Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura - What's wrong??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-04, 10:19 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, so i joined just to say something about this thread. My friend with an is300 is a member and even he thought this was a stupid thread. Come on, everyone knows that people buy a lexus just for the name. In terms of exterior looks...all lexus cars are bland and unappealing (excluding the LS430..now thats a lux car). All your really paying for in a lexus is the name. I've asked my friends or even some relatives why they bought it and they just say the bought it for the name. They don't think its the best looking car in the world in terms of looks and performance but they buy it just cuz its a lex. It's funny because whenever there is an argument about materials used in a lexus compared to lets say acura, the main argument you hear from a lex owner is (my wood trim is real and yours is fake). Oh wow...like anyone really cares if its real or not. If it looks nice, then who cares. It's not like your gonna go to people saying 'oh..my cars better because i have real wood'. My friend and I always compared my former TL-S to his is300. The pros in the TL were way more than the is300. The only real advantage of the IS is that its rear wheel drive. The IS is slow, its small, and the exterior design looks cheap (for a lex anyway) I mean the rear lights are cheap altezza lights. Now if we were to compare the NEW TL and the ES330 or even the is300, the TL wins is terms of looks , performance, price and technology. The only thing the other 2 win is the better interior materials. Okay, so your saying to yourself, the tl is fwd and it has alot of torque steer. Ive driven the new tl and there was no sign of torque steer even at full wot. It is an overall good car and is actually worth every penny of what you pay. I won't disagree with you guys when you say the lexus brand name is better than acura, but that doesnt mean that acura isnt competition. They are a good company and if they were really trying to beat lexus, then they probably would have done so already. To address acura not having a v8 in their line up; Honda/acura has always been known for their engines with the way they can make a small engine into a high performance engine. There is no real need for a v8 if acura can get the same results with a v6, which is also more gas saving.

On a side note addressed to ROMINL

Why are you even a moderator on the Acuraworld forums if all you do is try to put acura down? I know you didnt have the best experience with your TL-S but it doesnt mean that you have to be so against acura. Also, I dont know what TL you were test driving, but there is no evident torque steer in an auto TL. Its very well balanced. Your a moderator so im sure you read most of the posts on acuraworld. I never heard an owner complaining about torque steer or whatever else you were saying

Last edited by Xenthar; 01-31-04 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-31-04, 10:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Guys,

We've had enough strife in this thread. I welcome the new members who joined to post on this topic, but please note we don't tolerate trolling on our forums. Please be civil in your further discussions on ClubLexus, our general rules are located here. .

Both Acura and Lexus make fine autos. There are pros and cons to each one of them. The new TL is an exceptional value and a great looking car IMO.

I'm closing this thread with a picture of my household's Lexus and Acura, both wonderful cars