Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Would your next car be a Lexus?
Yes
56.35%
No
25.40%
Not sure
18.25%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think your next car will be a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-04 | 04:02 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I will stick w/ Toyota....... thats what a Lexus is anyways.
Old 05-24-04 | 04:52 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up YES

I like things that don't break .
Old 05-24-04 | 07:47 PM
Trexus

I actually need a truck, so my next vehicle will be the Toyota Tundra extra cab. I like the double cab but I don't think it will fit in my garage. The Toyota Tundra double cab is 10 inches longer than the Chevy Suburban. It would be so cool if Toyota used the Tundra double cab's chasis for the Sequoia. That would blow the Suburban and the Yukon XL out of the water.
Old 05-24-04 | 08:12 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Trexus
I actually need a truck, so my next vehicle will be the Toyota Tundra extra cab. I like the double cab but I don't think it will fit in my garage. The Toyota Tundra double cab is 10 inches longer than the Chevy Suburban. It would be so cool if Toyota used the Tundra double cab's chasis for the Sequoia. That would blow the Suburban and the Yukon XL out of the water.
That is called a bus.

Now if only Toyota started cranking out turbo diesels on their trucks and SUVs.

300hp and 600rwtq sounds good.
Old 05-25-04 | 08:51 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Talking One of my sick puns

Originally posted by lex400sc
I like things that don't break .
Why Lexus over Mercedes?.................

Lexus products don't break. Mercedes products don't brake.

(There have been MANY problems with the electro-hydraulic brake systems on the newer Mercedes )
Old 05-25-04 | 12:33 PM
Milla...

Will be getting an A8L this summer to replace the LS. I've had Lexus autos since 92 I'm due.
Old 07-24-05 | 09:23 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

I'm hoping my next car will hopefully (and i'll try my hardest to get one) be a used IS300 5speed, once I'm through with the SC. But who knows when that will be
Old 07-24-05 | 10:10 AM
e-diddy
Lead Lap

Will not swear on it, but more than likely my next ride will be a Lexus. Probably the third generation GS. Simply put, there reliability is unmatched to me.
Old 07-24-05 | 12:50 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Based on the poor service, lack of dealership choices and a bad ownership experience with an SC 430 and some annoyances on a LS 430 this will be my last Lexus. I tried it--- didn't like it.
Old 07-24-05 | 12:53 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by genearch
My Lexus service across 5 cars has been stellar. Can't see many reasons to test other waters. Most likely my next will be a LS430. I'm in no hurry.

I'd get a CL55 in a heartbeat if they were 75% as reliable as all of my Lexus cars combined.
My CL55 has been much more reliable than the 2 Lexus' that I owned.

Last edited by lkirchner; 07-24-05 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 07-24-05 | 12:58 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Don't be seduced by AMG horsepower ratings. Mercedes is putting so much money and advertising these days into big horsepower and torque ratings that they are seriously neglecting build quality. This is not just me talking......you can check many other sources. The serious quality decline in recent Mercedes products has been documented in many auto-test magazines, consumer magazines, long-term tests, warranty work, arbitration, lemon-laws, etc....
Of course, it's your money.....and AMG's aren't cheap. But in my book, 200-300 reliable horsepower is a lot better than 400, 500, (and even 600 in some cases) unreliable horsepower. And of course, you get no horsepower in the repair shop.
I have 3 55's and have had one minor problem on the S55; a supercharger chirp that has been taken care of. Aside from that they have been bullet proof which is more than I can say with the SC430 (traded) and the LS 430 that my wife drives.
Old 07-24-05 | 03:42 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

part of me wants a used GS with a 2jzgte
Old 07-25-05 | 01:18 AM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

would love to have another lexus but nothing in the future is appealing to me. seriously though lexus should consider making a sister to the sc430. if an sc330 would ever come out then i would be all over it. the new is doesnt appeal to me as sporty but luxurious. im looking into getting either a 330ci, m3, or g35 this coming year.
Old 07-25-05 | 06:15 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Thomas C
I've had my SC for only 2 months so I'm still enjoying it. I will keep this car for years to come and then when I become financially stable, I'm moving onto the NSX.
I enjoyed my GS for 4 long years, and it was the most reliable, troublefree car I've owned. It didn't start ONCE because a battery terminal was loose - and that's the only problem I ever had. I loved that car. But for me personally, I needed something a little sharper to get my blood pumping every day. Although the NSX suits me just fine, my passengers are clearly not as comfortable. I was driving somewhere the other day with a friend of mine, and he was trying to work on his laptop in my NSX. Needless to say, that didn't work out well at all.

In the end though, I don't think I'd ever turn my back on Lexus and Toyota. Their cars are just too well designed and built. If I need a sedan or SUV next, then it'll probably be a Lexus. Sure an AMG or M car would be great fun, but I think a better alternative would be to have the all out sports car for spirited driving and to also have a Lexus when you just want to cruise. You get both ends of the spectrum without having to compromise either.

And judging by the pricing of AMG and M cars these days, you could probably buy both the Lex and NSX (or even an Elise) for the same amount...
Old 07-26-05 | 08:46 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Yes but it wont be a happy occurence when i buy another one.

Actually next car will be either a nissan or lexus, probably for replacement purposes in case a misshap happens to one of them.

Quick Reply: Do you think your next car will be a Lexus?