Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-23 | 08:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have not driven the new Range Rover, but the previous one really delivered a great ride experience. What you need is something with an air suspension…

None of these unibody/transverse vehicles like the MDX, TX, QX60 etc are going to give you that level of driving refinement. A Lincoln Aviator also rides very well.

Last edited by SW17LS; 05-14-23 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-14-23 | 08:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Those interiors are nice, they’re just from another era. Lexus isn’t and shouldn’t be going back to that look.
And they used very high quality materials....IMO, certainly not comparable to the Lexus interiors of today.

There is one possible exception, though...the LC500 convertible interior is visually stunning , even if the materials aren't up to that previous era.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-14-23 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-14-23 | 08:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
And they used very high quality materials....IMO, certainly not comparable to the Lexus interiors of today.
Lexus interiors still use high quality materials in their high end stuff. The LC is incredibly high quality inside, the LS500 still uses very high quality materials too. LX interior is not great but an improvement over the previous car. Their cheaper stuff has a lot of very cheap materials, but that’s been true for a long time and if anything has improved. Materials in the new NX are much better than the old one as well as the new RX…

The QX60 I looked at was the top trim, and I gotta say I was seriously impressed with the interior quality. MDX interior is crappy…my hope is the TX will be closer to the QX60 than the MDX.
Old 05-14-23 | 08:47 PM
bliprdr
Driver School Candidate

I have not driven the new Range Rover, but the previous one really delivered a great ride experience. What you need is something with an air suspension…

None of these unibody vehicles like the MDX, TX, QX60 etc are going to give you that level of driving refinement. A Lincoln Aviator also rides very well.
The Aviator was interesting to me. Particularly in the Reserve trim.

Best suv I ever drove was full size RR a few years back. I only reason I haven’t gotten one is fear of being stranded. Haven’t driven the new L460 RR yet but the LWB 3 row is interesting.

agreed about air suspension. That seems to make the difference. Main reason I always wanted a LS460L and never got to get one.

the RX is just ok. Wife likes it more than I do. I imagine the TX won’t be too different and that’s not a bad thing. She will enjoy it.
Old 05-14-23 | 08:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Let’s put it this way, I would buy a TX for my wife to primarily drive and I will happily drive it on trips and family outings, if I were buying a vehicle for me it would be a RR, X7 or GLS.

Im just not interested in anything transverse/FWD for me. I would even happily drive an Aviator.
Old 05-14-23 | 08:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus interiors still use high quality materials in their high end stuff. The LC is incredibly high quality inside, the LS500 still uses very high quality materials too. LX interior is not great but an improvement over the previous car. Their cheaper stuff has a lot of very cheap materials, but that’s been true for a long time and if anything has improved. Materials in the new NX are much better than the old one as well as the new RX…

The QX60 I looked at was the top trim, and I gotta say I was seriously impressed with the interior quality. MDX interior is crappy…my hope is the TX will be closer to the QX60 than the MDX.

I edited my former post (see)......then LC500 convertible interior is indeed visually stunning, although not with the same quality of materials we saw in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Old 05-14-23 | 08:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I edited my former post (see)......then LC500 convertible interior is indeed stunning, although not with the same quality of materials we saw in the 1990s and early 2000s.
I totally disagree. The LC interior is as high quality as any interior Lexus has ever made. I had examples of their best too.
Old 05-14-23 | 09:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I totally disagree. The LC interior is as high quality as any interior Lexus has ever made. I had examples of their best too.

Well, I included the previous LS460 on my best-Lexus-interior examples. Certainly beats the present one...the LS500.
Old 05-14-23 | 09:23 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Let’s put it this way, I would buy a TX for my wife to primarily drive and I will happily drive it on trips and family outings, if I were buying a vehicle for me it would be a RR, X7 or GLS.

Im just not interested in anything transverse/FWD for me. I would even happily drive an Aviator.
So now you're going to abandon sedans and go to an SUV for your next vehicle?
Old 05-14-23 | 09:24 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

There is one possible exception, though...the LC500 convertible interior is visually stunning , even if the materials aren't up to that previous era.

slab on some wood veneer on the dash, the steering wheel,shift ****,etc., you will say it’s just as good or better than all previous Lexus interiors
Old 05-14-23 | 09:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
slab on some wood veneer on the dash, the steering wheel,shift ****,etc., you will say it’s just as good or better than all previous Lexus interiors
Maybe, maybe not. Don't jump to any conclusions....particularly when trying to predict what others will say. Depends on how it's done, and the quality of the materials used. I don't specialize in knee-jerk reactions.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-15-23 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-15-23 | 07:03 AM
situman
Pole Position

You made my point for me. I for one hope he continues to post, but I see no point in him complaining that he doesn’t like the forum, if he doesn’t like it he shouldn’t post on it. That’s all.

And yes, peoples opinions are not right or wrong, that was my point.
This forum is quiet as is and it is usually the same 15 to 20 people posting. As long as it is civil, I dont care who is posting and if there's beef, take it to PM?
Old 05-15-23 | 07:21 AM
situman
Pole Position

Over the weekend, went to a Toyota dealership to check out the Sienna. $15k over MSRP so I told the guy to keep it. I did get a chance to check out the Sequoia...and holy crap did they screw up that vehicle. On the outside it is a behemoth. On the inside, it is no bigger than a Highlander, in fact I think the Highlander is roomier. The 3rd row is unusable for an avg sized adult like me (5'8") and almost zero leg room. Of course the front row is great, middle row is just ok. It is quite imposing from the behind the wheel with its small front window and high hood line. I'm not sure how Toyota screwed that one up so badly. It is like no one bothered driving the thing and just send it out to the market. Mike Sweers should be fired.

I hope the TX is better packaged and engineered. There's no reason to get the Sequoia if the TX is any good.
Old 05-15-23 | 07:48 AM
1111GS

15K is bad but I've seen worse. Some paid close to 70k for a Sienna and **** proud of the purchase too. Back to the TX... has this been posted? If it looks close to this, it's not too bad?
Old 05-15-23 | 08:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Well, I included the previous LS460 on my best-Lexus-interior examples. Certainly beats the present one...the LS500.
Having owned 2 LS460s, if anything the materials in the LS500 are better. Interior material quality is not an issue I have with the LS500, its very nicely finished inside.

Originally Posted by xjokerz
So now you're going to abandon sedans and go to an SUV for your next vehicle?
I always consider it, I would like an SUV for several reasons but also like sedans for several reasons. I would like the high ride height, the ease of ingress and egress, the ability to go anywhere I want to go when I'm down in WV. I like the ride and feel of a sedan though, and I still think a sedan telegraphs a certain style that SUVs don't.

But, if I were to buy an SUV to replace my sedan I wouldn't buy something transverse/FWD, I would buy something on a real premium platform.

Last edited by SW17LS; 05-15-23 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus TX