Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus haters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03, 11:41 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats interesting, I went to school in a not very weathly part of town and I expected everyone to be jealous to me because of my car. But what the exact opposite happened and everyone ended up being very cool there. I learned trick is to not mention it and let people ask first, just be humble and let them find out what you drive. Plus, chicks love a humble guy (heh and they love those lex's)

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-29-03 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-29-03, 10:49 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

it depends u will always get hate here and there , if they chagne teh subject than don't bring it up again, they know what u just got...i just drive and if they hate me or love i treat them same and stay humble never screaming out what i just got..well except here here on cl i consider it shareing not bragging ,depends on how u do it. i share and love 4 other 2 share what they have gotten...if u bragg what u have gotten than noone will like u ...well enjoy the new beast, any pics?..come on share
Old 12-29-03, 11:06 AM
Kameha
Driver School Candidate

There is one pic in my signature. Copy and paste it. I have more if you want.

I think there are two sides to a Lexus. One is the fact that once you own one, it is just a car (although much better then I had anticipated). The other is the Lexus mystique (luxury car). Some people may believe that since it is a luxury car it is unobtainable with a normal budget.
Old 12-29-03, 11:15 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Kameha
There is one pic in my signature. Copy and paste it. I have more if you want.

I think there are two sides to a Lexus. One is the fact that once you own one, it is just a car (although much better then I had anticipated). The other is the Lexus mystique (luxury car). Some people may believe that since it is a luxury car it is unobtainable with a normal budget.
great point...many don't understand they can get one instead of a new 2002 or 2003 honda or nissan..
Old 12-29-03, 12:53 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Lexus haters?

A good portion of my “friends” and acquaintances do not congratulate me on my new purchase. In fact, they immediately change the subject![/url]
Congrats on the purchase. Obviously....these ppl are NOT your "friends". Your new friends are all here on ClubLexus.

Welcome bro.

Pete
Old 12-29-03, 10:12 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

I've mostly got good comments & admiration; one lady @ work says "Hi, Mr. L", since this is my second Lexus. There was 1 hater, I guess - don't know who, but they peeled out in the gravel lot and sprayed the back/driver's side of my RX330 w/ rocks, which resulted in numerous chips, when it was 5 days old. But it's all fixed, just like the movie Christine!
Old 12-29-03, 11:20 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anytime some one asks me what kinda car i have i simply tell them its a sc300, most people will say ok and leave it at that. then there are the few that ask who makes it. I dont like going around saying i got a lexus, i grew up with a family that gloated about new cars and stuff, so i quickly learned not to.
Old 12-30-03, 05:51 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Lexus haters?

With a couple of exceptions, most of the people on this Lexus forum (myself included) try to be friendly, reasonable, etc... and we DO congragulate our new members and their purchases. Want further proof ?..........talk to some ( but not all ) of the people who drive BMW's and Mustang GT / Cobras. Although there are indeed some nice ones there, too, overall, they don't impress me one bit...they really make you appreciate this forum.
Old 12-30-03, 10:50 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Exactly. I am not loaded either - but I am a personal trainer and want a nice car to go along with the rest of the facade...lol. Your right, the first question is not: do you like it? But, it is: how much did you pay for it? If I say 12g they usually say, “Oh, I could have got that”. If I say more, they just stare at the car..lol.
I never give anyone a straight answer to this annoying question. Why the hell should I? Let them do their own research like I did. I usually give evasive answers like, "a couple dollars", or simply ask them why they want to know....the reaction to that is always funny. People just stare at you with a dumbfounded look.

Last edited by ebruce2; 12-30-03 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-30-03, 10:56 AM
Kameha
Driver School Candidate

Nice ebruce, thats what I want to do also.
Old 12-30-03, 11:03 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Nice ebruce, thats what I want to do also.
dude, seriously give it a try the next time this happens. It's hilarious. I actually had some loser I didn't even know ask me how much I paid for my car and I told him, "a couple dollars"....he actually got pi$$ed at me. He said, " Oh, I guess you just feel like you don't have to tell me or something"

Damned right I don't .

Last edited by ebruce2; 12-30-03 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-30-03, 11:15 AM
Kameha
Driver School Candidate

I will. I can’t tell you how sick I am of that question. A lot of the time I can tell they want to ask it but they don’t. There is that 2 second stall - then the next question.
Old 12-30-03, 12:37 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When I get asked how much I payed for my ride....I just tell them one of these: "I payed too much".....OR...."You don't want to know"....OR....."I don't remember". Somehow...they get the hint that I'm not going to tell them any dollar figure.