Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexuspartsnow AVOID

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-23, 07:12 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I'm not one to ask for special treatment, they have plenty of customers who are regular like me...but when something is scheduled in error like that, and its immediately caught, charging an "early termination fee" is just ridiculous. The other part of it is the time scheduled was in the past! It was scheduled at 1:00 Thursday for 12:45 the same day. How can you make an appointment for 15 minutes in the past? Just so clearly an error. I'm going to dispute the $100 charge with AMEX too.

It just shows your customer that their relationship with you means nothing to them.
Yeah, for my good customers I give special treatment like towing, parts price optimization, and free extras that enhance the experience.

Crazy how they let something like that ruin a good account
Old 07-14-23, 07:19 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

I'm not one to ask for special treatment, they have plenty of customers who are regular like me...but when something is scheduled in error like that, and its immediately caught, charging an "early termination fee" is just ridiculous. The other part of it is the time scheduled was in the past! It was scheduled at 1:00 Thursday for 12:45 the same day. How can you make an appointment for 15 minutes in the past? Just so clearly an error. I'm going to dispute the $100 charge with AMEX too.

It just shows your customer that their relationship with you means nothing to them.
Just like the OP, you aren't asking for special treatment.

You are only asking them to meet or exceed your expectations.

And, you expect them to drop the charge with no drama or questions, who wouldn't.

I always say, you can loose a customer by not meeting expections, no matter if it's by day or just a dollar.

If they can't handle the little things how can someone trust a vendor vendor if a "real" problem arises.

I recommed the OP and others always call and ask to talk to the owner and if a huge company, gonna need the manager and give them a chance- go right over their heads! Lol

Originally Posted by Striker223
Yeah, for my good customers I give special treatment like towing, parts price optimization, and free extras that enhance the experience.

Crazy how they let something like that ruin a good account
That's called exceeding customer expectations.

Not everyone will appreciate but the ones who do will be bread and butter and refer their friends and colleages.
Old 07-14-23, 10:58 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

They came back after that and offered to reduce the fee to $50 and I said no thanks lol, so they lost $35,000 a year worth of business over $50. As someone who has owned multiple businesses I just can't fathom that. Also something that surprised me, nobody in their management or an owner ever called me.

Had it been something that had been scheduled for a period of time I would understand, but it was literally scheduled in error for 2 minutes.
Still determining how big that company is, management likely knew the issue but decided to hide it. It is also possible that they did it intentionally because he/she is not happy with the boss. A bad manager will screw their customer to hurt the company when they are unhappy or planning to leave soon. If the owner finds out, they claim they are upholding the company policy.
Old 07-14-23, 01:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
Still determining how big that company is, management likely knew the issue but decided to hide it. It is also possible that they did it intentionally because he/she is not happy with the boss. A bad manager will screw their customer to hurt the company when they are unhappy or planning to leave soon. If the owner finds out, they claim they are upholding the company policy.
You never know! Not a real big company
Old 07-14-23, 01:21 PM
freudie1
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by richard203
most people used https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/ . i always buy from them free shipping no tax i think whats the price listed for is what u pay.
Appreciate that. Will give them a shot next time I need an OEM part.
Old 07-14-23, 06:47 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by richard203
most people used https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/ . i always buy from them free shipping no tax i think whats the price listed for is what u pay.
I’ve used them a lot. They’re eBay store has good prices too. It was cheaper than my dealership employee prices on a few occasions.
Old 11-22-23, 05:29 PM
AMC4Friend
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WARNING: Buyer Beware: LexusPartsNow.Com

As I write this, I will admit, I am furious. DO NOT ORDER from LexusPartsNow.Com

ORIGINAL ORDER
I ordered Camel Floor Mats for my SC430. I received the floor mats in a plastic wrap, without a box, and clearly saw upon receipt of the product that it was the incorrect color. They sent me Ecru. I did not have to open it. It was covered only with transparent plastic. The plastic covering was also torn during shipment - which became a HUGE issue.

RETURN PROCESS
I called them to advise them of the discrepancy of color, and despite the label on package saying it was Camel, it was clearly Ecru. I even showed the mats to the Lexus Maui car dealership and they confirmed it was Ecru.

