Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models

Search this Thread

Old Today | 07:36 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
I like the 460. Personally the other vehicles don’t do it for me. Anymore vehicles you can post to the forum please do, I know it makes your ego feel better.

i will say you have a stable of great grocery getters. Awesome lineup.
Try them, it's amazing when you experience the silk power of a 12 or a TTV8 on E40 fuel at 150+ while getting a massage.....then you can instantly switch modes and go as smooth and quieter than a LS with way better assists and luxury. I started with Lexus but they failed to provide me an upgrade path when they canceled their TTV8 so I left.

I'll be getting an R8 soon and I'll make sure to post that just for you man!
Old Today | 07:43 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

yep. The Cadillac Escalade V, my dream SUV. I can’t stop thinking about it. I actually wish I could afford one so I could pump up my fragile ego.
https://open.spotify.com/track/22p0G...QQm1ezLmIqbYDQ

You gots to pump it up! I'm EGO MAXXING so I can have an R8 before I'm 30
Old Today | 07:46 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

i opened your Spotify link. My iPad crashed
Old Today | 07:48 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toys4RJill
i opened your Spotify link. My iPad crashed
Oh I'm sorry, it was a direct link to "pump it up" by Endor aka peak old club music

EDIT: crap it was the wrong song, Densel or something like that is the correct artist

Last edited by Striker223; Today at 08:02 PM.
Old Today | 07:51 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Striker223
Try them, it's amazing when you experience the silk power of a 12 or a TTV8 on E40 fuel at 150+ while getting a massage.....then you can instantly switch modes and go as smooth and quieter than a LS with way better assists and luxury. I started with Lexus but they failed to provide me an upgrade path when they canceled their TTV8 so I left.

I'll be getting an R8 soon and I'll make sure to post that just for you man!
please do, I can’t wait. I’m going to have sleepless nights.
Old Today | 07:53 PM
BayeauxLex
Racer

I have 3 buddies, 2 of them close friends who all had Escalades and they stated they were the WORST vehicle they ever owned.

1 friend AC had to be replaced $2500. Plus 2 transmission jobs at $5500 a pop. Traded for a Lexus LX 570

2nd friend said his Escalade was the worse vehicle he’s ever owned. Always stay in the service shop. Traded for a Tundra.

3rd buddy: He said the service department knew him by first name. Luckily his Escalade was under warranty. Got rid of it.

The 6.2 is strong but seems like the overall reliability isn’t there or hit or miss

Almost forgot my friend drives a ‘18 Denali and he made me aware of the known LED taillight failure where you have to buy entire new tail lamp assembly (he bought a used tail lamp from eBay for around $600). Also his air suspension went out as well. Truck at the time was under 75k miles.
Old Today | 07:54 PM
MPalmer
CL Editor

I don't mean to comment on the argument or fan any digital flames, but as a side note and said as earnestly as humanly possible, I got to drive the Escalade V for a week this summer and it's genuinely wonderful.
  • The luxury elements are world-class (The 2024 model is perfect and they may be overdoing it as they add more screens next year), which also applies to the standard 6.2 Escalade. It's genuinely nicer than the LX, as much as I enjoy testing and driving Lexus products. IMHO.
  • The Escalade V sounds bonkers... like a C7 Corvette with an aftermarket exhaust.
  • It's quick, but so heavy the feeling of acceleration is more like a naturally aspirated Mustang/Corvette/GenCamaro rather than the supercharged variant. Quick for most people, but not for C8 Corvette / sports car folks. The Raptor R is actually faster and better in the corners because it has a wider track.
Old Today | 08:03 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BayeauxLex
I have 3 buddies, 2 of them close friends who all had Escalades and they stated they were the WORST vehicle they ever owned.

1 friend AC had to be replaced $2500. Plus 2 transmission jobs at $5500 a pop. Traded for a Lexus LX 570

2nd friend said his Escalade was the worse vehicle he’s ever owned. Always stay in the service shop. Traded for a Tundra.

3rd buddy: He said the service department knew him by first name. Luckily his Escalade was under warranty. Got rid of it.

