Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024 - part 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-24, 05:28 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Your daughter has good taste lol. Alpina Green is a unique color and really works on the Alpinas.
She does lol. So I have a C300 coupe loaner. We went out to dinner and the kids wanted to take that, and they spent the whole ride complaining about how small it was and how uncofortable the seats were "its really cute daddy, but its a terrible car!". I think I've spoiled them LOL. I'm like guys, this is a $60,000 Mercedes coupe and you act like you're on the threshold of hell!

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
you have to be patient.
I really don't lol. I have owned a lot of cars from various manufacturers, nobody is as slow to service as car as Mercedes. I have never had another manufacturer's dealership take a week to do any sort of repair to a car, other than the time that Lexus had to take the whole dash out of my 2015 LS460 that time.

Lexus, Chrysler. Kia, Cadillac, Ford, Toyota...all of them would have had the diagnostic done today and the only reason it would have stayed the weekend was if they needed a part. They haven't even diagnosed the car...

I really don't want to drive around in this little loaner for a week when it should be back to me in a day or so
Old 04-05-24, 05:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
She does lol. So I have a C300 coupe loaner. We went out to dinner and the kids wanted to take that, and they spent the whole ride complaining about how small it was and how uncofortable the seats were "its really cute daddy, but its a terrible car!". I think I've spoiled them LOL. I'm like guys, this is a $60,000 Mercedes coupe and you act like you're on the threshold of hell!
I agree that some kids get spoiled, but it is also true that one cannot compare the comfort of a C-Class coupe to an S-Class sedan.

Coupes also tend to have less room in the rear seats than sedans, although I'm guessing that your kids aren't adult-size yet. Didn't you say they are around 9 or 10?

I really don't want to drive around in this little loaner for a week when it should be back to me in a day or so
I didn't have time to scroll through all the earlier posts, but, from the ones I saw, is your S-class in the shop for a battery/alternator problem? If so, a battery is probably not a big deal..the parts department should have one in stock. But if it's an alternator, ordering the part could take some time.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-05-24 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-05-24, 05:49 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

They tested his battery and it was fine. He's likely got an alternator or relay problem.
Old 04-05-24, 05:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I agree that some kids get spoiled, but it is also true that one cannot compare the comfort of a C-Class coupe to an S-Class sedan.

Coupes also tend to have less room in the rear seats than sedans, although I'm guessing that your kids aren't adult-size yet. Didn't you say they are around 9 or 10?
They're 9 lol

I didn't have time to scroll through all the earlier posts, but, from the ones I saw, is your S-class in the shop for a battery/alternator problem? If so, a battery is probably not a big deal..the parts department should have one in stock. But if it's an alternator, ordering the part could take some time.
Its not the battery, they replaced the battery a few months ago and they load tested it when I went by yesterday. Point is they should have had it diagnosed by the end of the day today, it started the day off sitting in a bay. I have the app so I can see what they're doing. They haven't touched it since 11 this morning.

This is a common theme with MB, I actually had it sit there for over a week when I had an appointment booked a month in advance and went and took it back and they had never even looked at it.
Old 04-05-24, 06:05 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

They're 9 lol

Its not the battery, they replaced the battery a few months ago and they load tested it when I went by yesterday. Point is they should have had it diagnosed by the end of the day today, it started the day off sitting in a bay. I have the app so I can see what they're doing. They haven't touched it since 11 this morning.
what did that cost you? $1000
Old 04-05-24, 06:09 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,007 Likes on 802 Posts

She does lol. So I have a C300 coupe loaner. We went out to dinner and the kids wanted to take that, and they spent the whole ride complaining about how small it was and how uncofortable the seats were "its really cute daddy, but its a terrible car!"...
I really don't lol. I have owned a lot of cars from various manufacturers, nobody is as slow to service as car as Mercedes...
I'm glad you stuck in it for the weekend.

