Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Buick Enclave Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-24, 10:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts
Smile 2025 Buick Enclave Spy Shots

Well, here's Buick's new American-market flagship, totally redesigned for 2025, with the now-becoming-ubiquitous Wildcat-inspired shark-nose front end. There have been recent spy-shots with the camouflage, but this is the first published shot I've seen without a disguise. It's odd, though (???), that there are no Buick logos on the front or rear ends....the article, from GMAuthority, doesn't even mention that.

There are no shots of the interior yet, but it's a safe bet that you will see the new wide screen on the dash that is in the latest Encore GX and Envista.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/02...see-it-photos/

Here’s The 2025 Buick Enclave Before You’re Supposed To See It: Photos

BY GM AUTHORITY STAFF
  • — FEB 26, 2024

GM Authority has obtained photos of the all-new 2025 Buick Enclave in the flesh with no camouflage. It unsurprisingly wears the new corporate face of Buick that we’ve seen permeate throughout the brand’s smaller crossovers like the Envision, Encore GX, and Envista. The flagship Enclave is the last Buick model to adopt the new design language.

The body of the new Enclave is decidedly boxier than the soft, flowing curves of the outgoing model. It gives the Buick Enclave a closer family resemblance to the Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, and smaller Cadillac XT6. Another interesting touch is the spoiler integrated into the middle of the liftgate, which should help with aerodynamics and make minor improvements to efficiency and cabin noise.

Previous reports elsewhere on the web, based on camouflaged photos of the 2025 Buick Enclave, claimed that it would shrink to the size of the Cadillac XT6. However, these new photos confirm that it will remain on the long-wheelbase version of the C1 platform, which will continue to make it one of the roomiest crossovers in its class.

The relatively small wheels on this test mule tell us that this is most likely the Preferred trim. As per the Y trim level strategy that’s been making its way through Buick and GM at large, Preferred will be the base trim, while the sport-styled Sport Touring (ST) and luxurious Avenir trims will be slotted above it.

Judging by some of the updates we’ve seen in the officially unveiled, all-new 2024 Chevy Traverse and 2024 GMC Acadia, we can make a few predictions about what to expect in the 2025 Buick Enclave. One big update we’re expecting is the availability of the Super Cruise hands-free driving system. Another safe bet is an Avenir trim comparable to the GMC Acadia Denali, which has luxurious features like a unique appearance package with available 22-inch wheels, an 8-inch head-up display, leather seating for the first two rows, and power-folding third-row seats.

Power for the all-new 2025 Buick Enclave will come from the turbocharged 2.5L I4 LK0 engine mated to the GM 8-speed automatic transmission. Under the hood of the new Acadia and Traverse, this engine develops 328 horsepower and 326 pound-feet of torque. We expect the same specs for the Buick. Naturally, front-wheel drive will be standard, and all-wheel drive will be optional.

In spy shots of the new Enclave’s interior, we saw a widescreen display housing the infotainment screen and digital gauge cluster similar to those found in the Cadillac Lyriq. We were also grateful to see tactile climate control switches placed in a nice horizontal arrangement in the center stack.

Keep an eye out for an official unveiling of the 2025 Buick Enclave in the coming weeks, with availability following shortly after that.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-27-24 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-26-24, 10:16 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

As a 2025 model, the new Enclave may (?) actually beat the "new" shark-faced 2024 Envision (below) to market....which will not be released until late this year. 2023 Envisions are still being sold.

Old 02-27-24, 06:15 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Was the auto show. BUICK was there.

too bad, so sad. The Buick brand is DEAD

I would rather just buy a Chevrolet
Old 02-27-24, 06:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
Was the auto show. BUICK was there.

too bad, so sad. The Buick brand is DEAD

I would rather just buy a Chevrolet
Well, you apparantly saw the show in Toronto. The Buick brand may be dying in Canada, but it still has some life in the U.S. My only complaint is that it is going to soon be an all-electric brand here. No other all-new model-lines after the Envista are going to be introduced in the U.S. with gas engines. It's going to be like Tesla LOL.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-27-24 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-27-24, 08:01 AM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

I think it looks ok.

​​​​​Does this have the 3 banger in it like the encore?
Old 02-27-24, 08:12 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by Margate330
I think it looks ok.

being a huge 3 row crossover, i hope not!

i think it looks very 'generic', but fine.
Old 02-27-24, 08:19 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Margate330
I think it looks ok.

No. It is too large for the Encore's turbo-three, According to the article, it will use a 2.5L Turbo-4 and 8-speed transmission. Apparantly the 3.6L normally-aspirated V6 and 9-speed is gone.
Old 02-27-24, 08:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
being a huge 3 row crossover, i hope not!
Relax......like I told Margate, it's getting a turbo 4.

i think it looks very 'generic', but fine.
All of the new Buicks are adopting that shark-nose front end and wide info-screen on the dash. Not my favorite design, but I've seen worse.
Old 02-27-24, 10:02 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,514 Likes on 1,653 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
As a 2025 model, the new Enclave may (?) actually beat the "new" shark-faced 2024 Envision (below) to market....which will not be released until late this year. 2023 Envisions are still being sold.

looks so yesterday...

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Relax......like I told Margate, it's getting a turbo 4.
thanks for the advice, i don't need to relax, of course i knew it wouldn't have a lawnmower engine.
Old 02-27-24, 10:22 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Will be a decent rental car
Old 02-27-24, 10:28 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

This is the worst application of Buick's new styling theme yet. I think it looks bad and bland at the same time, which is an achievement. Straight to the Enterprise rental lot with you, I say.
Old 02-27-24, 10:41 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
This is the worst application of Buick's new styling theme yet. I think it looks bad and bland at the same time, which is an achievement. Straight to the Enterprise rental lot with you, I say.
It'll blend right in!

Old 02-27-24, 10:49 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

At least the 3.6 is eliminated from one more car. I hate that thing
Old 02-27-24, 12:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Will be a decent rental car
Originally Posted by TangoRed
Straight to the Enterprise rental lot with you, I say.

Actually, that is (more or less) what Chevys are for. Buicks are generally a step above Chevies on the premium-ladder.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-27-24 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-27-24, 12:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
At least the 3.6 is eliminated from one more car. I hate that thing
I had a 3.6L in my Lacrosse. and it ran like a gem....smooth, silky, and with plenty of torque. The only reason i traded that car was that it was too large for my current driving needs, too low to the ground, and too bulky for easy maneuvering/parking.

Quick Reply: 2025 Buick Enclave Spy Shots