Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models

Search this Thread

Old Today | 03:01 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motorola
I'm sure there will be even more complaints when the price is announced. Given the price of the current model, I wouldn't be surprised to see this new one hit the $150K mark.

And they seriously think it will go up against a Range Rover? Comical.

You are going to be able to get an Autobiography with the mild hybrid TTV8 for less than this new Lexus that has a WAY better interior and features and is on a totally different level of performance on and off road to the tune of nearly 50% faster and better handling ON TOP OF outclassing it off road and having a split tail gate. Ultimate irony is that the Range Rover has the more reliable engine as well!

EDIT: God, the LX is a brick at speed, nearly 16.5 second 0-100 mph vs just under 11 sec for the Range Rover and 130mph barely even happens. That's an insane gap.

Last edited by Striker223; Today at 03:09 PM.
Old Today | 03:01 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JDR76
Only on CL do we complain when Lexus gives us MORE power lol...
I don’t want said extra power from batteries bc Uncle Sam forced it, I want extra power from the engine.

None of this is really the automakers’ faults—- it’s regulations that will be hopefully rolled back eventually. We might get real cars back, I haven’t lost hope. Half of Mercedes engineers also are shaking their heads at 4 cylinder E Classes. S-Class is a hybrid—no thanks anymore.
Old Today | 03:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123
I don’t want said extra power from batteries bc Uncle Sam forced it, I want extra power from the engine.

The question is what happens out of warranty and what is the replacement cost? Would my 04 still be on the road if it were built in 2004 as a hybrid with a battery?

and I don’t care what anybody says, the start stopping of a hybrid is obvious. Maybe not as obvious as a gas start stop. But it is always there. I don’t wanna live with that. I’ve been reading the new Land Cruiser hybrid, doesn’t have the smoothest transition from electric to gas.
Old Today | 03:27 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
The question is what happens out of warranty and what is the replacement cost? Would my 04 still be on the road if it were built in 2004 as a hybrid with a battery?

and I don’t care what anybody says, the start stopping of a hybrid is obvious. Maybe not as obvious as a gas start stop. But it is always there. I don’t wanna live with that. I’ve been reading the new Land Cruiser hybrid, doesn’t have the smoothest transition from electric to gas.
Probably similar to a Prius, not the end of the world and I would normally say the gas savings cover it but it sure as hell won't here.

If they had a better engine design they could have offered this level of power with a retune like BMW/Ford does though lol! Too bad Toyota doesn't remember how to make engines
Old Today | 03:30 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Typical replacement hybrid battery is less than $2,000. There are millions of hybrids still on the road that are 20+ years old My 2006 Highlander is almost 19 years old only thing I've done is routine maintenance over 260,000 miles. Hybrid extends the life of the engine, and brakes.
Old Today | 03:46 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeX2K
Typical replacement hybrid battery is less than $2,000. There are millions of hybrids still on the road that are 20+ years old My 2006 Highlander is almost 19 years old only thing I've done is routine maintenance over 260,000 miles. Hybrid extends the life of the engine, and brakes.
I know you're just answer a question, but I really doubt the target demographic for an LX700h really cares about these things.
Old Today | 04:08 PM
MPalmer
CL Editor

I don't know about where you live, but right now all of the actual Taxis driving in Los Angeles are majority Prius. Their suspensions are gone and the ride like crap (RIP Crown Victoria, you are missed) but they all have hundreds of thousands of miles and have been abused for over a decade at this point in their service lives. This makes me hopeful for Toyota's hybrid systems (3.4 twin turbo V6 engine problems not withstanding).

RE: LX pricing, to be fair, the Ultra Luxury pictured above is the most expensive version and it's rubbish. Not nearly luxurious enough next to the German brands and it drives like a wet noodle. That being said, it's also a niche within a niche. iFORCE MAX on the Tundra is roughly $7K more than the base engine, so I think if the LX 600 Premium starts at $102ish so the 700h should cost roughly $7-10K more (there is also a model UNDER the Premium on the 600 that I don't think we'll see on the 700h).
Old Today | 04:32 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Maybe because they are significantly more expensive than the 200 used to be is the reason I'm not seeing any? I've talked for years how there are so many freakin' LXs around here. Not the new 600s, that's for sure.

They used to be about 90-95k, or you could certainly get one for around that. Back then they were more competitive (when other SUVs had tight 3rd rows and less powerful engines) and notably cheaper.

All this $130k crap is Range Rover territory, I agree. They're crazy.

