Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Camry & Crown Signia SUV Debut (UPDATED)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-23, 09:19 AM
MPalmer
CL Editor

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2025 Camry & Crown Signia SUV Debut (UPDATED)

CAMRY UPDATE 11/17/23:

(Yes, that's Kirk Kreifels & David Chow. I see them frequently at Lexus and Toyota press events.)

UPDATE 11/14/23:

Toyota today unveiled the CROWN SIGNIA, which is a premium Crossover SUV that almost seems like a Lexus take on a Subaru -- https://www.clublexus.com/articles/m...-crown-signia/

TOYOTA VIDEO:

Toyota also unveiled the 9th Generation 2025 Camry, which is going to be hybrid only (no 4cylinder or V6) -- https://www.clublexus.com/articles/2025-camry-debuts/

TOYOTA VIDEO:

What do you think about them?

My quick take: The Crown Signia is interesting I'd personally argue it's better looking than either the Lexus RX or TX and it has more of a wagon vibe. I think it's going to outsell the Crown (lifted sedan) and I was surprised no MAX powertrain.

The Camry update is fine. I was surprised there was no TRD or Turbo model, but perhaps that will come later.

UPDATE 2

Toyota today confirmed that the 2025 Camry will debut next Tuesday, November 14 at 10 pm ET.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/2...a-camry-debut/

Sometime next week, I'm going to turn this thread into a Camry/Crown Reveal thread where I'll try to embed either Toyota's live stream of the reveal event... OR if I have enough of a cell signal, I might livestream the reveal and/or do a Q&A from the reveal event.

What motors do you think Toyota will offer on the new Camry?

UPDATED

Toyota confirmed today that a Crown SUV is coming to America and debuting next week on November 14. I'm going to an event that I believe will include said debut (plus the Camry, we believe), so please let me know if you have any questions for Toyota or about the vehicle in general that I can try to answer then. Cheers!

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/t...north-america/

PREVIOUS

Hey, Guys! Toyota has dropped two teaser images in the last week. Last week appeared to be the 2025 Camry. And today's teaser image shows off what appears to be a North American version of the Crown Estate (which could be called the Crown Cross here). We expect them to debut at the LA Auto Show next month.

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/t...a-crown-cross/

Left: 10/24/23 Teaser Image
Right Top: Toyota Crown Estate from the Crown family debut last year
Right Bottom: 10/17/23 Teaser Image

Last edited by MPalmer; 11-17-23 at 03:39 PM. Reason: updated (again)!
Old 10-24-23, 10:00 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Crazy they'd release that teaser on the left with what appears to be a misaligned trunk lid.
Old 10-24-23, 10:32 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

So this new Crown Estate/Cross would slot in as a two row above the Venza, I take it? Wouldn't that overlap with the NX and even the RX? I'm so confused...
Old 10-24-23, 10:38 AM
MPalmer
CL Editor

Originally Posted by JDR76
So this new Crown Estate/Cross would slot in as a two row above the Venza, I take it? Wouldn't that overlap with the NX and even the RX? I'm so confused...
I think it's more between RAV 4 and Highlander, but also for the lifted wagon crowd (Subaru).

Also, since Crown seems to be a Toyota-only product, I'm not sure you could call them a Lexus overlap.
Old 10-24-23, 01:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Crazy they'd release that teaser on the left with what appears to be a misaligned trunk lid.
Good eye! You're totally right
Old 10-24-23, 03:29 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Wasn't the older Crown a GS here in the US? So this could be a Lexus without a Lexus badge?
Old 10-25-23, 07:30 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

yet another crossover... just what we need.
Old 10-25-23, 11:32 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Given how lackluster Toyota interior materials are, I'm sure the Crown Estate won't impede Lexus RX buyers. This is really where the Venza should have landed as a semi premium step above RAV4.
Old 10-25-23, 11:46 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

it's been a long time since Eiji and Shoichiro were running things
Old 10-25-23, 10:23 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

How many SUV's and crossovers can Toyota fit in? They look nice, but it's a bit comical the quantity going now. Yet, curiously, I'm sure they will sell every single one.
Old 10-26-23, 07:09 AM
Carfan94
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it possible that Toyota might discontinue the smaller Highlander and have this two row Crown Estate as their midsize crossover? Anyone that wants three usable rows is going to want the Grand Highlander now.

This Crown is about the same size as a Highlander but only two rows and much better looking. The Venza and RAV4 are considerably smaller and more compact.
Old 10-27-23, 05:28 PM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carfan94
Is it possible that Toyota might discontinue the smaller Highlander and have this two row Crown Estate as their midsize crossover? Anyone that wants three usable rows is going to want the Grand Highlander now.

This Crown is about the same size as a Highlander but only two rows and much better looking. The Venza and RAV4 are considerably smaller and more compact.
that is a good insight … but depends how much bigger the crown estate is vs rav/Venza either way a Toyota hybrid station wagon would be a cool addition to the line up

it’s quite insane the number of models and engine choices Toyota is churning out
Old 11-07-23, 09:57 AM
MPalmer
CL Editor

UPDATED the OP

Toyota confirmed today that a Crown SUV is coming to America and debuting next week on November 14. I'm going to an event that I believe will include said debut, so please let me know if you have any questions for Toyota or about the vehicle in general that I can try to answer then. Cheers!

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/t...north-america/
Old 11-08-23, 10:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

this seems like the previous gen venza.
Old 11-08-23, 10:28 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks for sharing

Left side is not misaligned bc right side is also lower

Quick Reply: 2025 Camry & Crown Signia SUV Debut (UPDATED)