Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-24, 07:36 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
yup. V8 ‘s are essential.
before it was v12's are essential. now it's v8's. soon it will be v6's. shrinkage
Old 05-11-24, 09:06 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
before it was v12's are essential. now it's v8's. soon it will be v6's. shrinkage
I think twelve cylinders are important, but not essential as mainstream brands don’t need them. It is essential that the Tundra offers a V8.

Lexus should have had a twelve cylinder

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-11-24 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-11-24, 05:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Pretty sure I'm going to order an S580 next week. Going to do the nautical blue, and the macchiato interior in my GLE loaner has me thinking I may want to go with a light interior this time, what do you all think?

Old 05-11-24, 06:43 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Pretty sure I'm going to order an S580 next week. Going to do the nautical blue, and the macchiato interior in my GLE loaner has me thinking I may want to go with a light interior this time, what do you all think?

you know…you are never right about anything (just kidding) LOL. (Don’t shoot me). But this colour combo you are right about it I love that colour combo. Can you get some blue trim on the dash?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-11-24 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-11-24, 07:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Pretty sure I'm going to order an S580 next week.
Well, you and I may argue and disagree on a lot of things, but congratulations on your second S-Class. Hope the lease terms are as good or better than the last one was.

Did you order it from the same place......Euro Motorcars?

Going to do the nautical blue,
Nice color. I think the dark blue, dark green, and dark red are all equally nice......I'd probably have a tough time choosing between the three.

and the macchiato interior in my GLE loaner has me thinking I may want to go with a light interior this time, what do you all think?
Yep.....go with it. I'd choose two-tone over monotone black any day of the week. My Encore GX is like that.....black and very light ivory (almost white), although Buick calls it beige.
Old 05-11-24, 08:03 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Looks KILLER, especially that first pic showing the front.

Whew.
Old 05-11-24, 08:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

love the color combo. not a big fan of the interior design, especially the steering wheel and the lack of cohesion between the gauges 'tombstone' screen and the 'ski slope' infotainment screen.
Old 05-11-24, 08:31 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

My 5 Series has Ivory White interior and our previous X3 had Canberra Beige (tan) before that it was mainly black. Maintenance not a problem with either color. I use a leather cleaner conditioner every now and then and that's about it. Our new X3 has black with blue contrasting stitching and it's nice and looks good but both my wife and have come enjoy the lighter colors. I haven't had any dye transfer on either color either. Not sure why but no extra maintenance needed.
Old 05-12-24, 05:14 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

you know…you are never right about anything (just kidding) LOL. (Don’t shoot me). But this colour combo you are right about it I love that colour combo. Can you get some blue trim on the dash?
Can get the blue ambient light! LOL

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, you and I may argue and disagree on a lot of things, but congratulations on your second S-Class. Hope the lease terms are as good or better than the last one was.

Did you order it from the same place......Euro Motorcars?
Thanks! No, Euro Motorcars offers were pretty terrible. This is through a broker.

Yep.....go with it. I'd choose two-tone over monotone black any day of the week. My Encore GX is like that.....black and very light ivory (almost white), although Buick calls it beige.
I love black interiors, they're simple and elegant...I have had cream like this before a couple times.

Originally Posted by AJT123
Looks KILLER, especially that first pic showing the front.

Whew.
Thanks!

love the color combo. not a big fan of the interior design, especially the steering wheel and the lack of cohesion between the gauges 'tombstone' screen and the 'ski slope' infotainment screen.
I don't love it either, but it is what it is...its still the best overall car for me. There just isn't any one car that I like everything about this time like I do my S560 and I did my LS460s.

In person its less of an issue because when you are sitting in the car the gauge screen doesn't sit above the dash, it still is within the dash if that makes sense. I also won't get the HUD, so it wont have that big hole back there. It will look like this, without the flowing lines trim:

Originally Posted by LexBob2
My 5 Series has Ivory White interior and our previous X3 had Canberra Beige (tan) before that it was mainly black. Maintenance not a problem with either color. I use a leather cleaner conditioner every now and then and that's about it. Our new X3 has black with blue contrasting stitching and it's nice and looks good but both my wife and have come enjoy the lighter colors. I haven't had any dye transfer on either color either. Not sure why but no extra maintenance needed.
Yeah I keep my car so clean I'm not worried about the interior. My wife wears a lot of dark jeans, so dye transfer is an issue with her, we get it even on the saddle leather in the Pacifica. But I coat the seats and it just wipes off.

I still go back and forth with black. Black does make the screens and all look more integrated:

Old 05-12-24, 05:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

I love black interiors, they're simple and elegant...I have had cream like this before a couple times.
i'm with ya there. my lc is black interior (or very dark gray i guess) and my ioniq 5 is dark gray. the 'ivory' (not bright white) i had in the g90 looked awesome too though, and actually wasn't hard to keep clean - the blue marks from my jeans came right off easily.

I don't love it either, but it is what it is...its still the best overall car for me. There just isn't any one car that I like everything about this time like I do my S560 and I did my LS460s.
so what happened with i7 / 760? glad you're leaning to s-class by the way.

In person its less of an issue because when you are sitting in the car the gauge screen doesn't sit above the dash, it still is within the dash if that makes sense. I also won't get the HUD, so it wont have that big hole back there. It will look like this, without the flowing lines trim:

I still go back and forth with black. Black does make the screens and all look more integrated:

see what you mean. dark colors always 'soften' design but both are great. why no hud for you?
Old 05-12-24, 05:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

oh and who says mercedes doesn't do great utility vehicles.

Old 05-12-24, 06:07 AM
TheRas900
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

The macchiato is killer - I'd definitely go that route. Good luck on the order!!

Benz has some great exterior and interior colors.
Old 05-12-24, 07:38 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

so what happened with i7 / 760? glad you're leaning to s-class by the way.
Still really like that car, but the Mercedes just draws me in more.

No HUD simply because I don’t want that huge gaping hole in the dash lol.

My dealer has a CPO one in the blue with ivory on the showroom floor. I will go spend some time with it when I pick mine up and make my final decision.
Old 05-12-24, 06:22 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

My friend got their new Mustang today. 2024. Ford employee pricing. 5.0 V8 and 6 speed manual. Upgrade package with Brembo brakes and a Torsen differential. A very nice car
Old 05-12-24, 09:19 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

My friend got their new Mustang today. 2024. Ford employee pricing. 5.0 V8 and 6 speed manual. Upgrade package with Brembo brakes and a Torsen differential. A very nice car
that's the proper way to mustang! the torsen diff especially, although that makes it easier to hit the crowd should things get sideways lol

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation 2024