Like I said about it going soft, the competition has massively caught up as well. The Denali in the fleet trounces that thing in every single way except extreme off road capability----for $40k less. Forty grand. The sticker was 82k, though it was gently used. It has better wood, is much more spacious inside and comfortable, and that Corvette V8 snarl you'll get addicted to really fast. IDC if it doesn't blow anyone away with numbers anymore, the thing is a hoot to drive..
Old Today | 04:38 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Maybe because they are significantly more expensive than the 200 used to be is the reason I'm not seeing any? I've talked for years how there are so many freakin' LXs around here. Not the new 600s, that's for sure.

They used to be about 90-95k, or you could certainly get one for around that. Back then they were more competitive (when other SUVs had tight 3rd rows and less powerful engines) and notably cheaper.

Like I said about it going soft, the competition has massively caught up as well. The Denali in the fleet trounces that thing in every single way except extreme off road capability----for $40k less. Forty grand. The sticker was 82k, though it was gently used. It has better wood, is much more spacious inside and comfortable, and that Corvette V8 snarl you'll get addicted to really fast. IDC if it doesn't blow anyone away with numbers anymore, the thing is a hoot to drive..
Oh it's way worse if you factor for inflation too, it's insane how much the rest of the field has caught up and this new one is just insane in the bad way....
Old Today | 04:51 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Striker223
And they seriously think it will go up against a Range Rover? Comical.

You are going to be able to get an Autobiography with the mild hybrid TTV8 for less than this new Lexus that has a WAY better interior and features and is on a totally different level of performance on and off road to the tune of nearly 50% faster and better handling ON TOP OF outclassing it off road and having a split tail gate. Ultimate irony is that the Range Rover has the more reliable engine as well!

EDIT: God, the LX is a brick at speed, nearly 16.5 second 0-100 mph vs just under 11 sec for the Range Rover and 130mph barely even happens. That's an insane gap.
well maybe you should run down to your local Range Rover dealer and buy a autobiography first thing in the morning, then you can go onto the Range Rover forums and pound your chest like the CEO of ford Jim Farley. That would definitely be a good place for you.
Old Today | 04:55 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
well maybe you should run down to your local Range Rover dealer and buy a autobiography first thing in the morning, then you can go onto the Range Rover forums and pound your chest like the CEO of ford Jim Farley. That would definitely be a good place for you.
I'm an Audi guy sorry, if I got an SUV right now it would be a 1st Gen LX or G-wagon.

My dad however cross shopped the LX and Range Rover and there was zero contest, V8 won instantly
Old Today | 05:04 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Striker223
I'm an Audi guy sorry, if I got an SUV right now it would be a 1st Gen LX or G-wagon.

My dad however cross shopped the LX and Range Rover and there was zero contest, V8 won instantly
awesome. Maybe you can go out buy an autobiography, a first gen. LX, or a G-Wagon and then you can go stand out in your driveway and make sure everyone knows that you bought “ the best” and Lexus is absolute trash. Then you can go over to your forum of choice and pound your chest. I think the Mercedes or the Range Rover forum is a great place for you.
Old Today | 05:13 PM
Lwerewolf
Racer

Originally Posted by MPalmer
I don't know about where you live, but right now all of the actual Taxis driving in Los Angeles are majority Prius. Their suspensions are gone and the ride like crap (RIP Crown Victoria, you are missed) but they all have hundreds of thousands of miles and have been abused for over a decade at this point in their service lives. This makes me hopeful for Toyota's hybrid systems (3.4 twin turbo V6 engine problems not withstanding).
The prius is an HSD hybrid (input split PSD eCVT) - so are almost all the others, with slight "enhancements" for the GS/LS. All the Toyota turbo hybrids are "slot in a motor somewhere to make it a hybrid" hybrids.
Old Today | 05:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

To be clear, that LX at 136k is a fully loaded UL model which are very rare. An LX is quite well equipped at about $110k.

Back when the LX was $90k loaded, that was also Range Rover money. Time have changed.
Old Today | 05:55 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

you know the old saying, “ if you have to ask you can not afford it”. Or , “ if you’re complaining you can not afford it”. If you think the Yukon Denali is so much better than the LX for $ 40,000.00 less than tomorrow morning rush right down to your local General Motors dealer and buy the Yukon Denali ultimate. Then you can come back on the forum tell everyone how much better your Yukon Denali ultimate is than the lx , and how glorious that v-8 corvette sound is. Since the LX is way to expensive and it is trash please put your money where your mouth is and go buy the Denali ultimate and please report back to everyone to tell us how it is the greatest SUV out there and it is far superior to the LX.

better yet, go check out the Cadillac Escalade V at $ 160,000.00, that should really blow the trash LX away.

Quick Reply: 2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models