Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Rolls-Royce Wraith - Not Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-24, 04:58 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,249 Likes on 930 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
LOL - This is wild post.

Ok sure you win, can’t wait to go on the canyons in my 5,000lb land yacht with seats that don’t have any support. What are those McLarens thinking with their light weight and carbon tubs.

Dont worry lol! It's a common misconception that Bentley cars can't move well, you will learn if you are around them more. Inputs are deliberate but they will hold a line unlike anything else in their class and is almost freakish

Oh btw, you are insulting the panamera as well if you denigrate the Spur btw
Old 06-20-24, 04:59 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
One of the things you learn as a reviewer is that a review is different from an opinion piece. When you review something you're supposed to review it through the eyes of its target consumer instead od through your own eyes.
Yep, agreed
Old 06-20-24, 05:08 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

One of the things you learn as a reviewer is that a review is different from an opinion piece. When you review something you're supposed to review it through the eyes of its target consumer instead od through your own eyes.
100% agreed. This is essentially what differentiates what I perceive is useful information vs yet another throw away attempt at making money on YouTube attempt hiding as a review.

Also, any piece that has hints of clickbait either through the use of overly dramatic titles (as is the case with the op here), or the use of dramatic looking YouTube images, sends this same message to me. I usually block channels that employ these tactics.
Old 06-20-24, 07:20 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,029 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
pimptastic.
Pimp dial turned up that's for sure. Haha
Looks good
Old 06-21-24, 12:09 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
https://youtu.be/XqbyKcWsNM8?si=3Q9Scqrr_67ofRn8

Dont worry lol! It's a common misconception that Bentley cars can't move well, you will learn if you are around them more. Inputs are deliberate but they will hold a line unlike anything else in their class and is almost freakish

Oh btw, you are insulting the panamera as well if you denigrate the Spur btw
Ok i have driven McLarens, 911s, and this Bentley V8S and MY PERSONAL assessment is it drives like a boat. It’s not a car that i would enjoy pushing on a canyon road. It’s a cruiser and great high speed GT car. The suspension is plush but not floaty. The inputs on it are lazy and not direct.

You can’t drive a Mclaren or a GT3RS with one hand, this thing you can lean back and operate with a finger.

I have never driven a Panamera but its a big heavy sedan and I would never compare it to a 911, Cayman or McLaren!
Old 06-21-24, 02:11 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
100% agreed. This is essentially what differentiates what I perceive is useful information vs yet another throw away attempt at making money on YouTube attempt hiding as a review.

Also, any piece that has hints of clickbait either through the use of overly dramatic titles (as is the case with the op here), or the use of dramatic looking YouTube images, sends this same message to me. I usually block channels that employ these tactics.
I don't do this for the money, I do it for the joy of getting into all kinds of cars - it's more of a hobby for me - being an enthusiast.
The overdramatic titles and dramatic looking thumbnails is not what I typically do, as you will notice on this vehicle's review thumbnail. I can definitely give my opinion on a forum, based on a review that I did. If you go through the video, you'll notice that it wasn't opinionated - more factual, as I typically do with all my reviews. Thanks for watching (if you did), nevertheless.

I understand and do agree to some degree. As I mentioned before, my intent was not to get people to click (not for the video nor the post), just my opinion on the vehicle. In the actual review, I stated all the good things about the vehicle and did explicitly mention that it was not a vehicle for me (if I could actually afford one).
Old 06-21-24, 08:43 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Ok i have driven McLarens, 911s, and this Bentley V8S and MY PERSONAL assessment is it drives like a boat. It’s not a car that i would enjoy pushing on a canyon road. It’s a cruiser and great high speed GT car. The suspension is plush but not floaty. The inputs on it are lazy and not direct.

You can’t drive a Mclaren or a GT3RS with one hand, this thing you can lean back and operate with a finger.

I have never driven a Panamera but its a big heavy sedan and I would never compare it to a 911, Cayman or McLaren!
Look up ring vids of the Pana going stupid fast, it can do it quite well. Bentley is not a one finger type car like Rolls