Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-24, 12:26 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

My BMW has the weatherproof floor mats. I appreciate them for sure. Getting dirt and mud out of carpet is a pain.

Funny enough my truck has just the carpet floor mats, and i get it in the mud a lot more than the BMW. Just never got around to buying the rubber/vinyl ones.
Old 06-29-24, 12:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Sitting here as we speak!
Always so exciting picking up a new car. Can’t wait to hear your initial impressions.

This is full new? Even if driven around F1 drivers?
Old 06-29-24, 01:05 PM
Carfan94
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Looks great congrats! The Selenite is a nice rich color.
A very rich color indeed! Congrats!
Old 06-29-24, 01:49 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
Congrats on the new car!

Normally I would say yeah mats are cheap but I'm my case they are hard to find at all and we're about $500. Hence why I think I should get a drivers all weather mat so I don't risk it
Yeah the carbon fiber GTR floor mats are over $600. Even my old LS premium mats were around $300 I think. For most regular OEM ones they are likely from $100-$150 so pretty cheap.
Old 06-29-24, 03:02 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,190 Likes on 885 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
All-weather mats need to be "utilitarian" to stand up to water, snow, dirt, sand etc. and still look good after getting hosed off. These look fine to me.
They are in an LC500......they make zero sense to have in one of those. Im also fairly certain Bit barely drives it so it makes even less sense IMO
Old 06-29-24, 03:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
Always so exciting picking up a new car. Can’t wait to hear your initial impressions.

This is full new? Even if driven around F1 drivers?
Full new! 564 miles on it. It was the F1 race in Miami in May not Vegas, that makes more sense. This was in the glove box, pretty cool!

Home and in the garage! Have a lot of setting up to do!

So far its incredible. You wouldn't think the ride and drive could be better than my 2020 but it is, and quieter. I measured 57 dB on the stretch of 270 I always test on, the S560 was 59 as was the LS460L. It is shockingly silent. Ride is great...will post a thread...

Process at the dealer was great, quick...
Old 06-29-24, 03:19 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Full new! 564 miles on it. It was the F1 race in Miami in May not Vegas, that makes more sense. This was in the glove box, pretty cool!

So far its incredible. You wouldn't think the ride and drive could be better than my 2020 but it is, and quieter. I measured 57 dB on the stretch of 270 I always test on, the S560 was 59 as was the LS460L. It is shockingly silent. Ride is great...will post a thread...

look fantastic
Old 06-29-24, 03:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Congratulations.

You often like to swap the OEM tires when you get a new vehicle. If the ride is that quiet as it is, I wouldn't mess with what the factory used....just enjoy the silence.

My experience with a number of new vehicles (and tires) is that they tend to be most quiet when brand-new, and slowly tend to develop more road noise (but not necessarily wind or engine noise) as the miles build up, even with proper wheel alignment.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-29-24 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-29-24, 04:07 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

Congrats, looks great and great color. Also kind of cool to find that in the car, I was wondering if anything from the race would be in there and looks like there was.
Old 06-29-24, 04:14 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts

Again, fantastic. Can't wait to read all about it over the years...

Ditch that front plate though ASAP. You don't need to be reminded 3 times it's a MB from the front lol.... (hood ornament, little decorative thing, then that plate).

Do you have to have plate plates there?
Old 06-29-24, 04:54 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Congrats friend.

Looks really good.
And, I think I like those refreshed headlights better.

Does this have the V6 turbo?
Old 06-29-24, 05:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
My BMW has the weatherproof floor mats. I appreciate them for sure. Getting dirt and mud out of carpet is a pain.
exactly.

Originally Posted by Striker223
They are in an LC500......they make zero sense to have in one of those. Im also fairly certain Bit barely drives it so it makes even less sense IMO
what 'makes sense' about floor mats isn't an absolute, lol. you like carpet. i don't. and i drive it once or twice a week typically. today i had to get some gasoline (for chainsaw) and diesel (for burn pile) and had to take the ev because those containers don't fit the lc otherwise i would have taken it

Originally Posted by Margate330
Does this have the V6 turbo?
ttv8 baby...
Old 06-29-24, 05:59 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,190 Likes on 885 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
exactly.

what 'makes sense' about floor mats isn't an absolute, lol. you like carpet. i don't. and i drive it once or twice a week typically. today i had to get some gasoline (for chainsaw) and diesel (for burn pile) and had to take the ev because those containers don't fit the lc otherwise i would have taken it

ttv8 baby...
I actually started as an advocate of all weathers but then realized later that hand stitched leather bordered mats with foam undersides and fine carpet are just nicer.

My opinion flipped when I first started to be around RR and Bentley products with the wool mats and it finally clicked that rubber mats are a work truck tier item.

So I have real mats in the flagships and work mats in the trucks/suvs since that makes more sense and "fits"
Old 06-29-24, 06:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Thanks guys! Gave it a wash, clay, and hit it with some Gyeon Wet Coat real quick so it will be protected before I coat it. Its so hot out I about died lol

Originally Posted by patgilm
Congrats, looks great and great color. Also kind of cool to find that in the car, I was wondering if anything from the race would be in there and looks like there was.
Thanks!

There was also a tissue in the back seat and the salesman was wondering if it was his tissue and if it was worth money LOL. He has Lewis Hamilton on his desktop in his office so it was very cool he got to sell the car.

Originally Posted by AJT123
Again, fantastic. Can't wait to read all about it over the years...

Ditch that front plate though ASAP. You don't need to be reminded 3 times it's a MB from the front lol.... (hood ornament, little decorative thing, then that plate).

Do you have to have plate plates there?
We're supposed to run front plates here but I usually don't. I'm going to see how bad the holes in the bumper are, if they aren't bad and can be covered up with bumper plugs I will ditch the plate, if not I will just mount the front plate.

Spent some time getting the car set up, its got so much cool technology.

Ordered a bunch of stuff for it...need to order luxe mats...
Old 06-29-24, 06:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Its so hot out I about died lol
could have been worse... i had a giant branch of a tree fall and almost hit my barn so i was out there beginning the clean up (trimming off the smaller foliage/branches first).

There was also a tissue in the back seat and the salesman was wondering if it was his tissue and if it was worth money LOL.
ha... imagining the ebay listing...
"genuine lewis hamilton boogers and snot!"

Ordered a bunch of stuff for it...need to order luxe mats...
it didn't come with super nice mats?

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation 2024