Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

florida close to banning cruising in left lane...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-24, 12:19 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,225 Likes on 910 Posts

It's cute when slow cars and drivers try and do that, just pisses everyone off and can't do anything against actually fast cars in the first place.
Old 02-21-24, 12:28 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Really pisses me off when they don't respond to any sort of attempt to make them aware they're in the wrong lane. High beams, horn, it's like they're completely shut off to the world.

When an opening finally comes to pass them on the right, you look over to see if they look as stupid as they are, and they inevitably look like they're completely oblivious.

Old 02-21-24, 12:29 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 02-21-24, 12:44 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
There is an element of that for sure
Agreed. The other interesting phenomenon is it happens frequently that, when I pass a slow left lane bandit, the bandit speeds up and drives in my blind spot for a while. That is not particularly safe either and I really don't know why they do it.
Old 02-21-24, 12:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,459 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
just got back from a week-long vacation in FL and noticed how folks out there drive very differently than in CA. it's very obvious us californians are very poor (i.e. selfish) at driving, so i'm now more aware of my actions to not contribute to the stigma that CA drivers are terrible.

to the topic at hand, i've always been aware the left is for passing only. that's how it is in europe as stated already.
it seems everyone thinks "their" state has the worst drivers, ha. i think it tends to even out but obviously densely populate placed will have higher numbers of 'challenged' drivers.
florida has so many visitors who often have no idea where they're going or the rules of the road (especially around the theme parks in orlando), so that can make things exciting.
then of course it's no secret were have millions of retirees, but at least they typically drive slow.
Old 02-21-24, 02:44 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
Really pisses me off when they don't respond to any sort of attempt to make them aware they're in the wrong lane. High beams, horn, it's like they're completely shut off to the world.

When an opening finally comes to pass them on the right, you look over to see if they look as stupid as they are, and they inevitably look like they're completely oblivious.
That obliviousness is part of it, its all over our society today. I have told the story before, but I was walking into a store one time and I held the door open for a woman and let her go in before me, and she just walked in and didn't even acknowledge I was there, like some invisible force just opened the door for her. So, being me, I said "you're welcome". Well, she was MORTIFIED, and apologized profusely and said she was just lost in her own head. She didn't intend to be rude, she just legitimately was oblivious and didn't even realize I was there or what I had done.

Like you said, you pass those people on the right and look at them and they don't even realize you are there. I watch literally 10 people pass someone on the right and immediately get back in the left lane and the person doesn't even realize.