Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Panamera looks and size

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-24 | 06:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i accept my lc500 is a bit challenging to get in and out of, but once in, it's super comfortable (amazing seats).
looks pretty cramped to me

Old 09-15-24 | 07:03 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

since you drive a plaid, everything else will feel slow.

with my lc (10 speed!), if i drive more spiritedly in 'comfort mode' the transmission can be lazy to shift, etc., but why should i expect otherwise, that's what it's supposed to do, so i now switch to 'sport s' mode which downshifts pretty instantly and holds gears longer, and doesn't use gears 9 and 10. much more fun to drive in.
LOL while that is true, I just like having the feeling of a V8 in a SUV. I've only had V8's in my SUV over the past 17 years and it isn't so much how fast they are, it's the feeling of the V8 that I like but I'm the 1% of buyer where that matters so to most people they probably don't care. It's one of the reasons I didn't consider the new Range Rover Sport, they got rid of the V8TT and now have a hybrid 6 to replace it.

As for the Mercedes transmission, again, I'm probably the 1% of buyers who notices and doesn't like it. If I am paying $140k plus for a sporty SUV it needs to be better/perfect for me to buy it. That is a lot of money to pay for me to be annoyed driving the car for three years. No car is going to be perfect and there are going to be annoyances with anything including infotainment but it comes down to which annoyances I'm willing to deal with and I just didn't like it and found something I liked better.
Old 09-15-24 | 10:30 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

That just sucks to hear about the transmission, because more than likely I would notice it.

I have changed my mind about multi gear transmissions, the GMC hasn't faltered once with being in the wrong gear or acting up hunting, acting confused, or anything. It's stunning how well it performs. I still need to drive something with the ZF8!!!
Old 09-26-24 | 01:38 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Pulled the trigger on a panamera yesterday. Picking up today. A different shade of blue at a closer dealer. I'm ecstatic to finally get away from grays and whites
Old 09-26-24 | 04:10 AM
TripleL
No Substitute
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Pulled the trigger on a panamera yesterday. Picking up today. A different shade of blue at a closer dealer. I'm ecstatic to finally get away from grays and whites
Congrats! Post up some pics when you can... in the meantime enjoy in good health.
Old 09-26-24 | 04:42 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

that's awesome. beautiful car, love the interior and exterior.

Old 09-26-24 | 04:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
looks pretty cramped to me

that's the convertible (i have the coupe which isn't as bad) but yeah, the rear seats in both are useless. the front seats for me (i'm 6'3") are very comfortable.

Originally Posted by patgilm
As for the Mercedes transmission, again, I'm probably the 1% of buyers who notices and doesn't like it. If I am paying $140k plus for a sporty SUV it needs to be better/perfect for me to buy it. That is a lot of money to pay for me to be annoyed driving the car for three years. No car is going to be perfect and there are going to be annoyances with anything including infotainment but it comes down to which annoyances I'm willing to deal with and I just didn't like it and found something I liked better.
let's face it, once someone gets used to driving an electric vehicle, all ice transmissions suck to one degree or another.
Old 09-26-24 | 06:40 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats! I can't get over how quickly you swap cars lol
Old 09-26-24 | 08:35 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Someone does it more than you? Lol.
Old 09-26-24 | 09:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
Oh, he does it way more than me! Like every year.
Old 09-26-24 | 10:21 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Congrats @LexRuger !
Old 09-26-24 | 06:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Steve, at least, lets the leases run out before he trades.

There were a couple of times, in the very late 70s and early 80s, when I had to trade every year, but that was because basic warranties were only one year, and unfortunately, I got stuck with a couple of real lemons.

To be honest, we are somewhat spoiled by how well vehicles are built today. Back then, especially from Chrysler and with some GM products, you either had to finish assembling the vehicle yourself, at home, after delivery, or in the dealer's service shop. And, even when assembled properly, parts often failed simply from poor quality.
Old 09-26-24 | 10:08 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TripleL
Congrats! Post up some pics when you can... in the meantime enjoy in good health.
Thank you. Long day. I had to drive almost 2 hours to drop off the BMW then travelled another 2 hours to the Porsche dealer. I wasn't able to pick it up till after 6pm. I'll make a thread tomorrow.
that's awesome. beautiful car, love the interior and exterior.
Thank you
Yea I think every year for like the past 10 lol. I need to stop.
Congrats @LexRuger !
Thank you
Old 09-27-24 | 06:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Steve, at least, lets the leases run out before he trades.
Close to it but I always trade out at least 6 months early.

Yea I think every year for like the past 10 lol. I need to stop.
No you don't lol. If you can eat and keep the lights on and have a future and buy a new car every year, then keep on living I say!
Old 09-29-24 | 06:28 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

Talking

Congratulations! Post some pics when you can. You always have the coolest cars man.