Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

General Car Conversation 2024 - part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-24, 01:59 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,276 Likes on 1,774 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA
That's the gist of it as far as I can tell. He failed to secure his load, he failed to red flag it, and he betrayed his own lack of experience. Folks on twitter seem to have identified this Home Depot as being in Issaquah, so maybe a dude with Microsoft money.
OK, he's a nerd further down the coast 🤣
Old 08-27-24, 02:02 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,628 Likes on 1,039 Posts

That's the gist of it as far as I can tell. He failed to secure his load, he failed to red flag it, and he betrayed his own lack of experience. Folks on twitter seem to have identified this Home Depot as being in Issaquah, so maybe a dude with Microsoft money.
It's the Lowe's in Issaquah. I'd know it anywhere.
Old 08-27-24, 04:04 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 170 Posts

Maybe he heard about how weak the trailer hitch is. 🫣
Old 08-27-24, 05:53 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 240 Likes on 202 Posts

It’s these software/computer genius people that are genius level but stupid day to day. I still don’t get it.

I’m sure that guy is smart but looks like he forgot even the red flagger?

I literally can not do anything higher than very basic math anymore but I know the way the wind blows in life, it’s not that hard.
Old 08-27-24, 06:25 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJT123
It’s these software/computer genius people that are genius level but stupid day to day. I still don’t get it.

I’m sure that guy is smart but looks like he forgot even the red flagger?

I literally can not do anything higher than very basic math anymore but I know the way the wind blows in life, it’s not that hard.
I have to agree with you, that dude has no business trying to do truck stuff. I guess he thought he would give his handyman the day off 😂
Old 08-27-24, 06:27 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
Maybe he heard about how weak the trailer hitch is. 🫣
Well I guess if you drop a truck off a high place on to concrete, bust the frame and hitch, yeah, it will certainly be weak 🤣
Old 08-27-24, 07:32 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

So I had another road trip in the X7 last weekend, it is an awesome road trip car that is very comfortable, smooth, luxurious, decent gas mileage at about 21mpg, nice massaging seats, etc. that I think I'm going to have some regrets letting it go. However, there are two things this thing really sucks at doing. I know I said before that I hate how the transmission is tuned, it's terrible with the delay when you hit the gas.

I drive mostly in Sport Individual which I keep steering, engine and suspension in sport and transmission in comfort and the lag when I hit the gas pedal is awful to the point that I think pulling out in traffic can be dangerous at times.If I put the transmission in sport then it is a little better but then the revs hang more and it waits too long to change gears for normal driving.

One other area I hear people complain about is the a/c in the X7 (and BMWs in general) but I have to say, in hot weather I have never had an issue with ice cold a/c and my car is black/black and I just keep the climate control at 72 and the lowest fan speed. I lowered the temp down to the coldest and turned the fan on high and it was way colder than I would ever want. Where this truck really sucks is the ventilated seats. It is by far the worst implementation of ventilated seats I have ever had and that includes the IS350 I had which felt like it was blowing hot air. At least with the IS I felt air even though it was hot. With the BMW I could hear the fans going but I couldn't feel any air at all, like zero. Ranking for me from best to worst is Durango, LS600, GX460, Tesla Plaid, IS350 and X7.

Overall the X7 has been great other than a few little things mentioned above and I will miss it when I get rid of it in a couple months. My Cayenne is at the German port so only a couple more road trips left in the X7 but I think I'm ready to move on.
Old 08-27-24, 07:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,777 Likes on 1,984 Posts

Always bittersweet when its time to move on from whats been a good car...
Old 08-27-24, 08:09 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by patgilm
So I had another road trip in the X7 last weekend, it is an awesome road trip car that is very comfortable, smooth, luxurious, decent gas mileage at about 21mpg, nice massaging seats, etc. that I think I'm going to have some regrets letting it go. However, there are two things this thing really sucks at doing. I know I said before that I hate how the transmission is tuned, it's terrible with the delay when you hit the gas.

I drive mostly in Sport Individual which I keep steering, engine and suspension in sport and transmission in comfort and the lag when I hit the gas pedal is awful to the point that I think pulling out in traffic can be dangerous at times.If I put the transmission in sport then it is a little better but then the revs hang more and it waits too long to change gears for normal driving.

One other area I hear people complain about is the a/c in the X7 (and BMWs in general) but I have to say, in hot weather I have never had an issue with ice cold a/c and my car is black/black and I just keep the climate control at 72 and the lowest fan speed. I lowered the temp down to the coldest and turned the fan on high and it was way colder than I would ever want. Where this truck really sucks is the ventilated seats. It is by far the worst implementation of ventilated seats I have ever had and that includes the IS350 I had which felt like it was blowing hot air. At least with the IS I felt air even though it was hot. With the BMW I could hear the fans going but I couldn't feel any air at all, like zero. Ranking for me from best to worst is Durango, LS600, GX460, Tesla Plaid, IS350 and X7.

Overall the X7 has been great other than a few little things mentioned above and I will miss it when I get rid of it in a couple months. My Cayenne is at the German port so only a couple more road trips left in the X7 but I think I'm ready to move on.
My IS350 also had terrible ventilated seats. Great AC though. It was also bittersweet selling it, but I've moved on
Old 08-27-24, 09:02 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

the BMW ventilated seats are definitely worse than the competition, though they do accomplish one thing(and probably the only purpose BMW intended): they keep you dry and not sticky.

Surprised to hear the ZF8 has been so laggy for you. Everybody usually has such great things to say about it. Mine definitely doesn't lag.
Old 08-27-24, 09:10 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

the BMW ventilated seats are definitely worse than the competition, though they do accomplish one thing(and probably the only purpose BMW intended): they keep you dry and not sticky.

Surprised to hear the ZF8 has been so laggy for you. Everybody usually has such great things to say about it. Mine definitely doesn't lag.
Just keep in mind, he daily drives a Plaid
Old 08-27-24, 09:14 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Well I guess if you drop a truck off a high place on to concrete, bust the frame and hitch, yeah, it will certainly be weak 🤣
Like the F150 he dropped over 30 times from higher distance onto its hitch?
Old 08-27-24, 09:15 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 240 Likes on 202 Posts

I don’t like hearing that an X7 has unacceptable lag and hesitation.

Enjoy the new ride!
Old 08-27-24, 09:17 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,251 Likes on 932 Posts

The X7 has odd calibration being a suburbatank
Old 08-27-24, 09:21 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Striker223
Like the F150 he dropped over 30 times from higher distance onto its hitch?
Remember, the F-150 broke it's driveshaft. For people like you who are experienced mechanics it's an easy fix, but for most, it's a trip to the shop. Also, the CT is way heavier, and fell at a steeper angle on its frame.

That said, F-150 is the better choice for a work truck, and much easier to repair, body and frame wise that is

Quick Reply: General Car Conversation 2024 - part 2