Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why the disrespect? (Vandalism)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-03, 11:37 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why such disrespect?

After a nice thanksgiving, which included many meals and lots of laughs ( I hope everyone had a similar time) I take a look at my car and I noticed a nice big fat scratch in the front bumper cover. It looks like someone couldn't parallel park too well. The paint from the scratch didn't match the car in front of me so they must have made a quick getaway. To make matters worse it looks as if someone had spit on the car as well. Whether it was by accident I'm not sure but I ask why such disrespect for other peoples belongings? Whether it be a car, truck or tricycle I try to show the same level of care and respect I would with my own property. It is a shame you can no longer have something nice and keep it that way.

Last edited by Technics; 11-30-03 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-30-03, 12:51 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. I know that at least at my thanksgivings everyone there is family. I really hope you had SOME strangers at the event because if that was from family or friends you gopt some people that you need to check. Find out who had a car that color and track em down.

James
Old 11-30-03, 12:56 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

dam dude. sorry about what happen, its beem happening a lot lately, i hope u can take care of it...
Old 11-30-03, 03:00 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by jet864
Sorry to hear about that. I know that at least at my thanksgivings everyone there is family. I really hope you had SOME strangers at the event because if that was from family or friends you gopt some people that you need to check. Find out who had a car that color and track em down.

James
I know it wasn't any family members.
It's just not safe to park your whip on the street anymore.
Old 11-30-03, 09:48 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Technics,

I feel for ya man, it's happened to me as well... someone's scratched up my front bar, I've got a scratch (hideously deep) on the LHS rear quarter, how many idiots backing into my rear bumper in carparks (stripped the paint off in some cases), got two tiny trolley dings too... the worst though? Some bastard has deliberately gotten to my trunklid and scratched the WHOLE thing, seems to be done with fine sandpaper or something...

and I bought the car with two touch up spots... the rest was immaculate... if only I had the chance to confront these [LANGUAGE EDIT] they'd be sent straight to the funeral parlour...

Sorry for venting.

Jose

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-01-03 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-30-03, 10:35 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

There's a [LANGUAGE EDIT]scratch on my rear passenger door. I dont know where and how it happened, but damn those people.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-01-03 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-30-03, 11:14 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive had gum on my windsheild, that was obviously intentionally put there.... because it was drug across the windshield as they did it.... haters
Old 12-01-03, 07:18 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,479 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally posted by Soarer_25GTT
I feel for ya man, it's happened to me as well... someone's scratched up my front bar, I've got a scratch (hideously deep) on the LHS rear quarter, how many idiots backing into my rear bumper in carparks (stripped the paint off in some cases), got two tiny trolley dings too... the worst though? Some bastard has deliberately gotten to my trunklid and scratched the WHOLE thing, seems to be done with fine sandpaper or something...
That's terrible. Where are you? (I wish CL had more options that U.S. or International for country.)
Old 12-01-03, 07:25 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

people cant respect anything nice, I took my gf out to starbucks one night, it was in a teen hangout stop, i parked my car right out front, and when i come back someone had stuck gum to the trunk lid... i hate how people cant respect other peoples property.

Kevin
Old 12-01-03, 08:58 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Soarer_25GTT
Technics,

and I bought the car with two touch up spots... the rest was immaculate... if only I had the chance to confront these [LANGUAGE EDIT] they'd be sent straight to the funeral parlour...

Sorry for venting.

Jose
Man, that's crazy to hear someone would take sandpaper to your trunk!. Cowards.......
My rear bumper has been tagged a couple of times as well. I see a complete paint job in my future.
Old 12-01-03, 02:08 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the gum is pretty annoying, especially when you are out somewhere and cant clean it off properly... your fingers get sticky and you drive home with crap on your windshield
Old 12-01-03, 02:37 PM
2Lexus430s
Lexus Test Driver

I know the feeling very well. 2 weeks after purchasing my H2 hummer someone spray painted "SMOG GOD" on my hood and doors.

I had a SC400 that someone hit in a parking lot and left, then 1 week after repairing it someone hit the otherside and left.

My CL55 AMG MB I had someone keyed the driver side down to the metal

on my S55 someone backed into my door and drove off..
Old 12-01-03, 04:42 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 2Lexus430s
I know the feeling very well. 2 weeks after purchasing my H2 hummer someone spray painted "SMOG GOD" on my hood and doors.

I had a SC400 that someone hit in a parking lot and left, then 1 week after repairing it someone hit the otherside and left.

My CL55 AMG MB I had someone keyed the driver side down to the metal

on my S55 someone backed into my door and drove off..
Wow, am I reading this correctly.... You once had a Hummer H2, SC400, CL55 AMG MB & S55 MB... Now you have a '04 SC430, '04 LS430, '03 GMC Denalli????? Your mulitple garage's must look beautiful with those new cars inside... Care to share some pics for us envious members...
Old 12-02-03, 04:17 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks guys, what's been done is done (unfortunately)

That's terrible. Where are you? (I wish CL had more options that U.S. or International for country.)
Bit,
I live in Australia (Sydney), nice place to live, just don't park your car on the street I guess

Man, that's crazy to hear someone would take sandpaper to your trunk!. Cowards.......
Tell me about it... The Soarer was basically immaculate... I was also thinking of selling/trading in the Soarer for a 98/99 GS300 sometime soon but after what happened I couldn't be bothered buying something even more expensive now for fear of jealous cowards... it's very lightly sanded though... the gloss on the trunk is bad compared to the rest of the car (and I'm on original paintwork)... it looks like a respray is on the cards
Old 12-02-03, 07:34 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

people are jealous.

Quick Reply: Why the disrespect? (Vandalism)