Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bangle on His Way Out ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-04, 07:03 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EGainer
am i the only one who thinks bangle cant design cars.... but now i like the 745 and the 5 series is.... eh jk bout that one... but the 7 is nice now, x3 looks not cool though..... and that new 3 that was posted in this thread..... i could deal with that, but it's venturing far from the current 3....

so yea... opinions from eric....

7, hot (headlights shouldnt have such a saggy look though)
5, eh, from head on, its kinda ok... too much flare on the headlights
current 3, kinda fish eye looking on the front, i actually prefer the 2002 3 headlights to current ones
x5, its cool
x3, too goofy looking in the front, good idea though
m3, HOT
m5, only thing that makes a 5 even worth looking at
z4, growing on me, liking it more and more
z8,
No, I like the current cars. As you said, the x3 is sort of blah, but to someone looking at the type of car, I'm sure it's appealing. I think all the cars look great.
Old 01-18-04, 10:49 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Bangle has bungled but whoever came up with iDrive should be shot.
Old 01-18-04, 10:00 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Bangle on His Way Out ?-banglified.jpg  
Old 01-18-04, 10:02 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

I heard during the Summer of 2003 that the "re-designed" 7 Series was to appear in November. I waited, I watched, I was dissappointed! Honestly, inasmuch as the old 7 Series was not appealing to my eye either, this new 7 Series was just plain hideous. It's been out for over a year now and has not grown on me, which means it will never grow on me. I hope the re-design plans are still in the works.

Being an avid BMW enthusiats, I look forward to the day when Bangle's "visionary" influence is a thing of the past. My big concern will then be, who will they get to fix the mess?
Old 01-19-04, 01:23 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

How long has Bangle been ****ing up BMW's? I don't know much about BMW as a company.

As for his designs (asuming hes only designed the new cars)

7- May be impossible to drive but looks alot better then the old 7's
6- Is a damn sexy car
5- Nothing could replace the old five series (just like the GS) so for what it is its tight
X3- I actually like it, I saw it the other day at the dealership parked next to the X5 and they are both cool.
Z4- Sorry I didn't like the Z3 at all so its a step up

Unless hes trying to screw the company over then people should cut him some slack. Recently it seems luxury car makers are starting to drive what they've build up right into the ground. Not to mention look at some of the other stuff on the road today; The aztech, rendezvous, and the abortion named amanti.

I say if anyone should be ostracized from the auto world it should be whoever is in charge of Buick. Remember Buick? ...No? oh... well they make cars. Too bad they don't sell any of them to people under the age of 50.

[/endrant]
Old 01-19-04, 01:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

come to think about it, do you guys see a lot of new 5 on the road? man the car has been out for such a long time (i consider this pretty long), but i have only seen a handful of them on the road. i heard that bimmer is taking a pretty big hit on this. most of the people i talk to say that the car looks horrible....

e46 m3 and e39 m5.... thats where my love ends...
Old 01-19-04, 10:21 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by IVXX
How long has Bangle been ****ing up BMW's? I don't know much about BMW as a company.

As for his designs (asuming hes only designed the new cars)

7- May be impossible to drive but looks alot better then the old 7's
6- Is a damn sexy car
5- Nothing could replace the old five series (just like the GS) so for what it is its tight
X3- I actually like it, I saw it the other day at the dealership parked next to the X5 and they are both cool.
Z4- Sorry I didn't like the Z3 at all so its a step up

Unless hes trying to screw the company over then people should cut him some slack. Recently it seems luxury car makers are starting to drive what they've build up right into the ground. Not to mention look at some of the other stuff on the road today; The aztech, rendezvous, and the abortion named amanti.

I say if anyone should be ostracized from the auto world it should be whoever is in charge of Buick. Remember Buick? ...No? oh... well they make cars. Too bad they don't sell any of them to people under the age of 50.

[/endrant]
Hmmm... could it be that YOU are Chris Bangle posing as a CL member trying to justify your terrible work???

J/K - but I don't particularly love the new 6 Series, though I can see it has potential when modded. But that damn trunk!!!!! WTH was that moron thinking as regards the trunk of the 5, 6 and 7??? CRAP!
Old 01-19-04, 10:26 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

By the way guys, Chris Bangle DOES actually know how to design a great looking car. He is responsible for the E46 3 Series, including the E46 //M3!! So, the man actually DOES have a sence of class! Something must have happened while at BMW where he felt he needed to conspire to bring the company down with poor, non-innovative designs and terrible iDrive-like controls. Either that, or he has just been smoking too much sticky-green!
Old 01-19-04, 12:01 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok i drove to the bmw dealer today to look at the new 5 again.... sorry, but now i like it, the front has just grown on me.... i decided to drive there after a silver 5 passed me on the road, and i was like, damn, that car kinda looks cool... yea so go look at the 5 again, make sure you do it in person. the 5 series pictures i see, i think it looks like crap, then i go see it in real life and it looks cool and damn the 7 series is hot, so is the 6.

sorry, i just thought id say that i now like the way the 5 looks.

as far as the aztec, rendevous, and the amanti (which isnt that bad looking, its just a pathetic copy of an s type). these cars all fall into a certain class of love it or hate it... and when someone loves it, its a sure sale.... the pt cruiser is also one of these. 7 series and 5 are leading in that direction, but arent complete love it or hate it cars....
Old 01-19-04, 12:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by MSBoy
By the way guys, Chris Bangle DOES actually know how to design a great looking car. He is responsible for the E46 3 Series, including the E46 //M3!! So, the man actually DOES have a sence of class! Something must have happened while at BMW where he felt he needed to conspire to bring the company down with poor, non-innovative designs and terrible iDrive-like controls. Either that, or he has just been smoking too much sticky-green!
wait, bangle actually was the chief designer for the e46? i thought e46 was the LAST project done by the previous designer, and then bangle took over and came out with the 7, no?
Old 01-19-04, 12:39 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea i thought the new 7 was the first thing he designed....

speaking of bmw... here's some pics that i think make the cars look good (even though i said i dont like it in the pics)

but yes, here it looks TEH lame

Old 01-19-04, 01:14 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
come to think about it, do you guys see a lot of new 5 on the road? man the car has been out for such a long time (i consider this pretty long), but i have only seen a handful of them on the road. i heard that bimmer is taking a pretty big hit on this. most of the people i talk to say that the car looks horrible....

Price may also be finally catching up to Bavaria. But in a place where you see more M3's than Solara's, yeah, I have to say the new fives aren't exaclty flying off the lots.
Old 01-19-04, 01:19 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Right with you man....there's no love from me for the new 5 and probably the new 3, fugly
Old 01-19-04, 02:28 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love that headlight shot. I have not seen a lot of the 5s but I run into the 7s where I live quite often.
Old 01-19-04, 09:57 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

wait, bangle actually was the chief designer for the e46? i thought e46 was the LAST project done by the previous designer, and then bangle took over and came out with the 7, no?
Yup, Bangle designed the E46 3 Series. He has a brain. He just decided to stop using it. Glad I got my E46 right before the demise!

Quick Reply: Bangle on His Way Out ?