Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024 - part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-24, 02:19 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 240 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Well what he actually said was (paraphrasing) that "people want tech more so than big honking' V8s", which isn't true. They're bringing the V8 back lmao.

Literally, how many of those C63s have sold here? I can't find any information. Seven or so?

This is what Americans want. Skip through the intro bullshyyyt and listen:

Not this travesty at 1:15. I wouldn't even sit in this car, it's a disgrace to the brand and the truly excellent cars Mercedes has ever made.

Also, at the :45 second mark and at 2:00 the C63 sounds just like Cameron's POS car in Ferris Bueller when he's flipping out gunning it debating to leave or not.

Last edited by AJT123; 10-02-24 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-02-24, 02:35 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

This is not directed at ANYONE personally here.

But to rude, nosey people who literally don’t think I should drive a hulking SUV with it just being me with all that room, power, etc. (And they’re out there!)

How much of this can you bring your fellow man in your Prius in an unprecedented disaster? We buy these and expensive pickup trucks for reasons like this, too.

Old 10-02-24, 02:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

With the power outages and shortage of fresh water in your part of the country after Helene, I'm surprised that they let you buy that much bottled water at one setting.....or was that given out by the State/FEMA?

Either way.....hope you and your family get through this disaster OK.
Old 10-02-24, 03:59 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
With the power outages and shortage of fresh water in your part of the country after Helene, I'm surprised that they let you buy that much bottled water at one setting.....or was that given out by the State/FEMA?

Either way.....hope you and your family get through this disaster OK.
We are fine, Knoxville is fine, thank you. We went to a small town called Newport about an hour away at a food bank where we knew the stuff is going DIRECTLY to people ASAP. The Government is taking too long, imagine that. There was a rumor that FEMA is confiscating water around there. Where we went, they literally said "See those cases going in that truck, that's going to my elderly mom's house who is in dire straits RIGHT NOW." It would take 72 hours for the government to get it to them.

We got all that at Home Depot but had to call around to find the water.

Mods: I didn't see there's a hurricane thread, please feel free to move these posts.
Old 10-02-24, 04:26 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
I am not sure why people think bit does not enjoy driving his LC. He also does have an EV so he’s got the best of both worlds. I like having options and don’t particularly like being told what to do, but to each their own.
Since he got his EV, it appears every gas car is loud to him. Funny when his LC has a great sounding V8. Or maybe the only gas car he likes is his LC

Originally Posted by AJT123
This is not directed at ANYONE personally here.

But to rude, nosey people who literally don’t think I should drive a hulking SUV with it just being me with all that room, power, etc. (And they’re out there!)

How much of this can you bring your fellow man in your Prius in an unprecedented disaster? We buy these and expensive pickup trucks for reasons like this, too.

Challenge accepted
Old 10-02-24, 05:04 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
Since he got his EV, it appears every gas car is loud to him. Funny when his LC has a great sounding V8. Or maybe the only gas car he likes is his LC

Challenge accepted
Hahahaha..... I bet Yukon has more total cubic feet. It would have been stacked more but that's all the water we could get. It wasn't a knock at Priuses. I just really loathe people who have vocal opinions about things that are none of their friggin business. If I want a 225 inch long truck that sucks gas, that's my business. Stop crying because it's big on the road (not toward you). The roads are huge in this country, vast vast majority at least.

Today it even surprised me just how much room is in there, and it's NOT even the XL. It SEEMS like an XL. The last Yukon GMT800 had half this room, or it seemed like it. LX570 couldn’t hold half this but it’s not known for excess interior room either.

Last edited by AJT123; 10-02-24 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-02-24, 08:27 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Hahahaha..... I bet Yukon has more total cubic feet. It would have been stacked more but that's all the water we could get. It wasn't a knock at Priuses. I just really loathe people who have vocal opinions about things that are none of their friggin business. If I want a 225 inch long truck that sucks gas, that's my business. Stop crying because it's big on the road (not toward you). The roads are huge in this country, vast vast majority at least.

Today it even surprised me just how much room is in there, and it's NOT even the XL. It SEEMS like an XL. The last Yukon GMT800 had half this room, or it seemed like it. LX570 couldn’t hold half this but it’s not known for excess interior room either.
Not even close to your capacity.

I had an old coworker who was married with no kids that drove an Escalade and loved it. Also, we wish we had more cargo space in the LX.
Old 10-02-24, 08:36 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

I had an old coworker who was married with no kids that drove an Escalade and loved it. Also, we wish we had more cargo space in the LX.
Why?… “that’s his business”

Challenge accepted
technically, AJT has a roof rack… so additional cargo up. AJT also can tow a fairly large trailer.
Spoiler

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 10-02-24 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-02-24, 10:37 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Since he got his EV, it appears every gas car is loud to him. Funny when his LC has a great sounding V8. Or maybe the only gas car he likes is his LCj

Challenge accepted
With respect, I don’t recall where bit said all ICE cars are loud. It is odd to me that some members attribute comments and it’s valid to say I just missed the specific comment. After all, I am a longtime member with a low post count all things considered. I am mostly active in a forum here where posts don’t count and I don’t care about that.

