Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dynamic cruise annoys me

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-24, 02:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I really think most people are just driving along in their own heads and not really paying attention on any level.
definitely.

on the phone, doing makeup, rocking out to music, thinking about making dinner or errands, thinking about work, thinking about relationships, goes on and on...
Old 06-28-24, 02:39 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
I'm just amazed the VW I drove had it but most G30 5 series don't. It was an option, but an exceedingly rare one. The few I found that had it did not option the ventilated seats. I wanted both but was forced to choose.
Surprisingly my '19 G30 has both but agree that having both on a G30 is rare. The car we bought had just arrived at the port in Baltimore and we selected it off the spec sheet at the dealership. It had a couple of other options we weren't necessarily interested in but have enjoyed/appreciated all of them and now most of them have become must haves lol.
Old 06-28-24, 03:06 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

People's inattention on the road is really an issue. I don't know if many people actually do pull out in front of faster traffic to slow people down, or if they just legitimately don't register and recognize that the other drivers are even there. Every single day now I encounter people driving in the left lane constantly being passed on the right. I don't know if they are really so rude and self important that they don't care about that...or do they not even notice. You can pass them and glare at them and flip them off and flash your lights and honk and they don't even react...

I can't tell you the last time I came up on anybody and flashed my lights and they moved over. Its been a LONG time. They don't act weird or get aggressive back to me either its just like I'm not there.

I really think most people are just driving along in their own heads and not really paying attention on any level.
This isn't inattentiveness. This is not understanding the rules of the road, and self-centeredness. They just don't feel like they need to let anyone go by if they are "going over the speed limit".
Old 06-28-24, 08:56 PM
Logicallychallenged
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
In the case of @Logicallychallenged , he says he pulls out in front of people specifically to make them slow down.

He shouldn't be driving.
any person on this board, that pulls back in line within the tuned following distance in front of a vehicle with this dynamic cruise system on, will indeed cause said vehicle to slow down. Perhaps even brake.

is that vigilante stuff? Then we are all vigilantes and should turn in our keys. Everyone has unknowingly slowed another driver with this system.
Old 06-28-24, 09:15 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 965 Likes on 770 Posts

I've never used Dynamic cruise but from what you all are reporting, I don't think I would like it anyway.

Besides, my driving needs no computer assistance. Lol
Old 06-28-24, 09:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by Logicallychallenged
any person on this board, that pulls back in line within the tuned following distance in front of a vehicle with this dynamic cruise system on, will indeed cause said vehicle to slow down. Perhaps even brake.

is that vigilante stuff? Then we are all vigilantes and should turn in our keys. Everyone has unknowingly slowed another driver with this system.
There is a huge difference between unknowingly doing that and knowingly doing it to screw with people like you said you do.
Old 06-29-24, 05:38 AM
Logicallychallenged
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a huge difference between unknowingly doing that and knowingly doing it to screw with people like you said you do.
I said it was fun. I am intelligent enough to recognize that cars slow down behind me all due to this cruise situation. It is easy to see in the rearview as it causes what the OP observed as traffic congestion.

Perhaps some people are not that astute when driving because as you say this cruise system allows one to lower the "level of attention" while driving, that is not a good thing.

If you want to judge me on this forum, I supposed you have a right to do that. In the meantime, I will be on the lookout for drivers with lower "level of attention" behind the wheel.