Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

U.S. auto sales are expected to slow during the second half of 2024

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-24, 10:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Just FYI, although a little off topic, the Loudoun County School Board has become famous all across the country for its incompetence.
But they don’t have litter boxes in bathrooms lol
Old 06-27-24, 10:28 AM
LexusForever
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Yup, total garbage.

This is a real problem everywhere in our society. Gullible people latch onto garbage like this that supports their worldview and their own personal agendas and extole it as fact. People create this content because it enriches them and people eat it up because they want it to be true. I had a whole argument just a couple weeks ago with someone I know to be an intelligent person that Loudoun County schools has litter boxes in their bathrooms for kids who thought they were cats. She had a video like this talking all about it, and didn't have an answer to my question as to why she didn't just show up at school and look in the bathrooms to see? Her response? "Did you watch the video? Why won't you watch the video?" Because its garbage. Why won't you go look for yourself? Because you know its not true and you know you would find there are no litterboxes lol. I can tell you for sure there are no litterboxes in my kids schools bathrooms. If somebody told you there was a litterbox would you not want to see it?!? I would lol
It's not just our society, it's across the world.

Social media / the web as useful of a tool it is, brings a lot of negative consequences.
Old 06-27-24, 10:31 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Yup, total garbage.

This is a real problem everywhere in our society. Gullible people latch onto garbage like this that supports their worldview and their own personal agendas and extole it as fact. People create this content because it enriches them and people eat it up because they want it to be true. I had a whole argument just a couple weeks ago with someone I know to be an intelligent person that Loudoun County schools has litter boxes in their bathrooms for kids who thought they were cats. She had a video like this talking all about it, and didn't have an answer to my question as to why she didn't just show up at school and look in the bathrooms to see? Her response? "Did you watch the video? Why won't you watch the video?" Because its garbage. Why won't you go look for yourself? Because you know its not true and you know you would find there are no litterboxes lol. I can tell you for sure there are no litterboxes in my kids schools bathrooms. If somebody told you there was a litterbox would you not want to see it?!? I would lol
You shouldn't even need to look for yourself for something so obviously untrue. And yet here we are......
Old 06-27-24, 10:32 AM
LH1
Instructor

Received 189 Likes on 99 Posts

Social media is poison. An overwhelmingly negative effect on the world.

Back to car sales, I think they'll be sluggish well beyond the second half of 2024.
Old 06-27-24, 11:00 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Getting into debate content, let’s steer back onto auto sales please