Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Neutral Paint-Colors....No, They are not all Negative.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-23, 05:53 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I only sell $65,000,000 worth of homes a year, what do I know lol
I don't doubt you, I just wasn't talking what regular joe wants I was talking about trend setting when I actually cared about home decoration. I haven't had stainless for over ten years now. My current kitchen has both metallic copper and burgundy chocolate walls and as well s burgundy chocolate ceiling to accommodate huge copper light fixture Pretty sure that's a hard seller
Old 07-14-23, 08:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I don't doubt you, I just wasn't talking what regular joe wants I was talking about trend setting when I actually cared about home decoration. I haven't had stainless for over ten years now. My current kitchen has both metallic copper and burgundy chocolate walls and as well s burgundy chocolate ceiling to accommodate huge copper light fixture Pretty sure that's a hard seller
You havent' but most people still want stainless, thats why my recommendation was to buy stainless appliances.

Yep, we would have to spend some money on that kitchen lol
Old 07-15-23, 12:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

You havent' but most people still want stainless, thats why my recommendation was to buy stainless appliances.

Yep, we would have to spend some money on that kitchen lol

So perfectly good (and, presumably, still usable) appliances are tossed out just because somebody doesn't like the color? .......or doesn't think it "trendy" enough? IMO that doesn't make much sense.....at least no more sense than somebody replacing a vehicle for the same reason.

I'm not blaming you......as the agent, you have to sell the house, I understand, but it seems like some people can be overly-picky for some (IMO) trivial reasons.

To be honest, I used to be picky about vehicle-color myself (much more-so than with appliances)...but even with that, I see that the world should not revolve around what color a vehicle is, even though we talk about it in CL threads.
Old 07-15-23, 12:55 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So perfectly good (and, presumably, still usable) appliances are tossed out just because somebody doesn't like the color? .......or doesn't think it "trendy" enough? IMO that doesn't make much sense.....at least no more sense than somebody replacing a vehicle for the same reason.

I'm not blaming you......as the agent, you have to sell the house, I understand, but it seems like some people can be overly-picky for some (IMO) trivial reasons.

To be honest, I used to be picky about vehicle-color myself (much more-so than with appliances)...but even with that, I see that the world should not revolve around what color a vehicle is, even though we talk about it in CL threads.
I’ll be honest if I bought a house and it had white or black appliances I would replace them with stainless ASAP and if it wasn’t a sellers market like it is today I would ask for a credit from the seller for new appliances. Black or white appliance to me look cheap to me and if I see that I wonder what other corners they cut inside the home.

Now if we are talking Wolf/Viking/Bluestar appliances in a variety of colors, that’s a different story as those are really nice and look high end because they are high end even in white/black or other colors like blue. I would absolutely keep those if done right.
Old 07-15-23, 02:33 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

I love silvers, grays, and metallic whites lol!

Mercury metallic
Atomic Silver
Sapphire White
Flint Mica
Ice Silver metallic
Ibis white
Floret Silver
Oolong Grey
Monsoon Grey

All some that I like a lot, pearl blacks are also great if you can deal with living with them. I can't lol!
Old 07-15-23, 08:31 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
I love silvers, grays, and metallic whites lol!

Mercury metallic
Atomic Silver
Sapphire White
Flint Mica
Ice Silver metallic
Ibis white
Floret Silver
Oolong Grey
Monsoon Grey

All some that I like a lot, pearl blacks are also great if you can deal with living with them. I can't lol!
For silver I really only like regular silver cars. I know people love the other silvers like Lexus Atomic silver and the Toyota Quicksilver in the 97/98 MKIV Supras (which were highly sought after) but I for one never liked them.
Old 07-16-23, 02:53 AM
Lead Lap

Received 794 Likes on 539 Posts

I only sell $65,000,000 worth of homes a year, what do I know lol
what’s your median price?
Old 07-16-23, 07:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
I’ll be honest if I bought a house and it had white or black appliances I would replace them with stainless ASAP and if it wasn’t a sellers market like it is today I would ask for a credit from the seller for new appliances. Black or white appliance to me look cheap to me and if I see that I wonder what other corners they cut inside the home.

Now if we are talking Wolf/Viking/Bluestar appliances in a variety of colors, that’s a different story as those are really nice and look high end because they are high end even in white/black or other colors like blue. I would absolutely keep those if done right.
Exactly, and that’s why we replace them when we go to sell a house. It’s about packaging the house to make it as appealing as possible.

When I sold my own townhouse in 2021 I replaced my own black appliances with stainless.

Originally Posted by 703
what’s your median price?
Average is right around $1M but ranges from condos at $250,000 to $3M homes.