From the beginning, I received the run around, and the process went as follows:
1. I was told my return request would have to be reviewed by their RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) department. They would get back to me.
2. I was contacted by email and asked to submit photos of the product received.
3. I not only supplied them with photos of product received but of the images from their website showing the difference between Camel and Ecru.
4. Upon submitting this, I received an email within and hour saying my request was denied: "The packaging was opened. They could not move forward with a return."
5. I called them and advised them that the packaging was not opened but torn from shipment. They had chosen to send it wrapped only in plastic and not a box. I am not responsible.
6. They kept saying: We can't move forward with a return. The package was opened.
7. I asked them if they heard my message. I went as far to say: Are you a real person or AI generated. Their response made no sense. It did not address my commentaries.
8. Additionally, they kept saying: The right product was sent. You ordered this product number. The package says the same product number. Thus it is the correct product.
9. I said: The product was mislabeled. I had it confirmed with a Lexus dealership that it is Ecru not Camel.

This went back and forth and back and forth. I was having a Looney Tune moment. I was incredulous. It was worst than a Seinfeld moment. There was absolutely no customer service. There was absolutely no desire to resolve the issue of the incorrect product being sent with a reasonable solution. They never budged on the fact that the packaging was 'opened' vs being 'torn' and held me accountable for USPS damaging packaging in transit. Insane.

I almost got the impression that if it was not AI driven that the agents enjoyed their party-line response, as I got more frustrated.

NOW I AM IN A DISPUTE WITH CHASE - Hopefully, they will back me up.
I am now in the process of a Dispute with Chase. I have a voice recording of my conversation with the representative who is clearly not responding to what I am saying as a real human being with integrity of business and customer service skills would offer. I have all of my pictures. I have pictures I took of the website description with pictures of the product. I have my receipt which shows Camel was ordered. In the end,

I trust I will have a full charge back. BUT it is the hassle of the process. It is the complete lack of care or concern by the organization. And it is that I am still without the product I desire.

OTHER REVIEWS OF COMPANY
I later read reviews and many people had written about similar challenges. They ordered a product. They received the incorrect product. But the label had the correct product code. Thus, they were not allowed to return the product either. A complete SCAM. I wished I had read the reviews before ordering. Unfortunately, my Lexus dealership in Maui can not get this product. It is not being made, apparently, any more as an OEM.

One upset Island Wahine!!!

PICTURES

CAMEL floor mat from website

ECRU floor mat from website

TORN PACKAGING showing a direct match with Ecru colored floor mat

Label says CAMEL but it is ECRU

Spoiler

Last edited by AMC4Friend; 11-22-23 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-26-23, 08:58 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Its been a long time since I haven't owned a Lexus for 3 years now, but I have ordered many parts from LexusPartsNow and never had any issues. Its just a Lexus dealership...

Did you put your VIN number into the system when you ordered? Thats the OEM Toyota part label, thats how they received the part. It is really odd that they chose to just ship it in that flimsy plastic wrapping...

Hopefully Chase will back you up...
Old 11-27-23, 01:42 PM
timmy0tool
Forum Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

so sorry to hear of your poor experience. all the xxxxpartsnow are part of a bigger company "partsgiant", not a single dealership. i've bought toyota, honda, and even subaru parts from the same type of website and you can see the similarities! now i question if they are even stateside based...

i've also opened disputes with them (so i totally understand the bot-like responses from them) and they usually just refund the money. in my case it was under $50 as they failed in sending the proper quantity i had asked for. what is surprising is that they then opened a dispute to my local carrier (USPS) on my behalf w/o telling me. This gave me an action to do; to have my local USPS office inspect the packaging (which i already tossed)! i eventually ignored it since i got my money back anyway. your case is more complicated because of the nature of the open package, mislabel, and overall circumstance.

i think at this point a refund thru your bank is your best recourse.
Old 11-27-23, 04:31 PM
TriC
Racer

Received 268 Likes on 202 Posts

It seems to me that we need to know what part number is stamped on the mats themselves (assuming there is one).

Regardless of the color (mis)match, if it is the same as the part number on the label, the OP got what was ordered. If not, otherwise.
Old 12-15-23, 12:02 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by AMC4Friend
As I write this, I will admit, I am furious. DO NOT ORDER from LexusPartsNow.Com ...
Wow! I was searching the forum to gather more info for my formal/legal complain and found your post. Someone need to stop this company of it's deceptive practices. I have a full post of my experience and findings on the 7th gen ES sub forum here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...tsnow-com.html

