Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Would your next car be a Lexus?
Yes
56.35%
No
25.40%
Not sure
18.25%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think your next car will be a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-03 | 08:03 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Definitely sticking with a Lexus (or private import Toyota ... I love Australia haha)... hopefully after owning my Soarer twin turbo, I'm hoping to add to it (I really don't want to trade in at all) either:
- UZZ31/2 Toyota Soarer V8 Limited/Active with all the fruit (daily driver ) OR
- Toyota Harrier (RX300).... maybe even
- JZS161 Toyota Aristo V300 (woooyeah!!!!! Once importing laws allow them into the country)

There's only been Toyotas in my family... Right now I'm trying to get my parents into a new IS300... wish me luck! hehehe
Old 01-01-04 | 08:42 AM
jcramair1
Lead Lap

I will always have a Lexus in the Family, allthough lately I have thought about selling my GS for a new LS or S600.
Old 01-02-04 | 05:00 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Just to echo many others...Toyota/Lexus 'til I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to afford a brand-new Lexus as my next car, so I'll probably end up with a stick-shift Camry (hey, they're getting that custom-order program online soon) to get me through the rest of college and through my first few years of "real" work until I am able to afford a Lexus.

But I always have access to mom's GS for those reeeeaaallly important dates or afternoons of spirited driving...

Last edited by SecPole14; 01-02-04 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-02-04 | 06:55 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

If you asked me nine years ago I would've said yes, also I would be in diapers.. I think?

As of now though, no, maybe ten years? If they come out with a serious competitor to the S600, but till then, first off, we're looking for a people hauler and the Cayenne Turbo is the first choice. Second, today we had a bad fight with our Lexus dealer, so dad doesn't want another Lexus. Alas, Lexus vehicles are still the best for what they are oriented at doing, Luxury.
Old 01-02-04 | 07:34 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Just to echo many others...Toyota/Lexus 'til I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to afford a brand-new Lexus as my next car, so I'll probably end up with a stick-shift Camry (hey, they're getting that custom-order program online soon) to get me through the rest of college and through my first few years of "real" work until I am able to afford a Lexus.

But I always have access to mom's GS for those reeeeaaallly important dates or afternoons of spirited driving...
Wow, I'm in the same boat as you. I want a GS SOOOOO BADLY but college and grad school will be a big financial hurdle. I'm planning to use the ES as long as possible although the Scion xB has grabbed my attention. What a great value!

BTW, stick-shift Camry sounds interesting, when will this be released?
Old 01-02-04 | 08:24 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by XenonES3
Wow, I'm in the same boat as you. I want a GS SOOOOO BADLY but college and grad school will be a big financial hurdle. I'm planning to use the ES as long as possible although the Scion xB has grabbed my attention. What a great value!

BTW, stick-shift Camry sounds interesting, when will this be released?
Unfortunately, Toyota killed the V6 sticks when the model was redesigned for '02. There are manual tranny 4-cylinders avaliable, as usual. I'm just excited about the custom order process...a manual transmission SE (sunroof comes standard) with gray exterior/taupe leather interior with tint, JBL sound system, ABS, curtain airbags, and TRD springs should keep me happy for a long while...But it would probably cost about $23K, which would be stretching the budget...

The xB is cool and a great value, as you said, but I prefer sedans. I'm curious to see the Scion xC, that may become an option as well. Maybe we'll get more info during the auto show next week?
Old 01-03-04 | 01:51 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

You guys should get the Scion xB and be like the guy I saw driving around in one a few days ago. He put a Lexus logo on the grille, so that way you can both stay in the family.

James
Old 01-03-04 | 01:55 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by jet864
You guys should get the Scion xB and be like the guy I saw driving around in one a few days ago. He put a Lexus logo on the grille, so that way you can both stay in the family.

James
That wouldn't be staying in the family, that would be disgracing it. Besides, Toyota is still considered family.
Old 01-03-04 | 03:52 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Originally posted by XenonES3

Same here!! So when does the boat leave? I wanna add a GS3 (or Aristo V300 ) to my cars.

Last edited by BLK13X; 01-03-04 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-03-04 | 04:27 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Soarer_25GTT
Same here!! So when does the boat leave? I wanna add a GS3 (or Aristo V300 ) to my cars.
Ha ha, let's all get in the same boat and split the cost of the V300 3 ways...
Old 01-31-04 | 12:32 PM
MugenRD1
Rookie

Lexus cars are great.. I'm already on my 2nd Lexus and 3rd Benz.

Will try to keep one of each in the garage for the time being.
Old 02-03-04 | 05:28 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Unfortunately, Toyota killed the V6 sticks when the model was redesigned for '02.

Really... here in Australia the Camry V6 is available with a 5-spd manual, but only the sports model I think.

Ha ha, let's all get in the same boat and split the cost of the V300 3 ways...

I guess your boat's headed for Australia then lol BTW I saw an actual Aristo V300 for sale in Australia... going for about $62K (or about $47K US)... one of three in the country! I wish I had the extra cash to buy it... oh well next time (few years hopefully )
Old 05-22-04 | 09:09 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

must....get....lexus
Old 05-24-04 | 10:02 AM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

I've had my SC for only 2 months so I'm still enjoying it. I will keep this car for years to come and then when I become financially stable, I'm moving onto the NSX.
Old 05-24-04 | 02:44 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

I am open to any brand (if any) that can match Lexus quality, reliability, and service... I guess I will stick to Lexus for a while.

Quick Reply: Do you think your next car will be a Lexus?