rubbers.

I approached the Edinburgh Lexus dealer (included some photos) and without any investigation I was informed that this is not covered due to water ingress and I should use hair dryer to dry the condensation. Then I approached Lexus UK (responsible for the whole Lexus dealers in the country) and they contacted Edinburgh Lexus and came back to me saying this is not covered and if I require it changed then I have to pay for it (lamp unit is £675.37).

I have replied to Lexus UK giving them additional information and highlighting that the car has not been in accident or the indicator housing has been damaged/cracked to accumulate condensation, so this will leave us with faulty product or assembly…of course they not taking responsibility. Also, I requested them to guide me how to contact higher up the system if they are not willing to resolve my grievances. With not results…ignoring to provide contact details for Lexus manufacture customer service.

I have been trying to obtain Japan’s customers service contact details but been unsuccessful.

Any feedback highly appreciated.
Old 03-16-23, 05:52 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,504 Likes on 1,646 Posts

welcome to CL and sorry to hear lexus is not helping you out with the light condensation.

did they give a reason or specific info on why it's not covered by the warranty?

on a brighter note... LOVE scotland.
Old 03-16-23, 06:51 AM
Tahary
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks

Hi, no reason given except water ingress is not covered! not asked how water ingress taken place because there is no damage/crack in the housing so it has to be from manufacturing fault or assembly.
attached picture for reference.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
RL Indicator light housing.docx (352.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 03-16-23, 07:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,413 Posts

I’m not familiar with Lexus relax but it looks like googling the terms it’s spelled out in their favor

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.ne...57-2285577.pdf
No claims can be made for the refund of costs associated with:

a) indirect or direct consequences of any fault (including but not limited to loss of profit or income by the vehicle owner; transportation; towing costs, phone, hotel or accommodation costs, parking costs, loss of any assets or valuables);
b) compensation for deprivation of use
c) air freight or special delivery
d) aesthetic items e.g. paint repairs; rust repairs; discoloration; fading; deformation; crackling;
loosing; falling-off; water entry and condensation damages
e) Cars not sold through Lexus (GB) plc
Looks like it’s not covered under your warranty, I would continue to escalate to see if you can get some partial goodwill coverage from the dealer (you pay for parts, they pay for service)
Old 03-16-23, 03:52 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

I am not surprised this issue or concern is denied.
(they find ways)