Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The First Annual - Manaray's SEMA 2003 HALL OF SHAME

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-03 | 03:41 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
However, they are as ugly as homemade soap.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Thats funny as hell kid!
Old 11-06-03 | 07:29 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DGOT20s
I am, and add the spinning rim belt buckle as well please thank you! C'mon Chuck we could hit up some clubs in Philly with our blingbling rims/chains/beltbuckles!! Look out ladies!!!

j/k what type of idiot would walk around with a rim on his neck?? Whats next a Greddy Muffler watch???
Perfect D!!!! You got it, I'll order them tonight and you'd better come and wear it when you go out here in Philly.... It's in style right here.... Sad as it is, everyone kept asking me what kind of rims i'm getting, is it a spinner? I was like DARN IT, it's a Lexus for god's sake..... CALM YOUR @$$ down.... NO, it's not a spinner.... It's WORK RIMS LS.... they are like HUH???? I just said "FURGEDDABOUTIT"!!!

But you know it D... come Philly, get a ride with Jimmy HAHAHAHA and we'll go out rock the town.... Philly is too small for big tough guy like you D!!! But let me and Paul know when you're in town dude...

Last edited by O. L. T.; 11-07-03 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-06-03 | 10:34 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

gstrance - Those are REALLY good for brake ventilation. NO really...

Seize - See why I'm anti-chrome? Look at that "wall of chrome"...you can't even see the damn design of the wheels (of course, that might be a good thing!!)...

Richie - There was DEFINITELY more bling and other crap at the show. There was a LOT of "Bling on a budget"....many of those spinners were HOLLOW spokes (it's like stamped/formed metal)...

It was really very sad....it makes the good stuff hard to find. I wish they would just put all the CRAP into one hall so you can avoid it. All the cheap *** lights, cheap *** wheels, cheap *** products should be shoved into the "Ricer" hall...

There were some HORRIBLE "show" cars too...I mean just pointless stuff...

As far as the firearms industry, there are "ricers" in the gun world too but since guns are such a "taboo" subject now a days, you don't see these "ricers" get so much coverage to influence other potential ricers (which are generally newbies that don't know crap about the hobby)...besides that, I think most true gun owners (not people who just happen to have a gun...there is a difference) aren't into "bling" and prefer functionality...
Old 11-06-03 | 10:42 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default move on to something else

instead of watches and cars, they should go back to pills and coke, do most of us a favor, if your addicted to what i just mentioned sorry, sell your spinners and hit the rehab clinic
Old 11-06-03 | 10:55 PM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

I'm sure though some kid was probably looking at the basketball ones and saying "wooooooooooooooooooow check this out..." They should ban some of that crap from auto shows cuz enthusiasts or people with taste are not gonna want to go if they have all that crap I agree with manaray..... just put all the crap in one place and the quality stuff in another.
Old 11-07-03 | 12:06 AM
audiogil
Rookie

i honestly dont know how to respond to that much ugliness!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-03 | 12:27 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

wow..........................I was not ready for all that...

GSTRANCE, this is one example of you using your powers for evil, not good .
Old 11-07-03 | 12:30 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Aw drizzle drazzle muh nazzle it's da shizzle shazzle razzle dazzle shiz dat i can get wid fo sho'.
Whilst i scrizzle ova to da shizzle i holla at my nizzle to check out dis fizzle. We'z trippin' on da blizzle blazzle of da 26 inch rizzles 'n hadda back up off dat shiz fo' a minute r 2.

I'z tripin so hard i dropped my ice and my zig zagz. fo' sheezy i wuz dreamin' i thunk so i hadda hit of some bu bonik shiz and swag of Kris. I'z like "daum fo' sheezy gotta get's mine" so'z i snatched some foo's pockets and broke left to da rim shop and DAUM..........dez ain't even fo sale yet!

SO'z i jumped back in my 9-deuce on dubbles and slid back to the spot where i jacked the dizplay case and dropped a clip in incase those fools started trippin'.

Yeah.. man thank god it's friday........

Last edited by O. L. T.; 11-07-03 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-07-03 | 12:31 AM
TNH
Pole Position

crap, just pure crap.
Makes me almost want to shoot myself, knowing crap like this exists on God's green earth. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
Old 11-07-03 | 06:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The BEST part of the Basketball Wheel horror was when one of the execs of the company (probably the owner) came up to us and said "What would you like? I can make you anything...basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccerball, football..."

**FOOTBALL** ???????????????

Uh....footballs generally are NOT ROUND...but hey, what do I know!? Steve Ganz and I just looked at each other...it was quite funny....we didn't even know what to say....it was just so....SO WRONG!

OLT - Bro, YOU need to lay off the crack! Hehehhehe... I think you're been staring at little LEDs too long....

TNH - Don't use it against yourself...go and get more ammo and shoot the damn people responsible for such horrors!

Last edited by Manaray; 11-07-03 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-07-03 | 10:11 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

You know what is sad, the entertainment industry is responsible for all of that TRASH. I would like to think that I could confine the blame to rock stars, or rappers, or Bball players, the fact is, it is all of the actors, models, singers, rock bands, etc. They all have to WEAR/DRIVE their financial status at all times, which creates a jaded perception, thus all of these guys not paying their rent or supporting their children so that they can "ball out" in a Escalade on 26's!!

Its a shame because young kids today have no work ethic, yet they watch MTV all day, so they have Navigator aspirations, and Pinto means!!

I truely wish cars would fade out, I am soooo sick of having these faux ballers pull up next to me with the hollow, non concentric, spinning tops, and give me the "I know something you dont know" look. I think the more flashy the trends get, the more mild my tastes get!!!
Old 11-07-03 | 04:35 PM
lawman
Driver

The BEST part of the Basketball Wheel horror was when one of the execs of the company (probably the owner) came up to us and said "What would you like? I can make you anything...basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccerball, football..."
Ahhh, see Manaray... you are not in with the times... Instead of just being able to bounce your ride on hydraulics while your car is at a stand still, now, with the football shape wheels you can bounce your ride all the way down the street without all the hydraulic crap loaded in your ride... plus you can look cool doing it with your one and only football wheels... I wonder if they have the different sizes NCAA (shorter and fat) or NFL (Narrow and long)...

Last edited by lawman; 11-07-03 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-07-03 | 06:09 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

This just made my day...OMG, I didn't laugh so hard in a lonnggg time...Thanks Manny & Co...
Old 11-07-03 | 07:06 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Wow! there's some funny stuff there!! Thanks!
Old 11-08-03 | 11:16 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Manaray

**FOOTBALL** ???????????????

Uh....footballs generally are NOT ROUND...but hey, what do I know!? Steve Ganz and I just looked at each other...it was quite funny....we didn't even know what to say....it was just so....SO WRONG!
Mike, you and Steve did not know what to say back, , was it that bad, LOL?

Quick Reply: The First Annual - Manaray's SEMA 2003 HALL OF SHAME