Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Out with old - in with new(er)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-24, 07:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by stasek

What color is your interior? Post some pics!
Old 05-19-24, 12:43 PM
stasek
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Old 05-19-24, 01:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice!
Old 05-19-24, 01:59 PM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

thanks! I’m hoping the improved reliability is not just a myth😀.
Not sure if it's similar to X5 but this current generation is good. The first vehicle that I had not had any issue with. Congrats! This new(er) will certainly be different from the "old".

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
congrats! nice looking car. thankfully not a part of recent styling disasters like this one i saw today

While that looks bad, it's not a 5 series.
Old 05-19-24, 02:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Not sure if it's similar to X5 but this current generation is good. The first vehicle that I had not had any issue with. Congrats! This new(er) will certainly be different from the "old".

Good point. The new gen 5 Series has a more traditional looking front end. For now at least.
Old 05-19-24, 02:58 PM
bkowa092
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1111GS

He had to find a way to make a back-handed comment about the original poster's car choice
Old 05-19-24, 06:40 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Enjoy the car.
Last gen of BMWs with traditional interior with physical controls, separate gauge cluster and gear shifter. The new 5er interior is horrendous.

Still crazy to me that almost all new cars are losing these basic controls for less intuitive digitization just so they can be like a Tesla.
Old 05-19-24, 06:44 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

again? respecting people's right to have opinions is not the same as somehow being required to agree with those opinions or not being able to express a different opinion.

we're all allowed to have opinions and allowed to express them. no opinions expressed are going to be universally agreed with. nothing to do with respect.
BMW forum will ban you for expressing negative opinions on the styling. This was huge thing with the hideous new M3/4 grills a few years back. They even banned member that bought the car hoping it would grow on them and then sold it.

Young people now get so easily offended that they report posts if you criticize their car. Just wild.
Old 05-19-24, 06:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
BMW forum will ban you for expressing negative opinions on the styling. This was huge thing with the hideous new M3/4 grills a few years back. They even banned member that bought the car hoping it would grow on them and then sold it.

Young people now get so easily offended that they report posts if you criticize their car. Just wild.
It gets to a point where it gets tiresome. If every thread in a forum for new BMWs is people with older ones *****ing about the styling, that’s over the top and those people need to be removed. It’s the same way here, it’s like the spindle grill. We get it, lots of people don’t like it. Every conversation doesn’t need to be about that.
Old 05-19-24, 07:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

we're all allowed to have opinions and allowed to express them. no opinions expressed are going to be universally agreed with. nothing to do with respect.
Exactly.
Old 05-19-24, 08:29 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Enjoy the car.
Last gen of BMWs with traditional interior with physical controls, separate gauge cluster and gear shifter. The new 5er interior is horrendous.

Still crazy to me that almost all new cars are losing these basic controls for less intuitive digitization just so they can be like a Tesla.
Not to be like Tesla....to be cheaper to produce. A screen is extremely cheap to make and implement
Old 05-20-24, 01:00 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
It gets to a point where it gets tiresome. If every thread in a forum for new BMWs is people with older ones *****ing about the styling, that’s over the top and those people need to be removed. It’s the same way here, it’s like the spindle grill. We get it, lots of people don’t like it. Every conversation doesn’t need to be about that.
Yep, and I think there's a difference between a post or comment reacting to a new release or trying to decide what car to buy mentioning they don't like the appearance and it's a factor in their choice, and a post where somebody has excitedly bought a car and somebody comes in and insults their choice.

I saw it in a BMW discord server, somebody posted a pic of their new to them BMW i3, and somebody with an M4 just started being a total ***** to them over it.
Old 05-20-24, 05:16 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,513 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by bkowa092
He had to find a way to make a back-handed comment about the original poster's car choice
not at all... i like op's 5 series!
Old 05-20-24, 06:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
Yep, and I think there's a difference between a post or comment reacting to a new release or trying to decide what car to buy mentioning they don't like the appearance and it's a factor in their choice, and a post where somebody has excitedly bought a car and somebody comes in and insults their choice.

I saw it in a BMW discord server, somebody posted a pic of their new to them BMW i3, and somebody with an M4 just started being a total ***** to them over it.
Yup, its happened to me here.
Old 05-20-24, 06:43 AM
LH1
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

Yea I remember when the spindle grille debuted. There was A LOT of threads about it.

Quick Reply: Out with old - in with new(er)