Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models

Search this Thread

Old Today | 06:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker223
Probably similar to a Prius, not the end of the world and I would normally say the gas savings cover it but it sure as hell won't here.
s
There are other things too. Inverters, coolants, cooling fans for the batter X3. All the wiring, lots to go wrong out of warranty. Oh and there is the sandwiched electric motor. Toyota hybrids in their trucks and SUVs still have the starter motor so you don’t save on that. The MPG isn’t even worth taking about. And you need premium fuel LOL. Increased maintenance too
Old Today | 06:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Have you ever driven an LC500h? I bet after driving it you wouldn't have.
has ANYONE here driven an lc500h? they're as rare as unicorns.

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
You could fill up on gas once every 4 months
ha, good one.
i think the lc500h range is 600+mi.!

Originally Posted by Motorola
I'm sure there will be even more complaints when the price is announced. Given the price of the current model, I wouldn't be surprised to see this new one hit the $150K mark.
exactly. at that price, no way.

Originally Posted by AJT123
I don’t want said extra power from batteries bc Uncle Sam forced it, I want extra power from the engine.
too late, the market is now demanding hybrids.

None of this is really the automakers’ faults—- it’s regulations that will be hopefully rolled back eventually. We might get real cars back, I haven’t lost hope.
i highly doubt CAFE regulations are going to be rolled back as they not only stringent in the u.s. but most of the world, and car makers don't make (many) cars just for the u.s. market.

Would my 04 still be on the road if it were built in 2004 as a hybrid with a battery?
without question given how little you drive it.
Old Today | 06:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i think the lc500h range is 600+mi.!
644 miles. If you drive it for 12,000 miles per year (average) That is 19 fill ups at 5 minutes a fill up. You’d spend 95 minutes (total) at the gas station in one year. I will say it is pretty dumb the LC500h is not a V8. (When they already have your V8 married to a battery in the LS600h). And why no mechanical torsen diff awd in the LC?

Last edited by Toys4RJill; Today at 06:24 PM.
Old Today | 06:25 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
awesome. Maybe you can go out buy an autobiography, a first gen. LX, or a G-Wagon and then you can go stand out in your driveway and make sure everyone knows that you bought “ the best” and Lexus is absolute trash. Then you can go over to your forum of choice and pound your chest. I think the Mercedes or the Range Rover forum is a great place for you.

Already did that. The 460 stayed though since it's a special car and one of their best efforts, it's my wife's daily.
Old Today | 06:26 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

you know the old saying, “ if you have to ask you can not afford it”. Or , “ if you’re complaining you can not afford it”. If you think the Yukon Denali is so much better than the LX for $ 40,000.00 less than tomorrow morning rush right down to your local General Motors dealer and buy the Yukon Denali ultimate. Then you can come back on the forum tell everyone how much better your Yukon Denali ultimate is than the lx , and how glorious that v-8 corvette sound is. Since the LX is way to expensive and it is trash please put your money where your mouth is and go buy the Denali ultimate and please report back to everyone to tell us how it is the greatest SUV out there and it is far superior to the LX.

better yet, go check out the Cadillac Escalade V at $ 160,000.00, that should really blow the trash LX away.
He did, he has one.
Old Today | 06:38 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Already did that. The 460 stayed though since it's a special car and one of their best efforts, it's my wife's daily.
‘you need to ditch that Jaguar and buy a V12 Jag
Old Today | 06:50 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

you know the old saying, “ if you have to ask you can not afford it”. Or , “ if you’re complaining you can not afford it”. If you think the Yukon Denali is so much better than the LX for $ 40,000.00 less than tomorrow morning rush right down to your local General Motors dealer and buy the Yukon Denali ultimate.
The Ultimate is near 100k and frankly for suckers. Might as well get an Escalade for that, or not that much more. But people buy them. A regular Denali is plenty, luxury wise. It's more luxurious inside than the LX600. LX600 feels cramped, and Lexus isn't the only one that can do buttons and switches buttery anymore. Still shocked at how nice it is inside, how GM finally took it seriously. It's even over the top inside where the LX isn't.

