Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024 - part 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-24, 03:34 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,223 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
If I see a car for sale and it has tires in that condition, I don't bother looking at it any further.

Even your lowest tier car lots will put a set of tires on a car before rolling it out for sale.

This screams shady. Lol
Not ideal but these are well over $2k and technically still in date code and tread. They are PS3s I think, I didn't look too closely though as I would need to replace them regardless to the spec tires that were designed to work with the suspension.
Old 04-06-24, 03:37 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 191 Likes on 101 Posts

Do you still have those Ling Long CrossWind tires? Maybe you could put those on!
Old 04-06-24, 06:03 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

I'm surprised the dealer isn't fixing all the issues?
Old 04-06-24, 07:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
Oh I know you jailbroke it, lol. I don't blame you, but me personally I'd just hit the button every time as long as it wasn't dug into a screen.

Dealbreaker, that is really unfortunate. i7 it would be!
Originally Posted by SW17LS
It’s pretty bad on any car haha. I have it coded off on my S Class

One big issue I have with the 760 is there is no way to turn it off. Can’t be turned off with a button or coded off!
I checked out Mercedes today for the first time in a long while. I think their new interiors are a step back in quality, materials and design. I also think their older cars like the C and E class need a serious facelift as they look so old. A few examples are the EQS, there is plastic in places you wouldn’t think you’d find. The centre armrest is a perfect example once you open it. The doors of the EQS feel cheap and hollow. And the push out exterior door handles are really cheap feeling as you open it. They kinda suck.

what I did like was the hyperscreen, I think the design is so amazing when sitting in the car. The infotainment screen is rich in brilliant resolution. The dealer was spectacular.

I really think the GLS is the best interior they have. And G class.

what really was a let down was the new C class interior. The design I think is not great. The materials are a let down too. You can see the bezels on the centre screen. And I don’t think the screen works with the way it’s pointed at the driver.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-06-24 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-06-24, 07:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
I checked out Mercedes today for the first time in a long while. I think their new interiors are a step back in quality, materials and design. I also think their older cars like the C and E class need a serious facelift as they look so old. A few examples are the EQS, there is plastic in places you wouldn’t think you’d find. The centre armrest is a perfect example once you open it. The doors of the EQS feel cheap and hollow. And the push out exterior door handles are really cheap feeling as you open it. They kinda suck.
C Class and E Class are both brand new! New for 2024.

You are totally right about the hard plastic though, doesn't belong there and in the BMWs its not there.

I really think the GLS
GLS is good, issue is hard plastics on the lower doors.

what really was a let down was the new C class interior. The design I think is not great. The materials are a let down too. You can see the bezels on the centre screen. And I don’t think the screen works with the way it’s pointed at the driver.
Thats a really low package C Class to be fair, higher optioned they are better with stitching, metal speaker grilles etc. I had one as a loaner and was happy with it for what it is.
Old 04-06-24, 07:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

C Class and E Class are both brand new! New for 2024.

You are totally right about the hard plastic though, doesn't belong there and in the BMWs its not there.

GLS is good, issue is hard plastics on the lower doors.

Thats a really low package C Class to be fair, higher optioned they are better with stitching, metal speaker grilles etc. I had one as a loaner and was happy with it for what it is.
It was the E coupe I was speaking of. I think the interior design is still good. But the exterior feels dated. As for the C class, it feels like a refresh if you are sayings it’s all new
Old 04-06-24, 07:39 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It was the E coupe I was speaking of. I think the interior design is still good. But the exterior feels dated. As for the C class, it feels like a refresh if you are sayings it’s all new
Oh yeah the E Coupe is the old design, its also being replaced with an all new car here very shortly. C Class was all new for 2022. The car looks and feels totally different than the previous car, the C Class coupe I have is the old generation and is also being replaced by the CLE that is replacing the E Class coupe

Old 04-07-24, 07:02 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

claims that the new GX has lost some of the magic. I think he is wrong.

Would anyone want to preemptively change out the timing chains? There are four timing chains

Oh yeah the E Coupe is the old design, its also being replaced with an all new car here very shortly. C Class was all new for 2022. The car looks and feels totally different than the previous car, the C Class coupe I have is the old generation and is also being replaced by the CLE that is replacing the E Class coupe
I had no idea that it was all new.

‘the front of the new one doesn’t look modern. Looks old to me. @SW17LS @AJT123

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-07-24 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-07-24, 07:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I watched that video too. He's a Lexus purist, I can see how he thinks it lost some of its magic, but its "magic" was being an ancient platform but very expensive vehicle with no distinct mission statement lacking features and comfort yet also lacking capability. I think this new GX is a vehicle with a much clearer purpose.

Basically Amd is one of those people that says all new cars suck...if he were a member here lol
Old 04-07-24, 07:12 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

‘the front of the new one doesn’t look modern. Looks old to me. @SW17LS @AJT123
The new Mercedes all kind of look older because they aren't as dramatic or edgy as the new designs from competitors. You either like that, or you don't. That C Class comparison is very similar to the comparison of the W222 and W223 S Class

I like that but I also have warmed to more dramatic modern designs from BMW, etc.
Old 04-07-24, 07:13 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I watched that video too. He's a Lexus purist, I can see how he thinks it lost some of its magic, but its "magic" was being an ancient platform but very expensive vehicle with no distinct mission statement lacking features and comfort yet also lacking capability. I think this new GX is a vehicle with a much clearer purpose.

Basically Amd is one of those people that says all new cars suck...if he were a member here lol
the mission statement of the previous Gen was always defined. All purpose suv. The same is for this one.
Old 04-07-24, 07:17 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The new Mercedes all kind of look older because they aren't as dramatic or edgy as the new designs from competitors. You either like that, or you don't. That C Class comparison is very similar to the comparison of the W222 and W223 S Class

I like that but I also have warmed to more dramatic modern designs from BMW, etc.
this is a weak thing for Mercedes. They used to be better. The new Generation of the S class looks great and the update looks modern. The C looks doesn’t look like it was updated

Some look ok. But some new BMWs look terrible.

‘this ^^ is pretty bad

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 04-07-24 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-07-24, 07:22 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

the mission statement of the previous Gen was always defined. All purpose suv. The same is for this one.
I don't think its as well defined as this vehicle.

this is a weak thing for Mercedes. They used to be better. The new Generation of the S class looks great and the update looks modern. The C looks doesn’t look like it was updated
Mercedes has always been very careful about their redesigns, this new C is no less different from the previous C than the W223 is from the W222. You could believe it was a refresh too.

This has worked very well for them over time...

Its why my car still looks so modern, and the new 7 which I love won't look modern when a new gen 7 comes out.
Old 04-07-24, 07:25 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think its as well defined as this vehicle.

Mercedes has always been very careful about their redesigns, this new C is no less different from the previous C than the W223 is from the W222. You could believe it was a refresh too.

This has worked very well for them over time...

Its why my car still looks so modern, and the new 7 which I love won't look modern when a new gen 7 comes out.
The s class looks like a substantial update. There is no mistaking that it is not a refresh over your generation
Old 04-07-24, 07:31 AM
LH1
Instructor

Received 191 Likes on 101 Posts

That XM is a disaster.

Someone posted a black one with that horrible gold trim in a thread here a while ago. That weird shade of green makes it even worse.

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation 2024 - part 1