Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

oh my goodness. (Paint on MB Interior)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-03, 09:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

LOL !!
Old 11-29-03, 12:29 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is up with the rose on the dash?
Old 11-29-03, 02:59 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, this gives the owner a perfect excuse to cover everything in the cabin with the Gucci or Louis Vuitton logo A quick repaint of the dash, and this car's good to go on an online auction site
Old 11-29-03, 08:15 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really don't see him trying to clean it...better off replacing everything imo.

- on a side note, we got some outstanding owns out of it.
Old 11-29-03, 09:17 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by squarehat
A quick repaint of the dash, and this car's good to go on an online auction site
Yep...ebay here it comes!
Old 11-30-03, 01:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

man that is going 2 b a mightmare 2 got off, if it can b taken off, i really feel bad 4 the kid even if it was his fault i would never wish that on anyone, i hope his insurance would take care of it, cus a detail shopmight cost 2 much and than leave it half done and than he still has 2 go 2 insurance,,,just tank the interior and pay the deductable..get a new interior...
Old 11-30-03, 06:21 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Some thing fishy about this story. Look at the scotch tape behind the passenger seat. If he got the paint from, let's say Home Depot along with the Scotch tape. I mean they will put the spray paint and the Scotch tape in the same bag, right???. Where is the HD's bag ?.
Why did he move the passenger seat and puncture the spray can? Most of the car will have some protection/plastic cover at the end of the seat track. This way if the driver or passenger moving their seats by accident it will not injure the rear passenger. Think about if you are sitting in the rear seat and somebody move the seat/adjust the seat and your foot just have to be under the seat track. Plus most of the part under the front seats are covered/ protected for this reason.
Most of the paints are on the steering wheel and a little more on the center console and some on the door. Not the back seat where the scotch tape is located.
O.K, imagine you're removing that spray paint under the passenger seat and you have to get it from the driver side( crawling or twist your body or bend over and try to get that paint). When the pressure of the puncture spray paint is release, most of the paint will be on the back seat not the steering and an opened driver door. Just my .02
Attached Thumbnails oh my goodness. (Paint on MB Interior)-img_0031.jpg  
Old 11-30-03, 07:01 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

so u think its an insurance job so he can redo his interior 4 $500.00 bucks....
Old 11-30-03, 07:43 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well with cloth that ugly, I don't blame him for trying. No, insurance fraud . I bet it would work though.

James
Old 12-07-03, 06:55 PM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Default Re: Myt owned pic owns the owned pics

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
OMG!!!! FUNNY $#%!!!
Old 12-08-03, 06:06 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by VVT-i
Some thing fishy about this story. Look at the scotch tape behind the passenger seat. If he got the paint from, let's say Home Depot along with the Scotch tape. I mean they will put the spray paint and the Scotch tape in the same bag, right???. Where is the HD's bag ?.
Why did he move the passenger seat and puncture the spray can? Most of the car will have some protection/plastic cover at the end of the seat track. This way if the driver or passenger moving their seats by accident it will not injure the rear passenger. Think about if you are sitting in the rear seat and somebody move the seat/adjust the seat and your foot just have to be under the seat track. Plus most of the part under the front seats are covered/ protected for this reason.
Most of the paints are on the steering wheel and a little more on the center console and some on the door. Not the back seat where the scotch tape is located.
O.K, imagine you're removing that spray paint under the passenger seat and you have to get it from the driver side( crawling or twist your body or bend over and try to get that paint). When the pressure of the puncture spray paint is release, most of the paint will be on the back seat not the steering and an opened driver door. Just my .02
That's very observant of you! I think you're right....smells funny when you reanalyze the situation.
Old 12-08-03, 06:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I found this on Saturday! I was looking like OHMYGOD!

I told another member as I was getting ready to post, and he said it would be a repost!! (Jimmy you bastard!! LOL)

Anyhow I read furhter down on Saturday, and this guy got a whole new interior with a 100 deductible, lucky man.

Also, this thread spread ALL over the world, it had members from fourms I didnt know existed loggin on (Alero Forum, Girl Racer Forum, etc). Guys from Australia, etc etc.

Now THATS what I called OWNED!!
Old 12-08-03, 09:06 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

man i wondor what happen with this guys car ?
Old 12-09-03, 04:19 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank GS4fun, well on page one or two he was mention about the new leather interior. On page 18 he got the 2 tones leather for $100.00. On the top of page 19 he explained how he removed the spray can. Oh, please reread my earlier post about how he should get his spray can out( from the driver seat). If you look at the picture, NO PAINT on the scotch tape at all.
On page 20 or 21 he stated that his arm is not the robot arm to keep the paint steady... I don't know why he said that. But I'm sure Mbworld got at least 100 new members just for this.
P.S, one more thing he can get the insurance money to upgrade his stero too. I think the OEM stero from MB is very expensive and he can just take the cash, then go buy some nice head unit.

Last edited by VVT-i; 12-09-03 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-10-03, 01:56 PM
LexFather

I read it has over 330k views. Incredible. And there are forums all over the world reading this dumbie.

Quick Reply: oh my goodness. (Paint on MB Interior)