Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Purchase and Ownership Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-24, 03:39 PM
slyfoxx
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Lexus Purchase and Ownership Experience

Afternoon all,

Looked around the forum but didn't see a first time Lexus owner or prospective buyer thread. If there is one, please forgive!

So I have a few questions for those that have bought and owned a Lexus for a while. It's time for a new vehicle and I have my eye on a 2022 or newer Lexus IS 350 F Sport. I'll try to keep this short as possible. I know no one likes to read long posts .

First off:
My problem is I live in southeastern NC. The closest Lexus dealership is Hendrick Lexus of Charlotte, some 190 miles away. Other Lexus dealerships, like Johnson Lexus get further away as you look beyond Hendrick. How is scheduled maintenance taken care of if you don't have a Lexus dealership nearby? I am keeping my eye out for pre-owned local cars for sale, but I'm afraid I might have to end up going to a Lexus dealership to get the car.

Second:
For those that have an IS sedan (new or old), how has your experience been with it? Does the F Sport ride rough compared to a non-F Sport?

Third:
Is there anything, like options, I should avoid when looking at an IS? Are there any options I should look for?

Any insight and information is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Stephen
Old 04-17-24, 11:43 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Post this in the IS Forum for answers.
Old 04-17-24, 11:50 AM
slyfoxx
5th Gear

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Post this in the IS Forum for answers.
Will do. Thank you!
Old 04-17-24, 04:02 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,621 Likes on 1,034 Posts

Good luck in your search!

With Lexus, you only get the first two services complimentary, so after that, for routine maintenance you can often find a local Toyota dealer that will do it, and often for less, but warranty work still needs to go to a Lexus dealer.

I only owned my IS350 for two years, but I really enjoyed that car. It was just too small for us, especially when surprise baby number 2 came...
Old 04-18-24, 03:38 PM
slyfoxx
5th Gear

Originally Posted by JDR76
Good luck in your search!

With Lexus, you only get the first two services complimentary, so after that, for routine maintenance you can often find a local Toyota dealer that will do it, and often for less, but warranty work still needs to go to a Lexus dealer.

I only owned my IS350 for two years, but I really enjoyed that car. It was just too small for us, especially when surprise baby number 2 came...
Thanks for the reply! I do have a Toyota dealership nearby, about a 30-min drive. Ironically, it's a Hendrik Toyota dealership. I guess I could skip the CPO scheduled maintenance and just have the Toyota dealership do it. Don't fancy driving 160 miles back to Charlotte or wherever I get it from if it's that far out. I'm willing to drive out that far to buy/pickup a car, just don't want to make that a routine trip LOL.