Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexuspartsnow AVOID

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 12:39 PM
freudie1
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexuspartsnow AVOID

Wanted to warn members about the "wonderful" service you get from Lexuspartsnow.com.

Ordered 2 strut mounts for my RX350 (2016...).

Order sits for 3 days. Finally get an email saying the price has increased $8.60 and they won't ship until I pay the difference. Interesting. Never had that happen to me when buying from a vendor (I'm a vendor myself for another platform and would NEVER send such an email to a paying customer). I pay the difference. Next day order says shipped.

Finally get the package. They shipped it with a USPS Priority "Small" box. Open the box. One loose piece of bubble wrap and......ONE strut mount. Makes sense considering you couldn't fit 2 of these mounts in that box without some gymnastics.

Packing slip says qty 2.

I call Lexuspartsnow: "Sorry sir, we don't control how the dealerships send parts out, we are just the middle man. Do you want a refund on the part or do you want an RMA?". Me: "I'd like you to get the other strut mount I paid for actually shipped, not RMA'd". Order under way....1-2 days processing I am told.

NOT a good place to spend your money. Wish there was a quality aftermarket strut mount for these cars (there isn't).

Old 07-12-23, 02:49 PM
Quantum501
Advanced

Received 479 Likes on 260 Posts

Customer Service sucks at many of these places.

I used https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/oem-...k-pt9444816020 for my door sills and they were equally as horrible. Had to cancel the credit card payment and then they finally called me and filled the order properly.

I went with the cheapest site. Since then I order most of my parts from a place outside of Boston with good prices and customer service....or I bring their prices to my local place and they will usually match.

btw I paid like $90 two years ago....now $240. I doubt that the customer service got any better
Old 07-12-23, 05:12 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 108 Posts

most people used https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/ . i always buy from them free shipping no tax i think whats the price listed for is what u pay.
Old 07-13-23, 05:18 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Its been a long time but I used LexusPartsNow.com many times and never had any issues
Old 07-13-23, 06:26 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

I've not had an issue with them, sorry to hear you did.
Old 07-13-23, 06:49 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Good customer service is now history, especially for the new-generation workforce. They don't know how to resolve problems and expect you to know more than them. The new graduate we hired in the past two years has a 50-50 chance of resigning or not passing the 90 days of probation. They expect you to give them everything, but you can't ask them for anything.......
Old 07-13-23, 07:15 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,923 Likes on 1,980 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
Good customer service is now history, especially for the new-generation workforce. They don't know how to resolve problems and expect you to know more than them. The new graduate we hired in the past two years has a 50-50 chance of resigning or not passing the 90 days of probation. They expect you to give them everything, but you can't ask them for anything.......
This is off-topic, I know, but I don't think what you are saying is true of everyone in the "new-generation". The interns at my workplace are really great. They are super independent and rarely need help from the more experienced people unless it is something they've literally never heard of before. I think it's important to recognize one thing, which is the type of service being provided.

In this case, you're basically at the mercy of the vendor. They take your money, and then they have to retroactively send you the parts after being paid. They have less motivation to actually speed the process along or provide good service because it doesn't make any difference to what they get paid. Granted, they could try and improve their reputation, but come on, ... how many people actually read reviews or come onto forum sites like this one? Juxtapose this with the guy who installed sod in my yard a few months ago. I didn't pay him a cent until the work was done, and he even asked me if everything looked okay before he asked me if I would pay with cash, card, or Venmo. But, we did agree on a rate before he started.

This is why I like to have a "go-to" guy or business for the various things I need in life - a go-to landscape guy, a go-to site for automotive parts, etc.
Old 07-13-23, 08:01 AM
RandallNYC
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I had good luck with Lexuspartsnow. Only ordered once but it was great.
Old 07-13-23, 10:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by grabber2
Unfortunately this is the case...

I have a photography company I have worked with for years to photograph houses before we list them. Just now one of my staff scheduled something for this afternoon in error when it was supposed to be for tomorrow afternoon. I immediately caught it and called them to tell them about the error, they wanted to charge me a $100 cancellation fee. I told them to please waive that since it was a scheduling error and it had only been scheduled for 5 minutes. They came back and said they wouldn't waive it, so I cancelled my contract with them. We pay them about $3,000 a month. So, I hope they enjoy their $100. Stupid.
Old 07-13-23, 09:00 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS

I have a photography company I have worked with for years to photograph houses before we list them. Just now one of my staff scheduled something for this afternoon in error when it was supposed to be for tomorrow afternoon. I immediately caught it and called them to tell them about the error, they wanted to charge me a $100 cancellation fee. I told them to please waive that since it was a scheduling error and it had only been scheduled for 5 minutes. They came back and said they wouldn't waive it, so I cancelled my contract with them. We pay them about $3,000 a month. So, I hope they enjoy their $100. Stupid.
That's ridiculous. Lost a valuable customer over a relatively small fee.

Good customer service can be hit or miss these days. I'm not sure, obviously, what the dynamic was like in the 70's and so on but I think most folks are more inattentive and care more about themselves and their image rather than helping somebody. That's just what I gather from years working in the industry...
Old 07-13-23, 11:31 PM
Lead Lap

Received 794 Likes on 539 Posts

Ordered a number of parts from there before. Never had an issue. But didn’t need to contact support. Which would be an issue with most online stores anyway.
Old 07-14-23, 03:55 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

That is so sad and not how people like to be treated.

Now they have to earn a new "bread and butter" monthly repeat customer.

It can't be done for the $100 they wanted so bad.

Maybe call the owner and let him know your expectations?

I think you were in the right and totally reasonable. Btw
Old 07-14-23, 05:33 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

They came back after that and offered to reduce the fee to $50 and I said no thanks lol, so they lost $35,000 a year worth of business over $50. As someone who has owned multiple businesses I just can't fathom that. Also something that surprised me, nobody in their management or an owner ever called me.

Had it been something that had been scheduled for a period of time I would understand, but it was literally scheduled in error for 2 minutes.

Old 07-14-23, 06:28 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

They came back after that and offered to reduce the fee to $50 and I said no thanks lol, so they lost $35,000 a year worth of business over $50. As someone who has owned multiple businesses I just can't fathom that. Also something that surprised me, nobody in their management or an owner ever called me.

Had it been something that had been scheduled for a period of time I would understand, but it was literally scheduled in error for 2 minutes.
Thats amazing in a bad way. Wow, you would think if you are that regular then you would be allowed to set whatever time slots you want and they would not mind.
Old 07-14-23, 07:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
Thats amazing in a bad way. Wow, you would think if you are that regular then you would be allowed to set whatever time slots you want and they would not mind.
I'm not one to ask for special treatment, they have plenty of customers who are regular like me...but when something is scheduled in error like that, and its immediately caught, charging an "early termination fee" is just ridiculous. The other part of it is the time scheduled was in the past! It was scheduled at 1:00 Thursday for 12:45 the same day. How can you make an appointment for 15 minutes in the past? Just so clearly an error. I'm going to dispute the $100 charge with AMEX too.

It just shows your customer that their relationship with you means nothing to them.

Quick Reply: Lexuspartsnow AVOID