It is interesting to me to see this ICE and EV commentary because I work on the EV side of The Pecten and I think it’s always valuable to see how people regard EVs etc as we move forward technologically. Seems like many EV owners still have an ICE.
Old 10-02-24, 11:03 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
Why?… “that’s his business”

technically, AJT has a roof rack… so additional cargo up. AJT also can tow a fairly large trailer.
Spoiler

100% agree. I was stating I know people without kids who prefer full size SUVs. Nothing wrong with that. You like what you like.

Oh I wasn’t trying to compare the cargo space of the Prius and Yukon. LOL. Yukon FTW all day long!!

I think the Prius out tows the Yukon.🤣🤣 This deserves 5pts.

Someone will comment another idiot doing stuff for clicks🙄

With respect, I don’t recall where bit said all ICE cars are loud. It is odd to me that some members attribute comments and it’s valid to say I just missed the specific comment. After all, I am a longtime member with a low post count all things considered. I am mostly active in a forum here where posts don’t count and I don’t care about that.

It is interesting to me to see this ICE and EV commentary because I work on the EV side of The Pecten and I think it’s always valuable to see how people regard EVs etc as we move forward technologically. Seems like many EV owners still have an ICE.
He’s commented a number of times about his dislike of loud cars which seems odd when he has a sweet sounding V8.

I’ve noticed that as well. Even my friends who drive EVs won’t get rid of their gas vehicles but a lot of them say they’re “all in on EVs and never going back to gas.” I wonder why they continue to hold on to the gas burning vehicle🧐

They always give the same reason, “it’s paid off”.
Old 10-03-24, 12:32 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

LX570 is PERFECT for childless couples or couples with only one kid. We have no kids. Just dogs. LX is a great road trip vehicle for us.

It’s as simple as 1+1 why these new rigs fly off the lots. The Denali could handle 4-5 kids and their stuff no sweat and still never feel overburdened, or stressed, even towing while hauling a bunch of people.

It’s America’s version of how a fast Mercedes cruises down an autobahn at 140MPH like it’s nothing. These things will take anything you throw at them and then some.

Last edited by AJT123; 10-03-24 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-03-24, 06:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
you should ditch your gas car, just go all EV. Doesn’t sound like you enjoy driving it
thanks for the 'advice'.
Old 10-03-24, 07:16 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Mods: I didn't see there's a hurricane thread, please feel free to move these posts..
it's in clubhouse.
it 'appears' that way to you because you see what you want to see. keep up that speculating and trolling though. good job.

He’s commented a number of times about his dislike of loud cars which seems odd when he has a sweet sounding V8.
i have not stated that 'every gas car is loud to me'. nor that the LC is the only gas car i like. let me be clear. i really enjoy driving the LC. once you drive an ev a lot, every ice car will have an 'old fashioned' feel about it. oh, that's what gear changes were like! why do i have to wait for it to downshift? why is it making so much noise? yes, i don't like LOUD car sounds, especially ones enhanced by people putting aftermarket exhausts and other mods on them. i support fining or banning modified loud cars because they're a nuisance, just like i support major fines for racing on public roads.

since the lc is my 'fun' car, i don't mind the noises it makes, especially as i removed the car-controlled 'pipe' that feeds engine/intake sound directly into the cabin. the car is very quiet when cruising on smooth roads, but on worse roads the tire noise is very loud. yeah i don't like tire noise either. the car is surprisingly not well insulated for sound, especially given its huge weight. it does not have double pane glass like my ev. i will likely compromise and get non-runflat tires for it at some point which should be a good bit quieter.

I’ve noticed that as well. Even my friends who drive EVs won’t get rid of their gas vehicles but a lot of them say they’re “all in on EVs and never going back to gas.” I wonder why they continue to hold on to the gas burning vehicle🧐

They always give the same reason, “it’s paid off”.
again, generalization and speculation. i have an lc because i love the design and build quality, not because it's a gas car. i know that doesn't fit with your narrative. and since i don't care for loud engine sounds, i probably should have bought the hybrid one, but they're rarer than unicorns. you might be interested to know the lc500h gets over 600mi. on a tank full.

thanks for the support and correcitons!
Old 10-03-24, 08:21 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,984 Posts

As much as I love the LC I wouldn’t want to daily one either, the engine sound and all while fun when it’s fun would get tiring to me day to day.

IMO that’s why EVs make such great dailies. Visceral fun cars not as much.

@AJT123 great you did that with the water.
Old 10-03-24, 08:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
As much as I love the LC I wouldn’t want to daily one either, the engine sound and all while fun when it’s fun would get tiring to me day to day.
the lc, if driven 'normally' though, actually makes a pretty great easy driver. suspension is surprisingly comfortable and with 10 speeds of course it will keep the rpms low in normal or comfort modes. it's only when you go over, say 5k rpm that it (by design) gets pretty loud, but it is definitely a GREAT type of sound as loud car sounds go, if that makes sense.

one thing i truly don't get is EVERY lc review shows the driver bouncing the engine off the rev limiter over and over, so they can hear that intermittent cutting out of the engine. so juvenile imo.

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation 2024 - part 2