Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Afraid to leave Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-04, 10:37 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SexySC
It's a good idea to have at least one Lexus in your garage, but Infiniti has been consistently up there with Lexus in reliabilty & service over the years, and the FX45 is an awesome crossover if you don't need a lot of cargo space. If you plan to keep the car for a long time, resale value shouldn't be too much of a concern, or you can consider a used one.
The Sequoia is more practical but less fun, plus you don't get the quality, warranty and service of the Infiniti and Lexus.
I am with SexySC... I will always have a Lexus/ Toyota in my driveway, and right now I have a Nissan and Lexus and I love them both... I would say I would never own anything other then those two makers, but I would prob be lying... Now I can prob truthfully say I will only own an import

GL kutscher, its a tough call, but I can say Nissan / Infiniti are very reliable...
Shawn
Old 01-21-04, 04:41 PM
LexFather

To be honest, Lexus ownership has become the standard for me for almost all things. I noticed I am shopping at stores now that have "Lexus" level of customer service. It's like eating in your fav place or something.

All companies should be like this, not just car companies.

Old 01-22-04, 12:05 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what I find interesting. I keep getting calls from the Caddy, infiniti and toyota dealers and none from Lexus regarding my shopping. I asked for no one to call me as if I was interested I would contact them. So based on the bother factor Lexus is winning by a long shot. I guess they have not heard of test driving to help a decision.

Now this was not the same when we purchased the RX, the Lexus dealer in Omaha would not leave me alone and on many occasions called me a liar or told me the deal we got was impossible and not a lexus. But today in my garage sits a 2001 millen silver rx300..

I guess you can never tell what a dealer will do??