Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lotus Eletre Hands On

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-24, 02:11 PM
guanche2k9
Advanced

Received 318 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Lotus Eletre Hands On

I'm not sure if any of you heard of the Lotus Eletre, but I had the opportunity of testing it out and reviewing a pre-production version (practically production ready) of the Lotus Eletre R. I'm not much of an EV guy, but I have to say....WOW. The attention to detail and quality of materials in the interior was stunning. Of course I don't how how well it will last over time in regards to reliability - keep in mind that this is one of the first production vehicles that Lotus has released since its acquisition by Geely, so we're in new territory. The tech was also quite impressive. Most importantly, it doesn't perform like a Lotus, but given its over 5,500 lbs curb weight, it accelerated and handled the corners pretty well. Finally, I definitely loved the fact that this vehicle had no fake vents. Every single crevice and duct was functional, which showed its performance intentions. Nevertheless, if you're curious in having a look, you can check out the full review below. *Apologies for the audio, as my videographer's mic was not cooperating.