Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024 - part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-24, 09:09 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,030 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I'm not sure who's a bigger douche.
The one who parked the car or the one who left the kind letter on the windshield.

Narcissism is ugly. Lol
Old 08-04-24, 10:59 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Whatever. Park like a douche if you want. I will just park somewhere else and move on. If people are inconsiderate on the road or when they park like jerkies, nothing you say will change their perspective. You cannot make them care.

I do make comments to people in grocery stores when they block the entrance or aisles in the store. I don’t expect that it will suddenly spawn some self reflection and I don’t care. I just want them to move.

cars, though. No. I don’t really care how someone parks. I still park somewhat strategically. The strategy has changed. Parking away from most cars seems to invite people with jalopies to park next to you, so I stopped doing that.
Old 08-05-24, 07:05 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 732 Likes on 460 Posts

The bigger douche, by a very significant margin, is the idiot taking up two spaces.

And not that it matters, because it's just making a point, but those two pics look like they from different vehicles.
Old 08-05-24, 07:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
The bigger douche, by a very significant margin, is the idiot taking up two spaces.

And not that it matters, because it's just making a point, but those two pics look like they from different vehicles.
One thing I'm glad of is that I have a Disabled Parking permit, which allows me to park in public spaces with wide striped-zones on either side of the vehicle which provide a big buffer space and keep other doors away....plus my own neighbors in our condo-spaces (which don't have any disabled-markings) are usually very careful and courteous about that. I haven't gotten any door-dings for quite some time.

Old 08-05-24, 07:26 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
Whatever. Park like a douche if you want. I will just park somewhere else and move on. If people are inconsiderate on the road or when they park like jerkies, nothing you say will change their perspective. You cannot make them care.

I do make comments to people in grocery stores when they block the entrance or aisles in the store. I don’t expect that it will suddenly spawn some self reflection and I don’t care. I just want them to move.

cars, though. No. I don’t really care how someone parks. I still park somewhat strategically. The strategy has changed. Parking away from most cars seems to invite people with jalopies to park next to you, so I stopped doing that.
I just move on as well. Not sure why this stuff would bother someone

Originally Posted by Margate330
I'm not sure who's a bigger douche.
The one who parked the car or the one who left the kind letter on the windshield.

Narcissism is ugly. Lol
The note person might be the bigger DB. Need to learn tolerance.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 08-05-24 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-05-24, 07:29 AM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 98 Likes on 86 Posts

Yeah I was like... wait... there's no note on the car. Definitely douche asking for trouble. But sometimes I wonder. There's this one lady at my work's parking lot. She has an old mainstream car. But she always parks in open space and on two spots and her car is not even parked straight most of the time. I wonder if she's not a good parker and doesn't want to park near people. Or she just doesn't care. Her co-worker always parks next to her.
Old 08-05-24, 07:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,984 Posts

Originally Posted by AJT123
V8s are coming back eventually.
To mainstream vehicles? No.

Originally Posted by AJT123
More proof in the real world pudding. V8 beats (the ever loving **** out of) all of these turbos by significant margin towing….. 6.2 only one to attain double digits.
It’s not about power, it’s about displacement. That’s what you’re missing. Carmakers are designing engines not knowing what future regulatory hurdles are going to look like. Stellantis is a European company and vehicles are taxed many places in Europe by displacement. So you’re not seeing a lot of development of large engines for any vehicle that isn’t primarily a US vehicle. Carmakers also are preparing for similar displacement taxes potentially here too.

So same economy and power out of a smaller engine is their goal.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
One thing I'm glad of is that I have a Disabled Parking permit, which allows me to park in public spaces with wide striped-zones on either side of the vehicle which provide a big buffer space and keep other doors away....plus my own neighbors in our condo-spaces (which don't have any disabled-markings) are usually very careful and courteous about that. I haven't gotten any door-dings for quite some time.

Is that what that handicapped tag does? Amazing. Never knew that! (Yes I am being sarcastic)
Old 08-05-24, 07:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,984 Posts

Made it to WV. S580 did great. Incredible ride, so quiet even up to 100 MPH. Actually a considerable improvement over the previous car. The auto lane changing lasted about 40 miles and I shut that off lol.

