Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Need help with lease buyout-Toronto Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-24, 07:34 AM
Ac1510
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with lease buyout-Toronto Canada

Hi, my lease on my Lexus uxh is up at the end of June and I’d like to buy it out. I can’t get anyone from my dealership in Toronto (Canada) to call me back. It’s been weeks of trying with Lexus Downtown. I called Lexus financial and they told me I didn’t have to use the same dealership to buy it out that I leased from. Great. I then called Lexus on the Park (Toronto) and they said I did have to use the same dealership and the policy had changed. Any advice?
Old 05-31-24, 07:57 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

The end of lease buyout process is biased towards you turning in and leasing a new vehicle.

When I leased a Lexus a few years ago I ran into the same confusing issue. LFS said call the dealer to initiate buyout. Dealer did not respond.

I then read this info on Lexus web site. I realized I needed to ask two questions to LFS, and nothing more to initiate the process.

1. What is the buyout price?
2. Where do I send the money?

I sent LFS the check, and received title approximately 3 weeks later.

https://www.lexusfinancial.com/us/en...ur_option.html

You don't have to use a dealer at all for the buyout. The financial agreement is between you and LFS, and none of the dealers will help as there is no incentive to do so.

Old 05-31-24, 07:59 AM
Ac1510
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckNX
The end of lease buyout process is biased towards you turning in and leasing a new vehicle.

When I leased a Lexus a few years ago I ran into the same confusing issue. LFS said call the dealer to initiate buyout. Dealer did not respond.

I then read this info on Lexus web site. I realized I needed to ask two questions to LFS, and nothing more to initiate the process.

1. What is the buyout price?
2. Where do I send the money?

I sent LFS the check, and received title approximately 3 weeks later.

https://www.lexusfinancial.com/us/en...ur_option.html

You don't have to use a dealer at all for the buyout. The financial agreement is between you and LFS, and none of the dealers will help as there is no incentive to do so.
Hi ChuckNX,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately in Canada we have to go through the dealership and can’t directly use Lexus financial. It’s brutal. I wish I was in the US!
Old 05-31-24, 08:18 AM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Ac1510
Hi ChuckNX,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately in Canada we have to go through the dealership and can’t directly use Lexus financial. It’s brutal. I wish I was in the US!
Interesting. According to the Lexus Canada web site, you don't have to go to the dealer. I would call them back and try again, referring the web site.

If that doesn't work, maybe tell them you are living in a place/country where there are no Lexus dealers and having your mail forwarded. Or you can’t drive to dealership for a few months due to health reasons.

The dealer will charge a few hundred dollars admin fee to process which you avoid if you can work with LFS directly..

Don't be snookered.

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/know-y...s/end-of-lease

PAYOUT QUOTE PROCESS
If you decide to buy-out your Lexus lease, your can contact your Dealership or Lexus Financial Services directly. They can inform you of the current buy-out amount required to payout your lease account.

Last edited by chuckNX; 05-31-24 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-31-24, 08:37 AM
Orkboyz
Pit Crew

Received 85 Likes on 32 Posts

And I thought Canadians had a reputation for being pleasant and helpful, eh.
Old 06-02-24, 08:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,774 Likes on 1,981 Posts

I would just show up at the dealer midweek and tell them you want to buy your car out of the lease and ask to talk to a finance manager. They’re not going to turn you away when you’re there and they don’t have anything better to do.