Then you can come back on the forum tell everyone how much better your Yukon Denali ultimate is than the lx , and how glorious that v-8 corvette sound is. Since the LX is way to expensive and it is trash please put your money where your mouth is and go buy the Denali ultimate and please report back to everyone to tell us how it is the greatest SUV out there and it is far superior to the LX.
Look dude, LX is no longer competitive. The old one was a solid choice in the times.

LX600 for $134k doesn't even have power running boards which is absolutely unacceptable. They are there in the Denali and you get spoiled by them fast. For 52 grand less.

It's cramped inside and cockpit-oriented which isn't a good thing in a large SUV. Half the reason the Denali is so luxurious is because it is so huge and spacious inside. There is nothing in an LX600 that wows me, or would make me want to dump my 570 for one.

And would you rather have a recalled 3.4 twin turbo V6 or a NA 6.2L V8 with 420hp, that, yes, is a detuned Corvette engine, in your SUV? Honestly.....

Last edited by AJT123; Today at 07:13 PM.
Old Today | 06:56 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

I like the 460. Personally the other vehicles don’t do it for me. Anymore vehicles you can post to the forum please do, I know it makes your ego feel better.

i will say you have a stable of great grocery getters. Awesome lineup.
Old Today | 06:59 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

He did, he has one.
yep. The Cadillac Escalade V, my dream SUV. I can’t stop thinking about it. I actually wish I could afford one so I could pump up my fragile ego.
Old Today | 07:06 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

The Ultimate is near 100k and frankly for suckers. Might as well get an Escalade for that, or not that much more. But people buy them. A regular Denali is plenty, luxury wise. It's more luxurious inside than the LX600. LX600 feels cramped, and Lexus isn't the only one that can do buttons and switches buttery anymore. Still shocked at how nice it is inside, how GM finally took it seriously. For example, it's even over the top inside where the LX isn't. Here are seven stitched areas just on the door. It's 2 years old and still smells leathery and newish inside.

Look dude, LX is no longer competitive. The old one was a solid choice in the times.

LX600 for $134k doesn't even have power running boards which is absolutely unacceptable. They are there in the Denali and you get spoiled by them fast. For 52 grand less.

It's cramped inside and cockpit-oriented which isn't a good thing in a large SUV. Half the reason the Denali is so luxurious is because it is so huge and spacious inside. There is nothing in an LX600 that wows me, or would make me want to dump my 570 for one.

And would you rather have a recalled 3.4 twin turbo V6 or a NA 6.2L V8 with 420hp, that, yes, is a detuned Corvette engine, in your SUV? Honestly.....
ok dude. I guess I better run right down to my local General Motors dealer first thing in the morning. I just can’t function properly without that 6.2 L detuned V8 corvette engine and the rolls Royce like interior.
Old Today | 07:16 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

ok dude. I guess I better run right down to my local General Motors dealer first thing in the morning. I just can’t function properly without that 6.2 L detuned V8 corvette engine and the rolls Royce like interior.
If you want to save well into 4 figures, go right down to GMC, yes.

LX offers nothing these days except hardcore off road capability.

You can't even play the reliability card anymore, the engine is recalled garbage.
Old Today | 07:17 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

yep. The Cadillac Escalade V, my dream SUV. I can’t stop thinking about it. I actually wish I could afford one so I could pump up my fragile ego.
It is my dream SUV, no shame.

I don't have an ego because I like big fast trucks.
Old Today | 07:19 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

If you want to save well into 4 figures, go right down to GMC, yes.

LX offers nothing these days except hardcore off road capability.

You can't even play the reliability card anymore, the engine is recalled garbage.
ok dude. I’ll be at my General Motors dealership at 8:00 am tomorrow morning so I can get that detuned corvette engine and that Bentley interior. I’ll have a hard time sleeping tonight I’m so excited.
Old Today | 07:20 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

It is my dream SUV, no shame.

I don't have an ego because I like big fast trucks.
more power to you.
Old Today | 07:35 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

‘you need to ditch that Jaguar and buy a V12 Jag
That ones not mine, that's my friends XJR X350 generation

Quick Reply: 2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models