Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Camry & Crown Signia SUV Debut (UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-23, 02:25 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by sorptd
that is a good insight … but depends how much bigger the crown estate is vs rav/Venza either way a Toyota hybrid station wagon would be a cool addition to the line up

it’s quite insane the number of models and engine choices Toyota is churning out
Very doubtful they will get rid of the Highlander or the name itself. When one thinks of mainstream SUVs, it's always Highlander, Pilot, Explorer and possibly the Korea twins.
Old 11-09-23, 05:30 AM
MPalmer
CL Editor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

One more update to the OP -- Toyota just confirmed that the 2025 Camry is coming next week, to be revealed at the same event as the Crown SUV

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/2...a-camry-debut/
Old 11-13-23, 08:22 AM
LexFinally
Racer

Received 927 Likes on 581 Posts

No question the Crown SUV will render the Crown sedan an eentsy-teensy sales footnote.

As for resembling the old Camry-based Venza, I think that car was ahead of its time. People are more ready for carlike "SUV" station wagons now, and I don't think that will hurt its sales in the slightest. Pricing will determine whether this car sells.
Old 11-14-23, 07:02 PM
MPalmer
CL Editor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

OP UDATED....

Toyota today unveiled the CROWN SIGNIA, which is a premium Crossover SUV that almost seems like a Lexus take on a Subaru -- https://www.clublexus.com/articles/m...-crown-signia/

Toyota also unveiled the 9th Generation 2025 Camry, which is going to be hybrid only (no 4cylinder or V6) -- https://www.clublexus.com/articles/2025-camry-debuts/

What do you think about them?

My quick take: The Crown Signia is interesting I'd personally argue it's better looking than either the Lexus RX or TX and it has more of a wagon vibe. I think it's going to outsell the Crown (lifted sedan) and I was surprised no MAX powertrain.

The Camry update is fine. I was surprised there was no TRD or Turbo model, but perhaps that will come later.
Old 11-14-23, 07:14 PM
rainjacket
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Official Camry video:
Old 11-14-23, 07:17 PM
rainjacket
Rookie

I think the beehive pattern grill looks better than the horizontal line one.. but if I'm reading it correctly the horizontal lines one is actually the higher trim level. (Edit: never mind, the beehive is the XSE and the horizontal lines is the XLE)

Last edited by rainjacket; 11-14-23 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-14-23, 07:34 PM
rainjacket
Rookie

Kirk K. walkaround:
Old 11-14-23, 07:56 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I’m underwhelmed by the Camry but will digest it some more. Still like it better than the Accord.

The Crown Signia makes more sense now that I understand that it’s a replacement for the Venza, which I never warmed up to.
Old 11-14-23, 08:56 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I’m underwhelmed by the Camry but will digest it some more. Still like it better than the Accord.
yes looks like they phoned in that upgrade.

The Crown Signia makes more sense now that I understand that it’s a replacement for the Venza, which I never warmed up to.
i think this is a winner. didn't know it's replacing the venza, but i was wondering how they could coexist.
Old 11-14-23, 09:18 PM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...eration-camry/
Old 11-14-23, 10:41 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

The Signia looks okay, but I don't see why Toyota would drop a name like Venza, which people already identified with. The name Signia is foreign, and seems like uneccessary work to start over. Same can be said for the name Crown. No one knows what that is in the U.S., and there is no common heritage here to the average Joe. I think this is poor marketing across the board and shows Toyota is not fully in touch with our culture. Lastly, didn't Mitsubishi have a Signia model in the 80's? I googled it, but nothing came up. I'm certain there was already a car with a very similar name here in the 80's. Maybe it was a different manufacturer. *Edit: Mitsubishi Sigma.

On to the "new" Camry. It has Corolla and Prius vibes, yet does not make any big splash like the new Prius did. The front looks like a porpoise with a mail slot. Not attractive. Rear is clean and tidy, but very disappointed Toyota saw fit to bring in the much maligned lobster claw taillights. No one liked them on the last gen Accord, and even Honda got the hint after six long years. Interior is an improvement. Also like the fact it's all hybrid. No need for gas engines anymore when there's enough boost from the dual set-up and superior economy numbers. And speaking of that, they better be improved. But I have a feeling they will not be. Latest Prius did not gain there and I'd be surprised if this did here.

Overall, mediocre additions today.

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 11-15-23 at 12:38 AM.
Old 11-14-23, 10:59 PM
Lead Lap

Received 780 Likes on 529 Posts

The Camry is more of a mid-cycle refresh instead of all new. Same side profile as the previous gen. front is aligned to the new Toyota looks - CHR, Prius etc.

Camry in Japan was already offered in Hybrid 4WD for the last gen, so its nothing new.
Old 11-15-23, 06:23 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

So dies the last of the V6 powered midsize sedans.

Old 11-15-23, 08:02 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

really like the new crown signia even if the name is goofy. good info from c&d

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...rid-suv-debut/
Old 11-15-23, 08:06 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The Signia looks okay, but I don't see why Toyota would drop a name like Venza, which people already identified with. The name Signia is foreign, and seems like uneccessary work to start over. Same can be said for the name Crown. No one knows what that is in the U.S., and there is no common heritage here to the average Joe. I think this is poor marketing across the board and shows Toyota is not fully in touch with our culture.
disagree. first venza was a fail, and second did ok, but i think they're building a 'crown' brand and aligns with camry and corolla (all 'c's).
i don't care for the signia name, i think crown cross or something might have been better.

On to the "new" Camry. ... The front looks like a porpoise with a mail slot. Not attractive.
haha, you have a way with words.

Quick Reply: 2025 Camry & Crown Signia SUV Debut (UPDATED)