Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models

Search this Thread

Old Today | 11:31 AM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Have you ever driven an LC500h? I bet after driving it you wouldn't have.
Yes, agreed 100%.
Old Today | 11:44 AM
MPalmer
CL Editor

Hahaha, Lexus has offered to let me drive the LC500h a few times, but I just can't do it. I will always pick the 2UR-GSE. Every time.

That being said, over on the truck and SUV side of things where the V8s are already dead. These hybrid setups are legit (IMHO). In terms of performance numbers, sadly the extra weight form the batteries tends to backfire against running to 60mph, etc. But the torque curve is butt-dyno approved for sure. Off the line. On trails. Merging on the highway. Everywhere you need it day-to-day.
Old Today | 11:57 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

I don't see a parallel here with the LC500h. Versus the LC500 with a larger, more powerful engine, the V6 hybrid LC500h is an obvious step down, not to mention the loss of the V8 sound, which is a defining feature of the LC500.

In this case, the hybrid version is a more powerful version of the same engine, so there is no loss of a defining engine rumble. Just simply more power.
Old Today | 12:10 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPalmer
That being said, over on the truck and SUV side of things where the V8s are already dead. y.
GM has a new small block V8 coming out they invested 846MM into making. They'll be smart and not attach them to batteries, either..

V8s ain't dead.

How many Silverados, Sierras, Yukons, Tahoes, and Escalades are sold each year?

It will never be like before but I think some V8s will be back.
Old Today | 12:12 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDR76
I don't see a parallel here with the LC500h. Versus the LC500 with a larger, more powerful engine, the V6 hybrid LC500h is an obvious step down, not to mention the loss of the V8 sound, which is a defining feature of the LC500.

In this case, the hybrid version is a more powerful version of the same engine, so there is no loss of a defining engine rumble. Just simply more power.
But it drives like ****, that's been the consensus universally.
Old Today | 12:17 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Does it come with an engine that doesn't kill itself now?

The release is funny to read, on one hand they claim the V6 is so responsive and smooth and on the other brag that you can use the EV motor for lower speed crawling.....so what is it? Does the V6 have predictable and linear response or not? Water fording is very poor vs something like a Range Rover as well, I wouldn't advertise that since it just reminds people there is a better option out there.

900mm water has been the standard to beat for over a decade and Lexus still can't even match it.

F-sport on one of these is pure comedy lol!

As far as hating it being a hybrid etc I wouldn't mind having this setup as it's fully redundant, system dies engine has stand alone operation still. I see it as a pure benefit because it's already so heavy that who cares? It will make it feel faster than it actually is at least, have some of that diesel syndrome on the low end.
Old Today | 12:41 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

1 mpg better, yes, but...

An additional 48 hp and 104 lb-ft of torque. I would take lesser mileage to get that, but in this case you get more power without the mpg hit.
This!!

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Have you ever driven an LC500h? I bet after driving it you wouldn't have.
Exactly!!

Originally Posted by AJT123
GM has a new small block V8 coming out they invested 846MM into making. They'll be smart and not attach them to batteries, either..

V8s ain't dead.

AFM issues
Old Today | 12:43 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Only on CL do we complain when Lexus gives us MORE power lol...
Old Today | 01:03 PM
MPalmer
CL Editor

V8s ain't dead.

My comment was about Lexus and Toyota SUVs and trucks only. I'm aware that V8s still exist, lol.
Old Today | 01:55 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

And no actual performance increase relative to ALL competitors.......and a marginal improvement over the older one with exploding engines as an added bonus
Old Today | 02:30 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPalmer
Hahaha, Lexus has offered to let me drive the LC500h a few times, but I just can't do it. I will always pick the 2UR-GSE. Every time.y.
you should. Would be interesting to read. Although I would not want a hybrid, they are sometimes interesting to read about. Especially in that the LC is more of traditional hybrid compared to the LX which is different.

V8s ain't dead.

Toyota certainly dropped the ball with no modern V8 (turbo). Lexus might go down as the only brand to not offer a V8 turbo or a V12. Shameful.

Debatable. I don’t want batteries powering any of my vehicles. I don’t want to drive a hybrid.

The stock LX600 numbers are plenty. They’re more
same here. The added complexity and replacement cost out of warranty is scary

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
looking back on it now, if i could have found an lc500h, i would have bought one instead of the lc500. love my lc500 though!
You could fill up on gas once every 4 months
Old Today | 02:38 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
you should. Would be interesting to read. Although I would not want a hybrid, they are sometimes interesting to read about. Especially in that the LC is more of traditional hybrid compared to the LX which is different.

Toyota certainly dropped the ball with no modern V8 (turbo). Lexus might go down as the only brand to not offer a V8 turbo or a V12. Shameful.

same here. The added complexity and replacement cost out of warranty is scary

You could fill up on gas once every 4 months
Lets be fair now.....only the Germans ever offered V12s/Turbo 12s at all. That's why they are tier 1 luxury brands and the rest are just 2nd rate, turbo V8s are also almost exclusively their domain but at least the domestics give us really nice supercharged engines and the new ZR1
Old Today | 02:39 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

I'm sure there will be even more complaints when the price is announced. Given the price of the current model, I wouldn't be surprised to see this new one hit the $150K mark.

Old Today | 02:48 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
Lets be fair now.....only the Germans ever offered V12s/Turbo 12s at all.
Toyota built a V12. So did Jaguar. GM and Ford did a long time ago. Rolls Royce and Bentley had a 12 before Bentley became a glorified Volkswagen.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; Today at 02:56 PM.
Old Today | 02:58 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
Toyota built a V12. So did Jaguar. GM and Ford did a long time ago. Rolls Royce and Bentley had a 12 before Bentley became a glorified Volkswagen.
Yes the near billion dollar bespoke platfrom VW lol! Just remember that it was a 200+ mph car in 2004 haahahaha! Oh and W16 ends any argument on tier

Quick Reply: 2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models