Only because I'm hoping for a good car rant! 😭 😀
Old 04-05-24, 06:28 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It was under warranty. I was getting a 12v battery low warning on my app, I've gotten that off and on the whole time I have had the car, and I took it in to have them look at it. After 3 days (because thats how they roll) they tested the battery and it was bad.

I suppose if the battery has been bad the whole 3 years it could have damaged the alternator.

Originally Posted by Margate330
I'm glad you stuck in it for the weekend.

Only because I'm hoping for a good car rant! 😭 😀
Haha, I'm on it!
Old 04-05-24, 06:40 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 242 Likes on 183 Posts

They're 9 lol
you say this now, yet you say they're the reason you're insistent on the LWB range rover lol

for what it's worth though they're not wrong about the C300 coupe, before the GLE my parents had a C300 coupe lease since my mom wanted a break from SUVs (exclusively leased MDXs prior to that) and wanted something "cute"

pretty much everyone followed the same path when first being driven in the car... start off with being impressed by the styling and exterior proportions, then slowly becoming more frustrated with the lack of space and how basically every feature that's standard on a corolla is still an option on a $55k+ benz

it took about a week of my mom riding in the backseat before regretting going with the 2 door lol... it was a fun little car though, with a tune i can see it really being fun but even in stock form the 2.0T was certainly "zippy" from about 2000 - 4000 rpm
Old 04-05-24, 06:56 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

It was under warranty. I was getting a 12v battery low warning on my app, I've gotten that off and on the whole time I have had the car, and I took it in to have them look at it. After 3 days (because thats how they roll) they tested the battery and it was bad. it!
Hopefully the parts are in stock. They should have at least diagnosed it today.
Old 04-05-24, 07:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

thought of you when watching the pat mcgann comedy special on prime. i think you'd like it.

nobody is as slow to service as car as Mercedes.
but is that just your local dealer or do you have experience with others too or have heard others talking/ranting about this level of service?
Old 04-05-24, 07:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

he's only said a dozen times the car is under warranty and of course it would be since it's a lease. but keep on with the shots at anything non-toyota/lexus.

Old 04-05-24, 08:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stroock639
you say this now, yet you say they're the reason you're insistent on the LWB range rover lol

for what it's worth though they're not wrong about the C300 coupe, before the GLE my parents had a C300 coupe lease since my mom wanted a break from SUVs (exclusively leased MDXs prior to that) and wanted something "cute"

pretty much everyone followed the same path when first being driven in the car... start off with being impressed by the styling and exterior proportions, then slowly becoming more frustrated with the lack of space and how basically every feature that's standard on a corolla is still an option on a $55k+ benz

it took about a week of my mom riding in the backseat before regretting going with the 2 door lol... it was a fun little car though, with a tune i can see it really being fun but even in stock form the 2.0T was certainly "zippy" from about 2000 - 4000 rpm
Yeah its not impressive at all. Tight, firm, quality is good with no creaks or rattles even when you push on stuff, but hard riding and surprisingly loud, I measures 67 dB at 75 MPH, my Pacifica measures 63 and S560 59. The new chassis C Class is much better.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
thought of you when watching the pat mcgann comedy special on prime. i think you'd like it.
I will check it out lol

but is that just your local dealer or do you have experience with others too or have heard others talking/ranting about this level of service?
I've tried two locally and they were the same, its commonly discussed on MB World so I think its a common complaint.
Old 04-05-24, 08:57 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah its not impressive at all. Tight, firm, quality is good with no creaks or rattles even when you push on stuff, but hard riding and surprisingly loud, I measures 67 dB at 75 MPH, my Pacifica measures 63 and S560 59. The new chassis C Class is much better.

I will check it out lol

I've tried two locally and they were the same, its commonly discussed on MB World so I think its a common complaint.
what loaner did you get?
Old 04-05-24, 09:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

what loaner did you get?
Its a C300 coupe
Old 04-05-24, 09:15 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic