Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 bmw x3

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-24, 12:39 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

The rear end on these look really odd. Especially from the 3/4 view.
Old 06-23-24, 06:19 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorola
Was checking out Savagegeese's new X2 video review today and it is beyond belief that it has stitched pleather upper door sills and dash while the X3 is a giant slab of almost hard plastic.

The interior on my X3 is very well done. I have Sensatec on the dash and upper doors with stitching.

The middle of the door / armrest and door handle is in leather with contrast silver stitching plus I have Carbon Fiber trim. Also has the galvanized buttons.

This new X3 was signed off during Covid shutdown so I think that played into cheap interior. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by RNM GS3; 06-23-24 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-23-24, 09:40 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
The interior on my X3 is very well done. I have Sensatec on the dash and upper doors with stitching.

The middle of the door / armrest and door handle is in leather with contrast silver stitching plus I have Carbon Fiber trim. Also has the galvanized buttons.

This new X3 was signed off during Covid shutdown so I think that played into cheap interior. 🤷‍♂️
Looks good.
Is the steering wheel leather wrapped too?

My first impression when already sitting in the car is the steering wheel.
Old 06-24-24, 08:41 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Margate330
Looks good.
Is the steering wheel leather wrapped too?

My first impression when already sitting in the car is the steering wheel.
Thanks - yes steering wheel is leather.
Old 06-24-24, 10:35 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Thanks - yes steering wheel is leather.
I'm a little upset that BMW has been steadily removing leather-wrapped airbag covers from their lineup...

Our 330i even had a leather-wrapped airbag cover with stitching. You have to go to pretty much an X5 or above to get one anymore.

I feel like we should have optioned the SensaTec dash in our X3. It looks a lot nicer with the stitching, etc. We just have the plastic dash and upper doors.

I just don't know what BMW is thinking with the new interior. I'd take another X3 that looks similar to our current ones any day over the new one.
Old 06-24-24, 11:06 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

It's wild how we're only a few years removed from BMW interiors that made sense and were very functional. The G30 interior was very similar to the pre-LCI G05 X3 interior. You had analog style gauges(were actually digital with a raised ring to give it a more physical appearance), buttons for everything that should have buttons, and infotainment that was intuitive. And a classy look.

Old 06-24-24, 12:54 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately it’s all cost cutting in the new generation cars.
I sat in new Cayenne at Porsche dealership and couldn’t believe how cheap the interior felt.

This whole huge screen thing is hopefully a phase but it’s a huge savings for manufacturers not to design/produce/install buttons, gauges etc.

If I stay with BMW after X3, i will get the current “old gen” X5 which still has a high quality interior.
Old 06-25-24, 12:19 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Yeah if you want better quality, you need to step up to X5. Even current X3's quality is a step down. Not sure how but it felt very different IMO. A little here a little there. The one positive thing from this one big screen is the display itself is larger than the previous (separate) ones. But you can no longer watch videos.
Old 06-25-24, 01:20 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
It's wild how we're only a few years removed from BMW interiors that made sense and were very functional. The G30 interior was very similar to the pre-LCI G05 X3 interior. You had analog style gauges(were actually digital with a raised ring to give it a more physical appearance), buttons for everything that should have buttons, and infotainment that was intuitive. And a classy look.

Gen Z wants their capacitive touch screens. Because buttons = old fashion. I understand why they ditching buttons, they have to prevent themselves from looking staid for fear of falling into the Buik/Cadillac perception issue that those cars are only for senior citizens.
Old 06-26-24, 04:51 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Yeah if you want better quality, you need to step up to X5.
I don't feel that's how it should be. Quality should be consistent up and down the line. I should step up to an X5 if I want more luxury, or features, or power...but not more quality. Isn't that the consistent knock on, say, the smallest Mercedes Benz's? They don't "feel" like an MB?
Old 06-26-24, 05:37 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,202 Likes on 892 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I don't feel that's how it should be. Quality should be consistent up and down the line. I should step up to an X5 if I want more luxury, or features, or power...but not more quality. Isn't that the consistent knock on, say, the smallest Mercedes Benz's? They don't "feel" like an MB?
I disagree, quality should increase as you move up. Part of what you pay for is 2x thicker backing, 2x more clips, genuine metal, etc etc. The exception to this was golden era Lexus that always seemed to have the same crazy high standards for even the IS/ES
Old 06-26-24, 05:55 AM
Gerf
Pole Position

Received 797 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Gen Z wants their capacitive touch screens. Because buttons = old fashion. I understand why they ditching buttons, they have to prevent themselves from looking staid for fear of falling into the Buik/Cadillac perception issue that those cars are only for senior citizens.
The gear selector in that car looks like a shower head.
Old 06-27-24, 10:25 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

I guess we perceive quality differently. IMO, luxury, features or even power are all part of "quality."
Old 06-27-24, 10:42 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
I guess we perceive quality differently. IMO, luxury, features or even power are all part of "quality."
That's not really how I define "quality". In my view, you can have a high quality economy car. Yugo could have added lots of features and even power to its cars, but the quality of the car would not be nearly equivalent to a Civic or Corolla.
Old 06-28-24, 10:39 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,740 Likes on 1,902 Posts

That's not really how I define "quality". In my view, you can have a high quality economy car. Yugo could have added lots of features and even power to its cars, but the quality of the car would not be nearly equivalent to a Civic or Corolla.
I think the part where 1111GS wrote "luxury" makes it a little hard to argue, cause there's another thing that is open to interpretation. I could write an essay about what "luxury" means in a vehicle.

But anyway, I feel we're somewhat losing the point of the new X3 and arguing semantics. Maybe not? Just want to remind folks that that's what the thread is about.

After driving ours today, I feel no need to upgrade. Maybe that's partly because we've only had ours for about a year, but even then, I can recognize how it's not up to date with all BMW's newer products... which is a good thing, if you ask me.

Quick Reply: 2025 bmw x3