Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another lost truck soul converted to the quirky side

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-24, 06:07 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 118 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I chuckled out loud when I read this. Good one.
I have not driven it, but from what I've read and heard the 200 or so hp is pretty good when it comes to hauling the 3000 pound or so body. I am looking forward to driving one.
Old 04-15-24, 07:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Originally Posted by asj2024
I mean, stands out from a distance due to its shape. I can easily pick out the older gens from the quirky shape, but the gen 5 can be mistaken from far away....the enormous PRIUS sign in back nails it though lol
You're a Prius fan. There are hundreds of thousands of Gen 3 Priuses running around, to the rest of us we ignore Priuses like we ignore Corollas, etc.

The Gen 5 is the only one I notice because its actually good looking...
Old 04-15-24, 07:48 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You're a Prius fan. There are hundreds of thousands of Gen 3 Priuses running around, to the rest of us we ignore Priuses like we ignore Corollas, etc.

The Gen 5 is the only one I notice because its actually good looking...
Unless it's an exotic car or some freaky ugly thing like the cybertruck, people mostly ignore other cars I would think. I certainly do.

For me, and I assume quite a few people, it's easier to distinguish gen 3 and 2s than gen 5, which look like many other small sporty cars because Toyota has made it more conservative looking.
Old 04-15-24, 07:56 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Originally Posted by asj2024
Unless it's an exotic car or some freaky ugly thing like the cybertruck, people mostly ignore other cars I would think. I certainly do.
Not sure you're a car enthusiast then...I look at and admire many cars on the road when I drive. Priuses aren't one of them though, nor are other economy cars unless they are something unusual,

You'd be surprised that driving different cars does draw attention. I got very few compliments and noticed very little attention in my LSs, my GS350 got compliments and drew peoples looks and my S560 gets a lot of attention. Last week it was complimented by the pharmacist at the drive through, and when I came out from my office there was a guy walking around it looking at it, thats pretty surprising given its 4 years old and at the end of a long design run. Obviously nobody gives the Pacifica a second look but I also would catch people looking at the Jeeps, especially the last one we had because it was an Overland and in a good color.

For me, and I assume quite a few people, it's easier to distinguish gen 3 and 2s than gen 5, which look like many other small sporty cars because Toyota has made it more conservative looking.
I would not assume that. The vast, vast majority of people don't pay a Prius or any other economy car any attention...especially an old one.
Old 04-15-24, 08:39 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Not sure you're a car enthusiast then...I look at and admire many cars on the road when I drive. Priuses aren't one of them though, nor are other economy cars unless they are something unusual,
I'm an enthusiast of specific cars, not cars in general.

And when I am enthusiastic about a car, I really really am that.

I take pics of them and even have an album of those pics, go on over and talk to owners anytime I can (most love talking about their history with the brand), know their history, watch movies (even bad ones) because the car is a big part of the movie, spot them easily on highways and byways, and bore the living hell out of my wife about it.

And yes, I do not consider a Prius to be a luxury brand, although the Tesla Y is now cheaper than the Prius in Europe, so I guess they're both economy cars lol

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-....805726.0.html

I would not assume that. The vast, vast majority of people don't pay a Prius or any other economy car any attention...especially an old one.
You're not getting what I say. I didn't say that people pay attention, I meant it's easier to distinguish gen 2s and 3s because of the more unique shape.

The gen 5 Prius looks like any other sporty car, all those design awards notwithstanding.