My summary:
  1. On Sep. 11, 2023: Ordered illuminated door sills from LexusPartsNow part no. PT922-33191-10
  2. On Sep. 18, 2023: Received the parts inside a larger box. Door sills box was correctly labeled PT922-33191-10 but was partially open with tape, and inside were the regular sills NOT illuminated (different part no).
  3. From Sep. 18-20, 2023: Was trying communication with them via email, chat, phone. Send evidence with pictures and references to their website.
  4. On Sep. 20, 2023: I was issued with a RMA Authorization with reason for customer return "No longer needs" as they claimed that the correct box was shipped and received as confirmed by the USPS delivery confirmation. The RMA had an additional agreement that (if accepted) will require me to: 1) Pay for return shipping. 2) Accept a 20% restocking fee. 3) Forfeit refund claim of the original shipping costs. Needless to say, I did not accept that.
  5. From Sep. 20-21, 2023: Tried many times to explain to LexusPartsNow that sending a correct box is irrelevant if the item inside that box is not the correct one. That I should not have to pay for their mistake. They did not bulge. Horrible customer service. Like a robot, every response I got was "We send and you received the correct part", "If you no longer need the part please accept the RMA and send back for a partial refund", "We recommend next time order the correct part using the VIN number.".
  6. On Sep. 21, 2023: I opened a claim with Bank of America with a charge back with a complete explanation and multiple photos as evidence. I also opened formal complaints on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) on LexusPartsNow and their Auto Parts Prime, Inc. parent company. Unfortunately, there's nothing the BBB can legally do against this company.
  7. On Sep. 27, 2023: Ordered the same part PT922-33191-10 from belllexusnorthscottsdale.com (100% recommended). Guess what, inside the same PT922-33191-10 there were the correct part "Illuminated Door Sills" so it was not my mistake ordering from LexusPartsNow.
  8. On Dec. 4, 2023: BofA declined my claim based on the same misleading arguments that 1) I ordered the wrong part 2) Their terms and conditions allows them to charge re-stocking fees for "No longer neede" parts. 3) They issued an RMA but I didn't returned. So I called BofA and to re-open the case, they requested a second opinion letter via FAX (in this tech age) from an authorized Lexus parts dealer. Fortunately, Bell Lexus was able to provide the letter and I'm still waiting for the final response of BofA / VISA. I regret so much not using my AMEX for the purchase.
Right now, I'm researching and documenting to initiate a formal legal complaint to the “California Department of Consumer Affairs”, “California Attorney General” and probably the "FTC" for their deceptive practices. Please notice:
  • A quick Google search of "LexusPartsNow Scam" will show multiple complains similar to yours and mine.
  • They deceptive use "ResellerRatings.com" to show their trustworthy, but that company only shows/allows 4-5 stars reviews. All negative reviews are removed and deleted from the profile. This rating site allows paying customers to control negative reviews. You can view the negative reviews of ResellerRatings.com on TrustPilot.com here.
  • They advertise as BBB Accredited, but the BBB, after multiple complaints (mine included) now shows a warning.
Additional Recommendations:
  1. Initiate complaints on the BBB.org site so you can have additional documentation of the compliant.
  2. Leave review on other sites like sitejabber.com, complaintsboard.com, scamadviser.com, etc. to help other be more carfull when shopping this site.
  3. Finally, If possible, please leave a review on ResellerRatings.com and screenshot your profile and a site with the review. Then once deleted (24-48hrs), screenshot again to document their practice. I'll appreciate if you share them with me or in this forum for other to see.
Old 12-15-23, 01:16 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kira X
I’ve used them a lot. They’re eBay store has good prices too. It was cheaper than my dealership employee prices on a few occasions.
Definitely use Bell Lexus (real dealer with excellent customer service) vs LexusPartsNow (not a dealer or parts warehouse). They are misleading and borderline scam. They use a paid site "ResellerRatings.com" which allows removing negative reviews to deceive trustworthiness as 4-5 stars only. They also have the BBB Accredited logo on their site when they are clearly not. Even the BBB site has a warning about their unauthorized logo use. If you order from them, and for some reason the part is not correctly shipped or fit. You'll lose....

You can view recent similar issues here (including mine):If anyone here has been scammed by them and has not shared the story already, please PM your story as I'm making a legal case / claim to the “California Department of Consumer Affairs”, “California Attorney General” and probably the "FTC" due to deceptive practices, commercial fraud, and possible false advertisement.

Last edited by scubapr; 12-15-23 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-15-23, 10:22 PM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Threads have been merged.
Old 12-18-23, 03:18 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just want to confirm if Hondapartsnow.com is the same business. If they are, I will choose to shop elsewhere.
Old 12-18-23, 06:52 PM
scubapr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jwong77
Just want to confirm if Hondapartsnow.com is the same business. If they are, I will choose to shop elsewhere.
It appears so, same website footer and mailing address as LPN (also advertised in footer).
If you must use them make sure you read the terms and conditions before ordering. If possible use an AMEX card for better fraud protection.

Quick Reply: Lexuspartsnow AVOID