The 6.2 is strong but seems like the overall reliability isn’t there or hit or miss

Almost forgot my friend drives a ‘18 Denali and he made me aware of the known LED taillight failure where you have to buy entire new tail lamp assembly (he bought a used tail lamp from eBay for around $600). Also his air suspension went out as well. Truck at the time was under 75k miles.
I’m all over it. I’m going to be at the local GM dealership first thing in the morning. I’m actually going to have trouble sleeping tonight I’m so excited.
Old Today | 08:05 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPalmer
I don't mean to comment on the argument or fan any digital flames, but as a side note and said as earnestly as humanly possible, I got to drive the Escalade V for a week this summer and it's genuinely wonderful.
  • The luxury elements are world-class (The 2024 model is perfect and they may be overdoing it as they add more screens next year), which also applies to the standard 6.2 Escalade. It's genuinely nicer than the LX, as much as I enjoy testing and driving Lexus products. IMHO.
  • The Escalade V sounds bonkers... like a C7 Corvette with an aftermarket exhaust.
  • It's quick, but so heavy the feeling of acceleration is more like a naturally aspirated Mustang/Corvette/GenCamaro rather than the supercharged variant. Quick for most people, but not for C8 Corvette / sports car folks. The Raptor R is actually faster and better in the corners because it has a wider track.
Amen to that and that is what we are talking about, the LX is by no means a bad car.....it's just fallen behind and they are asking insane money for it to boot.
Old Today | 08:09 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Striker223
Amen to that and that is what we are talking about, the LX is by no means a bad car.....it's just fallen behind and they are asking insane money for it to boot.
as I said, you guys have convinced me to be at my local General Motors dealership first thing in the morning. I’m so excited I can’t think straight.
Old Today | 08:43 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

awesome. Maybe you can go out buy an autobiography, a first gen. LX, or a G-Wagon and then you can go stand out in your driveway and make sure everyone knows that you bought “ the best” and Lexus is absolute trash. Then you can go over to your forum of choice and pound your chest. I think the Mercedes or the Range Rover forum is a great place for you.
as I said, you guys have convinced me to be at my local General Motors dealership first thing in the morning. I’m so excited I can’t think straight.
Weren't you in the middle of trading in your LX for a Ford Bronco just a few months ago? While making that whole thread to "pound your chest" about how your experience with Lexus has been trash and you're selling off all the ones you own?

Last edited by Motorola; Today at 08:51 PM.
Old Today | 09:01 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Motorola
Weren't you in the middle of trading in your LX for a Ford Bronco just a few months ago? While making that whole thread to "pound your chest" about how your experience with Lexus has been trash and you're selling off all the ones you own?
actually yes, that was last year. Although I was trading in my ford bronco due to my bad experience with ford motor company over problems I had with 2 Shelby mustangs that where still under warranty.

my bad experience wasn’t with Lexus, it was with ford. I apologize for the confusion.
Old Today | 09:05 PM
Motorola
Lexus Test Driver

actually yes, that was last year. Although I was trading in my ford bronco due to my bad experience with ford motor company over problems I had with 2 Shelby mustangs that where still under warranty.

my bad experience wasn’t with Lexus, it was with ford. I apologize for the confusion.
Literally not a single word of this is true lol

Seems to me like you just like switching sides whenever you want to argue lol
Old Today | 09:07 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

if I posted the thread trading in the LX for a ford bronco that was a mistake, it was the other way around. I actually had such a terrible experience with ford last summer that I got rid of my ford bronco and my ford raptor. I purchased a LX 600 and a 1794 limited edition tundra to replace them. That’s how bad my experience was with ford. I did keep the GT 350 R and the GT 500 CFTP only because ford stopped producing them. I actually did not drive them at all this summer. I actually spent time driving my LC 500 and my RCF track edition this summer. I am very unhappy with ford.
Old Today | 09:14 PM
Ftcgsf
Intermediate

Literally not a single word of this is true lol

Seems to me like you just like switching sides whenever you want to argue lol
yes, that is the RCF track edition I purchased back in march. I had a terrible experience with Lexus of Arlington. After it was all said and done Lexus corporate did help me out and got things straightened out. The dealership experience was terrible, Lexus corporate was great, and I love the RCF. Added a GT haus full exhaust system to it , sounds awesome, and put pilot cup 2 tires on it. Handles fantastic.

Quick Reply: 2025 Lexus LX Debuts 700h & Overtrail Models