Handling is so flat in Sport S Plus. I didn’t go Route 60 because the navigation was telling there was some kind of issue there so I went over Sandstone Mountain, held 80 all the way up in 8th gear at 1,800 RPM, and that’s a 5 mile long 7% grade that climbs 1,200 feet.

The new seat kinetics are great, in addition to the seat massage it moves the seat a little constantly which really does keep your body from being tired.

Came through some periods of heavy rain and the wipers are great. Audio system is really incredible. Far and away the best I have had.

Fuel economy is a little better than the S560 but it was Sunday and there was no traffic. Made it here on just over 1/2 tank. 27.7 MPG with the cruise set at 80, speeds nearing 100 when passing.

Another thing I noticed about the car sitting here on my cousins porch looking at it, the windows don’t have that OEM mirrored tint to them the way S Classes have since the W140. The tint looks like normal tint. Not sure how I feel about that.
Old 08-05-24, 08:11 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
The mid gen refresh in 2013. Is that what you
are referring to?

No, I mean the 2017 update. What you posted looks like the 2014 model year which is the third generation IS before the refresh in 2017.
Old 08-05-24, 08:24 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by link13
No, I mean the 2017 update. What you posted looks like the 2014 model year which is the third generation IS before the refresh in 2017.
‘Ok got it. I had no idea there was a refresh. I thought they were all the same
Old 08-05-24, 08:27 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Looks like the Atomic Silver. That's one color Lexus really nailed.
Old 08-05-24, 08:40 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Made it to WV. S580 did great. Incredible ride, so quiet even up to 100 MPH. Actually a considerable improvement over the previous car. The auto lane changing lasted about 40 miles and I shut that off lol.

Handling is so flat in Sport S Plus. I didn’t go Route 60 because the navigation was telling there was some kind of issue there so I went over Sandstone Mountain, held 80 all the way up in 8th gear at 1,800 RPM, and that’s a 5 mile long 7% grade that climbs 1,200 feet.

The new seat kinetics are great, in addition to the seat massage it moves the seat a little constantly which really does keep your body from being tired.

Came through some periods of heavy rain and the wipers are great. Audio system is really incredible. Far and away the best I have had.

Fuel economy is a little better than the S560 but it was Sunday and there was no traffic. Made it here on just over 1/2 tank. 27.7 MPG with the cruise set at 80, speeds nearing 100 when passing.

Another thing I noticed about the car sitting here on my cousins porch looking at it, the windows don’t have that OEM mirrored tint to them the way S Classes have since the W140. The tint looks like normal tint. Not sure how I feel about that.
Nice update. Looks like you are really enjoying your car. That’s good to hear. Only a half a tank of gas is impressive. 27.7 is great. The screen graphics look amazing
Old 08-05-24, 08:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,660 Posts

I just move on as well. Not sure why this stuff would bother someone
if you were looking for a parking spot for something urgent (medical appointment) and a car like that bmw was parked like that, you'd be very justified in being 'bothered'.

The note person might be the bigger DB. Need to learn tolerance.
tolerance for deliberate *** hat behavior? mmkay.

sure, it was just a funny internet pic i came across.

Nice update. Looks like you are really enjoying your car. That’s good to hear. Only a half a tank of gas is impressive. 27.7 is great. The screen graphics look amazing
quotes 6 pages of content for one line response. super lazy.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 08-07-24 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-05-24, 08:59 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Looks like the Atomic Silver. That's one color Lexus really nailed.
Agreed. My 2016 IS350 was atomic silver. It was a beautiful car.
Old 08-05-24, 11:48 AM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
I hear lots of wind noise and engine noise and a struggling car
Doing something it’s not meant to do.

I was just interested in your take. The Prius had a pretty low drag. So that would help very comparable cars like a Corolla.

what about compared to the LX570?
I haven’t towed my enclosed trailer with the 570 yet, only on a U-Haul trailer. Around 85mph the tail started to wag so had to dial it back a little.

Trust me the V6 TT in the tundra pulls/tows hard. I haven’t experienced the hybrid tundra yet and I’m sure it tows even better!! Again I don’t foresee selling my V8 for the V6 but if Toyota puts a PHEV in the Tundra I will take a closer look👀 especially if it’s in the NA form. I will throw a 2650 blower on my V8 before I buy a V6 TT. I’m trying to find all the videos I can on supercharged towing experience.

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation 2024 - part 2